Gorilla sherbet my 1st grow

Turns out i was wrong. Watered it perfectly and got my first small plant!

4 Likes

Update: about 2 weeks in and plants are about an inch tall. Potted with rapidrooter and roots original soil. Small amounts of nutrients added to the rapid rooter for speedy/healthy growth. 2 seeds did not make it cause one sprouted way faster than I thought and dried out. So i germinated 3 more seeds. Goal is 4 plants. So far looks good. Seeds will be planted in a rooter today. Seedsman seeds are 100% germ rate so far with the paper towels in paper plates with warm water.

5 Likes

Are those 20 gal fabric pots?

1 Like

They do look like big pots as they are all alone but I believe they are those 5 Gallon Aeration Grow Bags by AC Infinity

2 Likes

On the money here. They came with the tent so I figured I’d give it a try. Not sure if I should have something under these when I need to start watering heavy? But they are 5 gallon bags from infinity. Probably just the close up of the bags made them look bigger. When I get into a bigger home for the plants I’ll move up to 20s

3 Likes

Starting to think I’m getting the hang of this. 2 seeds didn’t make it do to extremely high unexpected sprouting. These 3 new guys where sprouted using a 24h nutrient soak rapid rooters. They sprouted in under 12 hours and sprung out of rapid rooter in under 30 hours.

6 Likes

Can someone tell me if I’m paranoid or is this plant yellowing and curling a bit

2 Likes

old growth yeah, newer inner parts of the new leafs look better and healthier, id say run the course and could of just been a watering/ec disruption

2 Likes

Yeah. I over watered due to high ph! Tried to flush some nutes out.

Seems like I corrected my mess ups. Plants are growing fast and strong again.

5 Likes

Idk why but this is the only plant not really striving perfectly like the rest. It is closest to a fan I have on my plants and I’m considering that to be my issue. But it seems more like burn to me.

2 Likes

Id start by checking ph and salt levels. Always a good place to start. Doesn’t look like anything to really stress on though. Monitor to see if it gets worse.

It has gotten worse. The Vivosin meter I got sucks. Regret that purchase. The other meter I bought to test soil didn’t work either. The only 2 readings I get is 7.0 and 8.5. I just did a 2 day flush of no nutes just water and this is the only plant that didn’t strive well. Im using ny tap with a pur filter and I usually get a reading of 6.0-6.6 with the Vivosun meter. Running roots original the soil has never measured under 7 so I put nutes in with water at 5.8-6.5 and all my plants seem healthy and growing strong except this one.

Yeah those Vivosun meters are trash same with soil probes if that’s what you meant. I would buy something like this it works well, you just need to clean the probe every couple months and calibrate it when you clean it. Buy a turkey baster and use that to suck up your run off into a cup so you can test it accurately. Test each plant individually, don’t assume all the plants are the same.

As far as the ph goes, once you can get an accurate run off reading, adjust accordingly. If you’re at 8.0 don’t be afraid to put 5.0 or lower to help balance it. Keep checking the runoff till it’s where it needs to be. Keep in mind too, the ph fluctuates on its own so you can’t just feed the same ph every time, you have to fluctuate to really maximize things. Keep posting updates I’m sure we can dial it in.

I was just adding that back to my cart. Im sure you were the one insisting it before. I saved it to buy it and it slipped my mind. Thank you. I appreciate the help. I will keep posting. Im going to dial down the ph to 5ish and see what happens.

1 Like

Here’s the update after some research and just kinda deciding to trim off the burned leaves. (Grew back 2 leaves over 2 nights replacing the cuts).

6 Likes

Having. Some issues lately. So a lot of the plants have a brown burn to them. And now the leaves have wilted. About a week into a 12/12 light cycle these plants have went limp on me. Watered straight water for 5 days now. To flush.

1 Like

Just looks like older leaves, if so that was past problems also over watering could cause the droopiness if your flushing for 5 days now, do you have any fans inside the tent cause dense foliage and lack of air flow can make them seem droopy aswell as they cant persperate as well as they would like

You really shouldn’t “flush 5 days”. If it’s absolutely necessary to do a “flush” due to media issues, it should be a one time thing.

I’d recommend you let them almost completely dry out, which might take several days. Then resume a conservative feeding schedule. And fyi, they are likely to look worse before they look better, but they’ll bounce back. Good luck.

1 Like

I have 2 fans oscillating across from each other and the hvac unit pulling air out constantly. I may have over watered but I’m doing about half gallon every 2 days. Last time I let it dry out 3 days and weighed it to see how much water may be left and it was almost none. I am going to buy a new meter today. And start feeding with flowering stage nutrients from Foop. Tried to keep it as simple as possible as it’s a first grow. Just want to see some smoke at this point.

1 Like