Gpaw’s Grow #6, NL Autos

I had to delay harvest 3 days due to weather… too humid right now. That’s a first! :rofl:

I’ll do a final strain report shortly, maybe some harvest pics, and a smoke report to rap it it up.

Autos have staked out significant territory in the great pantheon of weed. Far more than I first thought they would.
They are going to be the basis for plants that will grow outdoors in the north (and extreme south) Further north than photoperiods can go.

Someday Santa’s elves will be growing auto Freezeland at the North Pole :santa: :laughing: :smoking:

Cheers
G

14 Likes

Hahaha, I just harvested the one I had to flip to 12/12.

7 Likes

Smoke Report - Northern Light Auto by Royal Queen Seeds.

The plants were harvested Aug 3 and have been slowly drying, hanging in the tent. Relative Humidity has been generally in the mid 50’s ranging from 48% to 64% over that period of time. They are not quite to the ‘clean twig snap’ stage yet. I popped a nice fat bud from #2 for a taste test.

The bud was sticky, with a faint smell of forest after a rain. Gummed up a freshly cleaned grinder! The ground bud has a mild pleasant herbal smell.

First impressions vaping was that it had a light, soft taste but a touch harsh in the back of the throat.

The initial impression of the high was a warm and fuzzy feeling, a lot like waking up on a morphine drip. No ‘elevator feeling’ but a very stealthy creeper (5 min. in). There is what I would describe as a coniferous after taste (more hemlock than pine) with a slight ‘behind the ears’ tickle.
This is a well balanced buzz, I’d swear I was feeling some CBD in there (but I don’t think there’s much if any CBD).

10 minutes in and it was definitely Fallout 4 time (you know – for science…) :thinking: :+1:

Reaction and aiming slightly degraded. Really getting into the wall textures etc.
Melee definitely working better than ranged weapons. More of an interest in logistical exercises than combat. No ‘loss of location’ experience like with a heavy Sativa.

See? Science :+1:

The effects of the buzz lasted about 2 hours, nice gentle landing. After waiting another hour I rolled a spliff and smoked that. Similar effects but attenuated. A bit harsher than vaping. Light buzz that lasted an hour.

Impressions:

Middle of the road potency, very mild taste. I am sure that the higher than normal temperatures (mid to high 80’s) during this grow contributed to that mild taste.
A well balanced high. I think this might be good as a medicinal plant as well as recreational.

My sons (28, 30 light users) find my personel flower too strong :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: so hopefully this will be great for them. :+1:

20 Likes

Great write up.

5 Likes

You would have been Sommelier :wine_glass: in another reincarnation frech|nullxnull , always enjoy the richness of language and imagination to describe flavors and feelings fumaoo|nullxnull , it is bringing the weed to a higher level, thanks for sharing … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

hey paw paw I was looking through your thread and realized you have the little greens in your pots with your…uh pot and was just curious your reasoning behind this because I’ve seen others do that too

3 Likes

I was experimenting with clover as a ground cover this time.
Initially the plan was to clip most of it and compost it with top dressing at the flip from veg to flower but I reconsidered that.
I’ll dissect the root balls shortly to see what differences it might have made to their development as I think there might be a dense root mat 2" below the soil.

I’m thinking about barley husks next time.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Interesting!! Was just curious. You know honestly and I know this sounds silly but the first thing that came to mind was a horse in the stable and a goat by its side as horses tend to have company. I was thinking the same here having the other plant as a “friend” lol I don’t know why my mind went there but I guess it just comes down to assisting the cannabis in grow. Anyways very cool pawpaw

4 Likes

Thanks George. :+1:
I struggled a little trying to best identify the tastes, I think the details might be useful to help someone decide if they want to grow or not.
I sure wish my taste buds and nose were up to sommelier standards! :nose:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

What size pots do you finish them in?

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

That’s what I’m talking about!!

9 Likes

Hi @oleskool830, how are you doing brother?
They rode all the way in 5 Gal. I’m reasonably confident I could have used 3 Gal.
More watering but less soil. :thinking:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

There’s all manner of interesting and subtle effects you notice playing video games.
You notice things you never closely studied like vistas and stare for 10 min. thinking “Wow” And sometimes when “all of the tumblers align” you become the Angel of Death but there’s never any eye witnesses :laughing: :sweat_smile: :call_me_hand:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Well said gramps! I mean what you know. Damn fine work man. RESPECT!

Blessings…

3 Likes