Greasy's Journal

I know I just posted an update yesterday, but I got a few more shots tonight that I think show their scale a little better, since there isn’t as much glare after sundown. They didn’t get too tall, but they sure have gotten wider!!

10 Likes

I like big bushes, and I can not lie.

1 Like

Question for outdoor growers. My sherbet fallen soldier has been showing bits of powdery mildew in it’s lowers the past week. I mixed up a potassium bicarbonate foliar spray and that hasn’t seemed to stop it. It is not affecting any of my other plants. I remove any leaves or budsites I see it on immediately, but was curious if anyone had any tips? It just seems so weird to me it’s just one plant

3 Likes

Post a pic of the whole plant mate. I don’t like being “that guy” but that looks more than a mild case of PM with some leaves being completely white… also again not trying to be negative but looks like bite marks on the leaves… possible mites. I truly hope I’m wrong about both things.

I’ve had decent results with hydrogen peroxide for PM. LAB’s work great as a preventative too.

Good luck bro :call_me_hand:t4:

3 Likes

That’s totally fair. Here are a few more pictures of the plant. Gave it an additional spray down last night of vegetable oil, dish soap, and potassium bicarbonate. No new white spots this morning. I do agree I have some pests though. Mites or thrips for sure. My weekly ipm is really aimed at caterpillars after the transition to flower, so there is definitely a weak spot in my defenses.

8 Likes

Looks like you cut off the most infected part which sometimes is all you need to do to stop it spreading fast. If you can separate the one with PM from the rest that’ll be a big help too. I like to put a fan on at night when the humidity spikes if that’s an option.

With the pests I highly recommend JWA, I had constant issues with spider mites on my outdoor grow and it works wonders. I’ll post Tinytuttles link, very easy and cheap to make and lasts a long time.

Nice spread out canopy though mate, should be a good yielder.

You been getting in to that ground swell that hit this week bra? I saw lowers was pumping yew :call_me_hand:t4: :call_me_hand:t4:

8 Likes

Thanks for the link. That looks like a really cost effective way to fight off mites. I’m hoping I can preventatively fight off that pm. Will look into sourcing some koh.
This plant is in a pot, but has fully cemented itself to the ground by growing roots through it’s pot. If another batch of pm pops up, I’ll rip it up and quarantine it to the other side of the yard. Appreciate all the tips and the compliment. I really do love the structure of this plant with all the training. Hopefully I can get her back on track and just keep real close eyes on her.

I have been logging a lot of time in the water. We didn’t get nearly as much size as lowers did last week, but it felt good to get a short board in the water with some real push to the waves. I was back on the wavestorm today just to get wet. Still, riding a big foam board in clean two foot waves is still pretty fun!

2 Likes

Sounds epic mate, the older you get the more foam is your friend. I’m loving my retro shapes these days, I turn 43 soon so it’s all about soul arching more than trying to throw buckets haha. Any craft is fun, these are a couple of my fun boards

I ride this pig as single fin in small waves

Handmade bamboo fin(not by me)

The 5’5 fish is really run

2 Likes

Love the look of that fish! I bet that thing flys when the surf gets punchy! I’ve actually never ridden a board with a single fin. The older guys who ride 6’6 or 7’0s with single fins always score the best waves in the winter as they always can scratch into waves sooner than the rest of us on more traditional shorter boards. I am trying to learn to throw buckets, still a work in progress, but I love how as you age in surfing you can add more foam and stay in the water. We had a local legend who just passed this year who was surfing well into his 80s on a longboard.

I love talking surfboards, so I’m gonna take this opportunity to share my quiver

From left to right, my average joe groveler, pod mod my everyday board ,hypto krypto for when the waves get really interesting, and the wavestorm for little peelers.

3 Likes

Nice quiver, CI boards always go well. What size is that Hypto? Never seen one in grey, looks killer. I used to have a 5’8 but was a little big for me but they fly. Hayden has literally made millions of that one design.

This is my first single fin, not much experience either. Super loose

Me too

Yeah mate that’s why I said ‘trying’ haha.

Me too mate, it keeps you feeling alive. R.I.P to that 80 year old guru. Did you guys do a paddle out for him?

As do I, I’ve loved the Stab’s acid board test series.

How’s Slater still on tour and turns 50 next year :alien:

2 Likes

My hypto is 5’8 too, and I agree it’s too much board, so I really only use it when waves are over head high. But when it locks into a wave, it’s my magic board!

We did have an epic paddle out for him! They spray painted his name on our jetty too. It was awesome!

All I’m gonna say on that last one is all hail Kelly! Only reason I would ever tune into a CT comp.

2 Likes

Indoor Update:
I ended up culling all but one of my autos as I struggled using the Nectar for the God’s nutrient line and stunted them all to where they went into flowering pretty early. I did decide to keep the Ghost Rose alive because she is just so frosty, but she did get kicked outside two days ago to make more space in the tent.

Ghost Rose

I’ve got her back now on my regular organic regimen. Hopefully I can even her out. I really struggled with the PH with Nectar for the Gods. I just don’t think bottled nutrients are for me. I PH’d the nutrient mix every time I fed and watered, but I didn’t do any slurry tests, and I’m guessing with all the constant feeding of the NFTG line that she went into lockout. She just smells so good and fruity, and is getting so frosty that I just couldn’t cull her!

CSI and Cannardo Photos

Here are my new babies to replace the autos at 16 days old. The Triange Kush x Loompa and the Savage Bubba are currently the happiest plants, whereas the Babu is really lagging behind, and the Meat Pie got a little overwatered early in life and is bouncing back from that. I’m thinking I will keep the best 4 in the tent, and the loser will get put outside. My plan is to veg these for another 3 weeks or so, get them into 3 gallons and do a quick flip so I can fit 4 plants in this space. Excited to see what this group will bring to the table!

8 Likes

Outdoor Update:

Plants are all filling out now. The first to flowering are around six weeks now give or take. It’s exciting to watch them bulk, but it’s also approaching the time where my anxiety is growing. They are getting pretty darn smelly and the caterpillars are now a constant battle. BT seems to be doing the job as long as I stay with the weekly sprays. It’s nice to find their little skeletons all shriveled up. There is nothing more I hate in the world these days than caterpillars! The powdery mildew seems to be gone for now. Had it pop up on a second plant, so I’ve got a fan set up out there now blowing on them at night.

Group shot

Zkittlez

Norge

Sherbert Fallen Soldier

Durban Poison Fallen Soldier

@corey this is the one i’ve got going. She is probably the fastest photo I’ve ever had to flower, as she started at 35 days from seed. Planted her July 27th so I guess it’s just the changing of sun that got her to flower so fast. Total opposite of yours!

Ghost Rose X Cookie Devil

Ghost Rose

This poor plant has been treated so poorly through her life, but she is still keeping on!

12 Likes

Hey @Greasy. Everything looks great! You have some nice colors coming through already.
I was doing some research on these Durban fallen soldiers that we are growing, and according to my research they used 5 different father’s on the female Durban. One father was full sativa. I think mine may have gotten pollinated by the sativa father because of the then nodes. In this pic you can tell that your leaves are slightly wider then mine. I put mine out mid June iirc. Your right, they are nice plants. Mine smell’s like sweet candy. Great work bud!

11 Likes

I’ve been keeping all of my bigger plants at a second location since my yard can’t really accomodate larger plants. The landlord at this location came by unannounced and found them and told their tenant that they had to be gone by the end of the day. We moved them back to my place, and the two zkittlez plants are just too big to be kept outside. I have them in my bedroom now, but am unsure what the best thing to do with them moving forward. There isn’t much direct sunlight in there so I think I can set up some supplemental lighting, but it might just be too invasive to have for a month like that. I also only have one spare light. Would have to shut down my tent to have two. What a day

6 Likes

I have been able to re home 3 of the 4 plants that were kicked out of their old yard. I did need to cull this one zkittlez though as I just didn’t have any room for it.

Question for anyone reading, what should I do with this plant? It’s only had about six weeks flowering. Is it worth using to make butter or hash, or should it just hit the compost? I figure some of the tops look like they would be salvageable.

6 Likes

No way you could’ve put her on a window sill inside?

My current stash is all plants I had to harvest too early because I moved, some days I barely get any effect, other days are more intense, bit of a gamble, but I don’t mind that.

Could use it as a herb to sprinkle on your food, raw if you don’t want any surprises.

2 Likes

I’ve been wrestling with what to do over over the past few days, and decided that I would just keep the one that was furthest along. I had to convert my bedroom into a grow room to finish it, and don’t have enough lights for both plants.

I took a chance on growing more plants than I ever had this year, and I think I’ll still come out well, but it was just too much of a hassle to keep both. At least I’ll get some fully grown zkittlez to smoke in a month or so!

1 Like

Either way, plenty of good and healthy stuff in unfinished plants!
If you eat them raw and smoke your normal finished stash simultaneously then your high is likely to be higher! I know it works like that when I eat leaves.

3 Likes

The flowers definitely look good enough to smoke.

2 Likes