Goji OG seedrun

First off, thanks to @The_Lazy_Hippie for starting this group run and donating beans. I’m thrilled to be a part of the fun.

I will post relevant updates to the group goji thread here Bodhi Seeds - Goji OG Crowd Source F2 Preservation Project

I will also keep a more detailed account here.

I will plant these goji’s in a custom made soil blend. I started this soil three or four rounds ago, each successive round has been easier (less foliar amending needed).

Soil:

• Promix hp and bx (approx 50 ga)
  • compost made from kitchen and leaf scrap
  • ewc (approx 30lbs)
  • crab and oyster shell blend
  • kelp meal
  • oat groats
  • gypsum
  • lime
  • bio-fish blend (down to earth)
  • about a 1/2lb of dry cannabis trim

I use bio-live microbes from roots organics at transplant / a few times per round.

I amend mainly w a water soluble calcium that I made w crab and oyster shell and apple cider vinegar. 3/4 t / gallon H2O w a 1.5 t epsom salt

I make a banana peal tea for K needs and add diatomaceous earth and fresh ewc at transplants. I use terp tea blends from roots organics as needed.

This round may get some cherry wood shavings mixed in for structure

Bi-weekly Neem treatments in veg, for IPM, combined w diatomaceous earth dustings, and H2O2 sprays as needed.

40”x40” just got a bleach down.

Day 0: 10/23/21

11 goji og’s into a shot glass of tap water w a dash of h2o2

116 Likes

Tagging along !!!:pray::v::v:

6 Likes

Banana peal tea :heart:

Good luck with your grow! I’ll be watching

6 Likes

Mind if I tag along? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is gonna be a beauty

2 Likes

Not at all my friend, a hearty welcome to all. Make yourself comfy, and thanks to all for showing support!

5 Likes

Nice. Is the pvc tubing at bottom to stop tent walls from sucking in ? Good idea i may have to borrow that one.

8 Likes

Yes it is, keeps the bellows out. 3/4” pvc bends nicely around.

It also doubles as a scrog net attachment when I decide to go that route.

10 Likes

looks exciting! Will certainly stick around to watch this.

Also, the pvc around the tent is brilliant.

3 Likes

I dig the PVC as well. I am using some 3d printed tent spreaders I designed in a few tents at the moment.

7 Likes

very cool hope you dont mind me lurking over here in the corner very cool idea with the PVC and I dig the soil mix and grow style right up my alley have a great day

Bliss

4 Likes

I’m out of likes so.
:green_heart:

3 Likes

Hey :wave:

I like your soil nutrition…
Good luck on the Preservation Run…

I’ll stop my from time to time and check in…

Do you know if these seeds will be part of a future Fall/Spring Box Co-op ?

Ps. You can also take Bannana peels and cook them till Black n crispy. Then use coffee grinder to chop it up… Can add to your soil as slow release of Potassium… looks like this when done…

24 Likes

Ok, so your saying to cook them dry and make a soil amendment right? I see the benefit to having it dry. Thanks bud, I’m always looking for more ways to amend my soil w recyclables❤️

So far I have usually just chopped fresh banana peels and allowed to brew in H2O on my counter for a day or so. Store it in the fridge for a week.

5 Likes

Yes …
Take a bunch of Bannana peels and cut them up place in over at 300°f.

When cooking is finished, Black n crispy, most importantly DRY, very little moisture. Like chips.

Chop them up with a cocoffee grinder, ends up looking and kinda smelling like coffee grinder.

Now it’s shelf stable for at least 6 months…

Use 1 Teaspoon Gallon of soil, mix in soil or top dress.

Ps. This is the first time I’ve tryed this myself.

29 Likes

Yes, I believe 8 packs were sent out to do a combined preservation seed run / pheno hunt with. I will be sending the beans I make back to @The_Lazy_Hippie is my current understanding. All will be collected and i assume head to Sebring from there w the intent to be included in the Spring box. Maybe the lazy hippie will chime in if I’m off about any of that.

Glad to have to you along:)

And thanks for sharing your banana peel process, I love it. Def wanna make some of that

11 Likes

Awesome i’ll be sitting in the corner watching this one.

Sendin the vibes out to you! :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I’ve been doing this myself too, on a smaller scale, with a pestle and mortar. Think I might just give in and buy a grinder lol.

4 Likes

@catapult loving the setup you have here!
I’ll be pulling up a chair for this one.

2 Likes

I’m definitely around for this one! Good luck catapult!

1 Like