Grease_monkeys ongoing micro grow

Yeah, that’s a male…

11 Likes

Those don’t look like pistils to me, but they do look like they just caught the light just right on edge to give the impression that they are. That’s a bummer.

Any time I’m in doubt, I just wait a couple days. It will be obvious soon enough either way :wink:

11 Likes

I spotted those two by eye, they seemed real besides not growing from the same point… its definitely obvious now lol. Ohwell I’ve been itching to try some purple kush femmed autoflowers ive got, so onward forward…

8 Likes

Oh no,what a bummer man, it’s a pain when you can’t pop a few seeds together, sods law they will all be girls :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: How tall do those purple kush grow ?

I just picked up some deep purple kush from HardRock, he gave me some orange goji f2s he made as well :grin:

6 Likes

Lol they grow as tall as I let them

4 Likes

Anyone know how big of a pot I should use … never tried an auto in the fridge

2 Likes

Hes an outside pet now

Less than 24 hours in a cup of water the purple kush has popped a tail and is in soil now

10 Likes

They use what you give them. I think mine is only 1l or 1.3l. I’d use a bigger one if I had more headroom. You can use small containers to limit size, but some get cranky if it’s too tiny.

I used 11l outdoors and none of my autos filled it.

6 Likes

I’ve edited the name because I didnt feel like starting a new thread so… here we go

Strain: Purpke Kush auto (feminized) by Linda seeds

Nutrients: advanced nutrients 3 part and megacrop

Lights: Walmart screw in leds with domes removed X6

I tried somthing different and just threw the seed in a glass of water, I had a tail sticking out in under 24 hours. Just over 24 hours after putting it in soil its popped its head out. I went with a laundry pack bucket for a pot as its overall wider yet shorter than what I had before.

14 Likes

Looks like she is off to a good start man.:+1:

3 Likes

Seems to be happy so far!

3 Likes

5 days since popping her head out of soil, definitely not as vigorous as the cackle was but still givin er

Annnnnd after watching mr cackle thrive outside in nearly freezing temps I started feeling bad for him and as my gf knows all too well I have a bad habit of keeping useless shit cause " I may have a need for it later" :laughing: so I kinda stripped him down and stuck him in a half assed 12/12. I figure if he did great outdoors at near freezing, well his Gene’s are worth passing on to potential outdoor strains

13 Likes

21 Likes

Come to think of it… I guess she has the same bad habit lol or else I wouldnt have a girlfriend :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

Let his balls drop and save the pollen! I like your idea for it being cold hearted.

5 Likes

That’s a pretty cold thing to tell his girlfriend to do to him poor grease monkey! Lol

5 Likes

Lmfao I’m not a picky man… pollen extraction is pollen extraction lol

8 Likes

I’m thinking the cackle is ready to drop pollen soon… the flowers arnt opening but I flicked one ball sack n saw a couple little dusty bits drop.

My last pollen collection was a bit of a shit show, so what’s everyones opinion on easiest way to collect?

4 Likes

Depends on what you need, if just wanting a few seeds pluck a pod or two with tweezers and tap over the flowers you want to pollinate, if storing up use a tray or a piece of parchment for it to land on, removing fan leaves that may act as catches

5 Likes

I’m just kinda going for whatever I get. I’ve kind of cupped some tinfoil around the biggest cluster so if anything falls it should be caught and then also tin foil on top of the pot incase some drops there.

I dont need the pollen, just figured why not

3 Likes