4th run: Hindu Kush & Orange Grove x GG4 RIL

Howdy OG! Alright! Finally starting up a grow I’ve been dying to start for a while now! First up, my first run of a classic strain! Hindu Kush from I49!! Only came with 4 seeds in the pack. Dropped on paper towel 8-29, all seeds popped tails under 24hrs, and put into soil! Got SO lucky I didn’t screw these up

Next is an AMAZING strain that comes straight from OG, GG4xOrang Grove. Cross was made by @Floyd , as if the GG4 wasn’t a dead giveaway who created it🤣. This is yet another great honor to grow out another of his strains and I will treat these like my own children. Dropped 4 beans, only 3 popped, but still keeping 4th in the paper towel to see if it comes around. The runt on the left was having trouble getting the tail to grow down and I kept it out of the light down low, but didn’t really do anything, so I reluctantly put it with the rest under the lights and it reached for the light! It’s my favorite one already, small and runtish with a mighty thick stalk.
Same setup with SF2000 light, but I did finally get an Infinity T4 that still needs installing
My feed store was out of FF so I picked up this it drains amazingly well but it seems to compact a little too hard for my liking but we will see how it works. Still need to get nutes and going to try something different this time so I’ll be poking around here and seeing what others are using.
I feel just as giddy about this grow as my first and am looking forward to the next few months with my favorite group of people! All are welcome and may you all have a wonderful week!

26 Likes

Nice :+1:t2: choices and I will be grabbing a spot to hang out while you grow up these babies Happy Growing The Doc

2 Likes

Unfortunately I have a good stock of Hindu Kush but they’re auto regs so I don’t know if you’re interested in Auto’s but if so pm me and I just can’t wait to see how things go

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing your babies grow up. :grin:

3 Likes

Excited to see how these GG4 x Orange Grove turn out. Thank you for posting.

4 Likes

@DrGonzo13 wow that’s a very awesome offer doc, and upmost random! I’ll see what I got to make a trade and send you a PM
Thanks everyone I wish it was a week already to post an update lol I forgot how slow they grow in the first week

1 Like

This looks like a good run to follow. Nice selection here :+1:

1 Like

@LemonadeJoe i can’t figure out how to change the title of this thread, I want to word the strain properly, as it rightfully deserves to be, to
Orange Grove/GG4 RIL
Thank you for assisting, and for your work you do overall.

4 Likes

Just fixed it for you bud. :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m definitely setting in on this one bro.
:v::cowboy_hat_face::+1:
Ohh and you asked about the OGxGG4 RIL that I have going.

@Floyd
It’s a girl!

She’s a little less compact a plant than I’m used to but she’s pretty, she stinks to high Heaven and she’s mine. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thats great news!
Both the GG4 and the Orange grove were branchy plants, very similar in structure. Both produced very solid sticky buds. Potent too.
Take cuttings!

3 Likes

I’m considering hitting one branch with some of my Fem Frankenstein pollen… :thinking:
I’m wanting to take some cuttings but I am limited to how many clones I can have going at one time. I’m maxed out but some will be culled. I may have room for one or two…

4 Likes

Rules were meant to be broken.

3 Likes

Yeah, If I were growing back woods I wouldn’t have a problem with that. The thing is they know where I am and what I have going. lol
If they pop in and I’m over then I would be forced to move everything into the woods. That’s a lot of walking on fake knees. :frowning:
I’d damn sure do it though. You bet your last nickle on that.

3 Likes

Well I hope you manage to squeeze one in. Might regret it later if you cant. Lol

2 Likes

Take your cuttings put them in a ziplock bag and keep them in the fridge.
They will keep for about a month. It’s only considered a plant once it has roots.

3 Likes

Backcross them to Orange Grove and Hindu Kush. Real excited to see what the GG4 RIL does in these! The Orange Grove seems like it will be fantastic!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

This I will do. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries brother :slight_smile:

You’ll find very good information about it in this thread.

4 Likes

Hey @MoBilly ! I was guna tag ya with my next update but it looks like ya stumbled over this! That’s great man, please feel free to keep posting your grow here I’m excited to see the comparisons since I only got 3 of them. Dang that’s a beautiful plant and now I’m even more excited for this grow!

1 Like