Green Closet of Funk OG homecoming

love watching your grow here @JC72! those new lights are so much better than the blurple that you had. the difference even in just the photos you shoot is night and day. how would you say the maxisuns have been holding up so far? worth the purchase? any complaints about them?

your photos look really great now, very clean and crisp and clear. not sure whether it’s a combination of your camera and light or what, but thumbs up from me!

regarding your cameras and sensors, i know there are some automation nerds around here. i haven’t gotten into it myself, as i’m still working on my basics. but they’re around somewhere. sometimes when you’re a newer user, your grow journal may not pop up on a lot of overgrowers’ feeds because there are other topics which get more responses or hits. but give it time and as you get out into the overgrow world and connect with other members, we’ll start to see what you’re doing and we’ll for sure come grab a spot in some corner of your grow tent.

i’m most curious to see how those gogi og x c99 plants will turn out. sounds like an awesome cross.

also, i’m loving the fact that you play your plants music. if i weren’t trying to keep my grow super stealth as well, i might blast some tunes for my plants too. lol!

keep on growing! i’ll be over here in the right corner, where misterbee normally seems to reserve a spot. lets see what he’ll do once he gets here one day, lolol… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hi @highminwin I’m loving reading your grow journal also! Thanks for the comments on the photos etc, I tried to step up my game a bit so thanks for noticing.
I’m actually very pleased with the Maxsisun MF1000 lights, 2 seems plenty bright for my 2x4 tent. I like the remote control dimming and overall decent build quality for the $50 price I got them for. No complaints, I would recommend them to others if/when they are available again. The blurple is “fine” but now I’m using another cheap light in my veg tent, a Lampsoul LR1200 that was $25(!) with a coupon a few weeks ago. It seems to heat up the tent a bit more than the blurple so I’m glad it has a dimmer.

I haven’t done any more development on the cameras and sensors, I have enough data for now, and dont really need any extra automation at the moment. I do love being able to remotely look in the tents whenever I want. I think it helps with LITFA :slight_smile:

I’ll go ahead and give a closet update here also. I’m four weeks into 12/12 so I should be nearing the halfway point of flowering for this session. I had another setback with seeds, it looks like one of the new BOG firemix seeds was attacked as it was trying to emerge. It looks like aphids maybe? This was the last pic shot under blurple.

I tried to save it by flushing the little buggers off with H202 water 3x, but they attacked and ate the entire seedling (RIP).
My StrawBerry Wine finally showed its bits, and it’s got BALLS so it had to go.
Here’s a quick shot of the veg tent with it’s new light, the clones are showing some new growth now. I topped a few of the seedlings and the UBQ clone around the 6th node the other day.

I have a few oddities in the flower tent but things are chugging along in there.

ST1, UBQ, and WC1 are starting to fill out nicely. ST2 coming along, but a bit behind. I’m hoping the stretch on UBQ is coming to an end. I probably should have bent/trained her, but I wanted to see her natural bush :slight_smile:
ST1 starting to fatten up and push out the trichs, she smells very citrusy.

I’ve noticed several 12 finger leaves on ST1

ST2 has a slightly odd shape, it looks like twin buds at the budsites

WC2 still looking great, really glad I left it alone, this girl has some luscious looking frosting coming in.

The tent was jamming to The Meters the other night

I ordered some Grove bags to check them out for my cure, they seem a bit spendy, hoping to get a smooth finish with them. I received my WiFi scope, but it’s a bit of a pain to get non blurry pictures. I’ll need some sort of tripod for it, but I managed to get a few OK shots.

Until next time OG

7 Likes

that seems like a great price for a good quality led light. i know there are other overgrowers who are trying to light things on a budget, so hopefully those lights will come back in stock at that price. i see on amazon there are similar lights that seem to use mostly the same components (based on the product photos). but it can be hard to judge quality just because products look alike. their components can be dramatically different, having a big impact on overall quality.

are you killing all of your males? no breeding or seeding, or just waiting for the right one?

man, look at all them fingers on the sour tangie leaf. i think i’ve got 11 fingers on one of my plants, but i don’t think i’ve caught 12 yet. you’ve topped/trained your st1 well. it looks like you’ll get multiple fat colas there.

1 Like

Yeah, I actually wish I would have grabbed another while they were around…

I’m killing all of my males for now, wanting to put away a good little stash of primo. I may mess around with seeding some keeper females after I find some. I’m maxxed out on space with my current setup, and barely holding temps in the 80’s as is with 100+ degree days of summer.
I didn’t top anything flowering right now, ST1 had the most training, UBQ the least. I’m really liking how early ST1 started flowering and packing on bud size compared to everything else it the tent, it will likely be ran again ASAP from a clone in the veg tent. The WC is the frostiest though… and I haven’t even seen any of the BOG or Bodhi stuff in flower yet, VERY excited :sunglasses:
Several plants in the veg tent have been topped so we’ll see what kind of growth happens in there soon.
Also, the strange growth on ST2 may be it topping itself? Stopped cola growth, only growing the top two sites on each stalk?

3 Likes

Sooo Nanners… I found some… UBQ showed some obvious bits of pollen powder on a fan leaf so I sprayed it, pinched it off and tossed the leaf. I looked above and found a spent nanner that I also sprayed and plucked. I carefully looked over all of the flowering plants and found a total of 2 on UBQ and 1 on a lower on ST1. I’m sure I’ll get some seeded buds this grow, just going to push forward at this point. Looking seeded here on a lower of ST1

Also, it seems that my UnknownBagQueen is an autoflower, the clone was taken 6/11 and has had nothing but 24hr lights but she’s decided to stretch and flower anyway lol. I went ahead and tried to take the top as a clone, not sure how either will work out, or if I really need them around if they will throw nanners later…

I went with some Budgie “In for the Kill” while nanner hunting the other night
BudgieInForTheKill

2 Likes

The flowering tent in the closet is getting pretty full now, ST1 looks like it is finishing up, getting some amber trichs now at 6 weeks.

Still pulling some nanners from the cola on ST1

WC2 continues putting on the frosting

UBQ looking good, she seems to have stopped throwing balls

ST2 still has a bit of a strange bud structure, she is the only girl flowering that has not thrown any balls/nanners that I could find

ST2 starting to amber up also

I took clones of SilverLotus F2 and GogiOGxC99. They went directly into a cut of aloe.

I found some hairs on my SL F2 in veg so I’ve moved her and GOGC99 to the flowering room.

Stupid cheap speaker gave up so it was replaced.
I went nanner hunting throughout the week, hoping to keep the seeded budsites to a minimum. Been exploring some classical music more lately, nanner hunting to Night on Bald Mountain.
mussorgsky
And the girls got some Brahms the other night after lights on
Brahms
I took a tester nug of ST1 and dried it using a dehydrator. Not bad for fresh and green! I may cut ST1 soon, she is heavy, lots of orange hairs and just seems almost done. She had lots of lower leaves fading and dropping this last week.

Quick shot of the veg tent

My Grove bags should arrive soon, looking forward to using them. :man_farmer:

4 Likes

Its been such a busy summer, no time to update… Things in the closet are just starting to get good too!

ST1 has lots of amber trichs and came down at 7 weeks, I have a healthy clone if this turns out awesome. I took 2 spears and quick dried them for “testing purposes” and then let the rest dry for a week in my makeshift drying box

Weight of what dried in the box before going into Grove bags 27g Nice and citrusy

UBQ and WC2 are both cloudy and amber, and it’s been 8 weeks, so it’s time for them to come down

ST2 isn’t very amber so she will be left another week

GogiOGxC99 at 3 weeks flowering

And SilverLotus at 3 weeks

UBQ looking heavy and leaning

Chopped and hanging in the box

And the very frosty Wedding Cake gets the chop at 8 weeks

And now caught up with UBQ and WC2 hung and drying

It’s only been a few days since chop, I’ll give them a few more days, then get them into some Grove bags for curing. Smells awesome in the box. Nice and funky UBQ, and a lemon cake dough smell from the Wedding Cake :sunglasses: :fire:

5 Likes

Another month has passed, definitely time for an update! I let ST2 go a little longer than the rest, here she is right before the chop.

Really nice smell on this variety from a bag with 2 seeds labeled SourTangie. This one tastes and smells very citrusy, with a heavy earthy, (meaty?) aftertaste.
Everything has been dried and stored in grove bags (about 3-4 weeks as of this update) and is coming along nicely.

This next batch of flowering is moving along in cruise control, I’ve left for 2 days at a time a few times with little ill effect.
Here’s some BogFireMix

The GogiOGxC99 is probably the nicest smelling plant I’ve been around, no real description for her rn, other than amazing old school funk.

Silver Lotus 1 in particular has been able to branch out and start putting on some weight, they are all coming along nicely.

Fast forward a few days and we have another group shot

GogiOGxC99 starting to fill out

BFM2 getting some nice fat indica leaves

And now a few pics from a couple of days ago:
group shots right before lights on, I had just come back from a 2 day trip to find SL3 growing right up into the light!

and BFM2 11 days later

I’ve been tending the closet and playing music for them almost nightly, it’s been hard to find the time to do a through update lately.
I’ve had maybe 50/50 success with cloning, I have a few clones of the nice ST2 in veg with the mom, but I’m not really interested in regrowing anything else from that 1st crop. I should get some seeds dunked and start some new stuff, likely another few GogiOGxC99 (its’s clone didnt make it) and I think I’ll start maybe 3 JackHerer to see if I can find anything interesting. Thanks for stopping by! :man_farmer:

5 Likes

Update time, continuing from where I left off…
Harvest time again, 2 BOG FireMix finishing off courtesy of @Indoornesian via @DougDawson

And GogiOGxC99 and SilverLotus courtesy of @iamyou_youareme

BFM1 was a little hermie, I knocked off any offensive growth as I saw it. BFM2 was pretty stable, nice phat fans.
All of the SilverLotus F2s and GogiOGxC99 grew problem free, and smell amazing. SL1 put on the most weight, and SL2 grew quite tall.
These plants have all now been curing for over a month, All of the SilverLotus grew potent, crusty buds. Not alot of variation in the smoke between them so far. BFM1 has a very loud and stanky strawberry fuel smell to it. GogiOGxC99 is delicious and hard to describe, almost sweet, earthy with maybe some citrus overtones.
I’ve started a few plants from seed in the meantime, and have started revegging a few plants from the last run. Only 1 JackHerer from @AzSeaindooin420 and an AlphaDawg made it from the last seed soak.

Getting some new growth on SL1 and SL3, the BFM2 reveg isn’t looking so good, will leave it for another few weeks.

For now, I’m flowering off the potential mothers from last round. The ST2 is really nice smoke, I’d like to reveg this one once it’s done. ST1 and UBQ are mostly along for the ride, UBQ looks fine, but ST1 was a little stringy when I started flowering, it has lost almost all of it’s fans. A look at the sad group…

And a mostly current shot of the veg tent

I have several seeds in solo cups as of 24hrs ago… 3x SilverLotus, 3 more ST seeds, and 1 JackHerer.

I’m thankful to the members who sent me some quality seeds to get going, thank you OG!

4 Likes

Very cool bud, good job.

1 Like

Wow dude! I don’t know how I missed your whole grow of these, but thanks for tagging me and posting up pics!

Those Silver Lotus F2s look awesome! Maybe better than the original plant that was seeded, haha. You did a great job with them. Any variation in the smells with them? Kinda berryish? Cool to see that you’re trying to re-veg them, I’m crossing my fingers that works for you. Looks like you left plenty of material to re-grow. I smoked some of the Silver Lotus the other day and it was very nice!

I like the smell of the Goji x C99 too, I grew a couple and most smell like some funky C99.

Thanks again for growing them out and the reports on them.

3 Likes

Very nice of you to put these beans to use, and give them feedback. I appreciate your patience with the BFM1 and apologize for you having to deal with herm issues. There wasn’t any issues with the carrier, so I couldn’t warn you. You mentioned Strawberry scent somewhere, Bodega Bubblegum possibly.
Great thread :clap:t4:

2 Likes

Time for another update, I had an AlphaDawg and a JackHerer in flower for a while, the JH turned out male. I usually chop all of my males, but I’ve decided to capture some pollen as I only had a few JH seeds to pop. I cut the male at around 3 weeks and I’ve got him in some water and laid over some paper. I’ve gathered a cotton swab of pollen and dusted down the lowers on my AlphaDawg to make my 1st seeds!

I’m working on a few clones and a few plants from seed, I have an unsexed JackHerer runt, a SourTangie, and another Silver lotus.

A few shots of AlphaDawg enjoying both of the 100w LEDs, around middle of flowering

Thank you so much for doing the seed run and passing them on, both of the BOG plants are nice smooth smoke and have strawberry taste, one with a potent stank also

I did notice some berry on SL2 and SL3, I have SL3 in reveg right now. She has fairly vigorous regrowth, but I have yet to get a good clone of her.

It’s probably time to soak a few more seeds, some tough decisions after receiving more BOG seeds, some SourStrawberry from @Mithridate and SourGrape from @DougDawson

Thanks for stopping by!

6 Likes

I ran out of likes. lol
Nice read. :slight_smile:
Figure I’ll sit a spell.
:v:t4:

1 Like

Hey @MoBilly thanks for stopping by, I had a great time catching up on your thread!

Definitely time for another update, I have some seeded lower budsites to share, here from almost 2 weeks ago, starting to shrivel pistils

And a full shot

I’ve been soaking up threads and trying out some ideas from other OG’s, I’ve got some cuts in sandwich bags, and successfully rooted a revegging nug of ST2

I’ve got AlphaDawg, ST2, and a Silverlotus in the flower tent right now

And the veg tent from a few days ago. I trained the scraggly tops of SL3 over, she isnt very happy here

I’ve very recently added 6 seedlings, these all hit soil this week.
2x SourStrawberry from @Mithridate

2x GogiOGxC99 from @iamyou_youareme

And 2x SourGrape from @DougDawson

Looking forward to growing both of these BOG strains, I may just keep a male and make a handful of seeds with them.

My other seed experiment seems to be coming along nicely, several budsites of AlphaDawg were hit with some JackHerer pollen and are looking swollen. I collected the pollen from the paper it landed on with some cotton swabs and stuck them in a few ziplocks. I gathered 11 swabs yellowed with pollen so it should be enough to do a few plants in the near future if I want.

All caught up now, thanks for following along! :man_farmer:

7 Likes

That Alpha Dog looks very nice.

2 Likes

Thank you, she had both lights all to herself for most of her time in flower and is looking pretty good. Starting to fade to a lighter green now that she’s finishing up. I’m excited to see what comes from those seed pods!

2 Likes

That Silver Lotus you have in the flower tent is looking stellar! I’m glad you found something you like.

I will be interested to see how the Goji x C99 turns out for ya. I grew a few out and got some nice ones. A friend in Cali grew that one outside and it got pretty big!

Hope they turn out great for ya!

1 Like

Wow, love the look and size of those outdoor Goji x C99! It may be some of my favorite smoke that I have grown so far. Very nice earthy spice smell and flavor. I’ve run through almost all of it already, that and more than half of the 3 Silver Lotus I grew, so definitely time to get more of both of them going. Thanks again @iamyou_youareme for setting me up for success with some :fire: seeds!

2 Likes

Best of fortune with your project!

1 Like