Grease_monkeys garbage can

Yeah, I’m watching for the drop coming up. I’ve managed a few sour strawberry, but I’d like a couple more packs.

Edit@chronickyle good point sir. It’s not fast stuff.

5 Likes

It doesn’t need to be fast, more so as a helper before I get issues

5 Likes

Might be due to using commercial pH down causing a salt build up. You might try using apple cider vinegar.

From Mandala Seeds “*Vinegar is a neutral acid that is completely harmless to plants when diluted in water. It should be used to adjust the pH of the water for soil cultivation to prevent overfertilizing of plants. The commercial pH DOWN products all contain potent nitric or phosphoric acid that raise the salt level in soil and can burn your plants. Especially seedlings and young plants easily suffer from regular watering with pH Down.”
https://www.mandalaseeds.com/de/Guides/Wasser-und-pH

Good luck with that 2X2! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Nectar’s Hades Down, is effective, and easy on the root zone. Figured I’d mention it. And their Olympus Up is liquid limestone, I think, which just evens out the edges real nice when you are feeding heavy. Small amounts of each go a long way, so the bottles of up/down last a long time.

And, garden lime, premixed into your soil will help.

4 Likes

I use organic apple cider vinegar, If I ph down to 6.2 with it, the next day the ph will be climbing up around 7 if left sitting in the bucket.

5 Likes

Lol my bottle of ph down may have a teaspoon out of it. I’m aaallways raising it

5 Likes

Must be some very acidic nutrients you are using. What are you using by the way?

2 Likes

Diablo nutrients 3 part… but I also had some issues with advanced nutrients 3 part. Im 98% sure its mostly to do with me over feeding and not giving straight water enough lol

5 Likes

The seedlings are nearly ready for their first good watering, up until now they’ve only had a splash every couple days and im thinking they’re about big enough to get a dousing. Can you tell which ones the runty twin?

14 Likes

Yooo I’m stoked to watch you grow out the gods green crack. I’m definitely gonna try and get my hands on some one day.

5 Likes

This one is jordan of the islands “extractor edition”

I bought it cause it sounded stronger than the non extractor edition lol fancy words gotta be worth somthing lol

7 Likes

Oh shit fancy! I’m in for the ride

4 Likes

That reminds of how some fishing lures are designed to catch the fisherman, in the store. :wink:

10 Likes

They all got drenched with weak nutrient solution a few days ago, and seemed to enjoy it. Runty twin is still slow as can be. The dead thing you see in the one solo cup was a cat casualty. I accidentally left the bathroom door open while they drained in the tub and the fury prick decided to eat one of the cackleberry X sour strawberry plants. It is not going to recover, but atleast it wasn’t a boggle gum!

14 Likes

catplant
I think we have a cat cartoon for that…

12 Likes

Well fuck me… im on red alert for spider mites.

The girlfriend found one of her tropical plants with mites this morning but non on her others. She chopped it off leaving 6 inch stalks to regrow and sprayed bug killer stuff on all of them. My tent is about 8 feet away and draws air from the bottom side/rear and sheltered from open space.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how at risk am I lol. Shes buying a pesticide strip to hang above her plants as we speak…

6 Likes

Get some neem oil and do some sprays as a precaution and you will be just fine. No webs isn’t hard to beat. It’s when they web your plants is when it’s getting bad.

4 Likes

Seems like everyone is on alert against one variant or another of those little punks lately. Definitely hit your plants like you have them, every few days, just in case.

4 Likes

I may harvest my autos a few days early… then I’ll be able to spray all the seedlings. Do spider mites hide in the soil?

4 Likes

They can go into soil or crevices if temps are not favourable, and hibernate. If it’s warm they will stay awake and on the plant. Joecrow, was saying they can only crawl about 90cm off plants, and need a host to hitch a ride on normally to move larger distances. Not sure if that is 100% correct but if correct the only way they can spread is either when plants move, or new soil with them in is used, or people or pets pick them up and bring them in.

6 Likes