Gold Star x Snow Lotus (CLOSED)

They sure do look nice and yes they are monsters. Thanks for doing this. I have to take some time with the links too.
Ok did a bit of a check and yes I am in. Didn’t realize what the gold star was but now it even sounds more appetizing.

8 Likes

I’m totally down to donate some $$ to help with the shipping :v::peace_symbol::us_outlying_islands::green_heart:

6 Likes

Yep, that’s it! There are a few posts throughout that thread that I did in regards to that grow as well as this years grow. Here is a cut and paste smoke report that I did on last years harvest:

Gold Lotus ( Gold Star x Snow Lotus), outdoor grown, harvested November 26th after 12 or 13 weeks of flowering. Took a good 14 days to get it dry enough to go into jars and has been curing for about 3 weeks. Good yield, filled 6 half gallon mason jars of trimmed flower and 3 gallon ziplocs of lower flower and smaller flower I didn’t feel like trimming, though most of them are fairly solid nugs. I will turn this material into dry ice hash.

Aroma is sweet, subtle pine and what I think of as turpentine or menthol. A portion of the harvest was wet trimmed and it made my eyes water during the process.

Flavor was along the same lines as the aroma though it did finish with a nice citrus lime note that I found very enjoyable.

Only smoked once so far and the high was surprisingly well balanced, a great daytime smoke that got my head going but my body felt totally relaxed. I had planned on just chilling and watching TV after the session and that is what occurred, I felt like I could move if I wanted to but just chose not to. I got fairly high and thought to myself how Bodhi has some good genetics. Was very happy with the effects, and as the high wore off after a couple of hours it tapered into a feeling of well being that I could still feel throughout my body with no tiredness or sluggishness at all. Will be growing this again come Spring.

33 Likes

He’s estimating around 500 beans. Would everyone like 50 packs of 10, or let more people in and do like 70 packs of 7? 100 packs of 5 might get everyone in. I’m fine with any option.

Just keep adding to the signup list and we’ll see how many people are here by the time I sort them out next week.

24 Likes

Same here. Always happy to help the team

4 Likes

I’ll take a pack if if there is any left. Thanks a million @ElGalloBlanco!

2 Likes

@ElGalloBlanco Wow this looks great. Hope I can score a few. Blessings to all!!!

2 Likes

I’d say use that as a deadline and try to get beans to everyone who showed interest. The more people receive some, the higher the chance somebody F3s them? But in the end @ElGalloBlanco should decide how to procede if the list is getting too long

7 Likes

Huge thanks to @ElGalloBlanco for sharing these, and a huge thanks to @schmarmpit as well for handling packing and sorting.

I’m always on the lookout for a solid outdoor line to use in breeding to tame landraces. Right off the bat, I will definitely be including these in my next outdoor season to get pollinated by bodhi’s china yunnan cangshan mountain landrace sativa. Should result in a higher yielding, and early harvesting hybrid with a huge dose of landrace sativa.

depending on what we have to work with, I might also use this one to make f3’s, or use it as an outcross breeding tool with bodhi’s other snow lotus hybrids (like the solo’s stash for instance) to form a snow lotus dominant line with increased diversity.

The point is, these will be an incredibly useful breeding tool for the community.
Thanks again, Rooster!

13 Likes

To be honest I think 10 seeds in a pack would give the recipients the best shot at a successful breeding run to make f3’s.

@ElGalloBlanco because the stock is limited, maybe the best solution would be to choose a member for an f3 preservation run now, before sending out any seeds.

10 Likes

I dont know if it matters or not to anyone. But, I noticed there are some members who put their name in the trust level 3(regular) members list that are not trust level 3. I was gonna sign up but i will sit this one out since the seeds are limited. Beautiful looking plants though.

8 Likes

I like this thought. Can’t offer to do it though. Being illegalized sucks.

5 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out @grohio, that should be corrected as per the rules for co-op sign ups.
Hopefully people will correct that themselves, if not a co-op volunteer can go in and clean it up later.

To everyone signing up, please read the rules and correct any mistakes. It’s your responsibility to read the rules and take part in these giveaways responsibly.

Sorry to any level 2 members who may have missed the chance to sign up on the correct list.

5 Likes

Good point. I took myself off the list. I pointed this out before in one of the seed runs but nothing really happened :stuck_out_tongue: I vaguely remeber joe or someone else mentioning in a thread that once you have the regular “badge” that you can participate in these as a reg? It could just me not remembering right though. Stoner brain lol.

2 Likes

There is a list for trust level 2(member) to sign up. Its right below the list for trust level 3(regular)

3 Likes

Thanks, I am aware but I’m one of the many disgruntled former “regulars” that still pretends they are trust level 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

I should have signed up on 2 when there was room but my mistake.

This one sounds delicious.

7 Likes

Thanks @neogitus. The easiest way to tell if you are level 3 is to click on your own user name. If you are level 3, you will see the word “regular” in the bottom left hand corner of the popup.

And I’m sure we will be able to complete an f3 seed run and share these with everyone who didn’t get the opportunity this time.

4 Likes

The agreement was that once regular, you keep the badge even if downgraded, and that is enough for a level 3 signup. But after the software upgrade, the bug/feature of keeping the regular badge when downgraded was gone and there has not been any update to how we are going to proceed as far as I remember.

In my opinion there should be a replacement for the permanent regular badge that you keep once you made it to level 3 and seed run status is based on this. Not sure if the software can do it though. I’ll try to find the relevant thread later, it’s kind of off topic in this thread.

Just wanted to say, the wrong signups are probably not caused by bad intention.

6 Likes

Hey all, I would have pollinated a few more branches had I known I would be offering them up to the community ahead of time. Honestly I had no idea that pollinating a few flowers would result in way more seeds than I needed.

Looks like there are only about 350 seeds spoken for so far. Packs of 10 will probably be best to give people a good chance of finding something and I still have 5 or 6 of the originals that I may F2 again in the future.

14 Likes

Thanks ElGalloBlanco for sharing this with us, they look gorgeous, I would go also for a 10 seeds packet, that also gives you the opportunity to share some with people that may have missed this thread … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes