Green Closet of Funk OG homecoming

Hello all, its about time for an update. I was sick for awhile around Xmas, no energy for updates. I tried to keep the tents happy while I wasn’t well.
I had an AlphaDawg finishing up, and a SilverLotus, Sourtangie, and a clone of AlphaDawg starting flower. Here’s the flower tent on 12/20

and here’s some roots in the baggie from the cheap cloner experiment. this is working well for now.

Now on to just after the new year, AD has been harvested. The clone had 3 large tops so it was trained outward with wire and clips, the SL and ST got some light training to expose more lowers

The veg tent looking a little sad, the SilverLotus reveg in the back corner kinda shriveled up and died on me…

And just a few days later at around 30 days in the flower tent

I let the SL reveg go and got some of the new crop of seedlings transplanted.
I’m excited to run some very nice BOG gear that I was blessed enough to gather over the last few months. I have 2x SourStrawberry from @Mithridate , 1x SourGrape from @DougDawson , and 3x BogBubble from @Cyr_grow. One SourGrape seedling didn’t make it, and 1 BogBubble looks very weak, so I’m focusing on the vigorous ones… I also have 2x GogiOGxCindy99 from @iamyou_youareme going as well, along with some clones of everything in the sandwich baggie cloners.

I’ve also got a stubborn runt of a JackHerer from my last seed from @AzSeaindooin420 that seems to be another male after nursing it back to health over a few months.

Some BogBubble seedlings, a few have a 90 bend in them

I got a few nice shots of Silver Lotus at around 35 days F

And here we are caught up with a fresh batch of pic from earlier today, a group shot around 6 weeks flowering

And a current shot of the veg tent. Several happy Bog babies at around 4 weeks

The BoggleGum seedlings are coming around OK, they were all very white coming out of their seeds, a few didn’t know which way to grow, I think 3 of them will pull through.
I’ve kept any bug issues away with a combination of yellow sticky traps and mosquito dunks crumbled up in my watering jugs. I’ve topdressed everything everything a time or two through flowering with some worm castings and Dr Earth 2-2-2 dry ferts. I also made a golden tea with the dry Dr Earth and gave a foliar feed a few nights ago. The plants seem to have firmed up and started praying so I’ll keep spraying them once a week or so with it.

I’ll try to stay on top of the updates a bit more from now on, thanks for stopping by! :man_farmer:

7 Likes

Nice update!
:+1:t4:

1 Like

Starting to OverGrow the closet of Funk now, lets get into the action a few days after we left off, I put several new plants in the flower tent, filling it up! No more than 2 weeks for the older ones to the left. I added 2x SourStrawberry, 1x SourGrape, and 2x GogiOGxC99 to the flower tent.

Getting some nice fruity smells from the SourStrawberry, 1 confirmed female, the other very likely male. The SourGrape is the tallest and thickest of the group, and another confirmed female. Both GogiOGxC99 are also female.

I’ve had a JackHerer male chillin with the ladies, watching him nightly for any about to burst pollen sacs. He was taken to a secluded pollen collection area shortly after this pic and his spot taken by the other GOGxC99

Starting to fade a few days ago on the 2 oldest in the tent, an AlphaDawg and SilverLotus

I’ve finally got 2x healthy BogBubble seedlings, another 2x seeds were soaked, only 1 more made it so I should have 3 to work with. I have bagged clones starting to show roots with 2 graduating to solo cups. A few other seedlings going, a BlueBerryCookies bagseed and one of my first purpose made seeds, an AlphaDawg/JackHerer cross.

And finally a nice shot from yesterday of AD continuing to gracefully fade. Early curing buds from the last grow taste of fuel and a little spice.

I’ve been adding songs to the closet speaker’s SD card. Now playing everything from Bach to ZZ Top, AC/DC to Stevie Wonder, even a little HipHop daily on a loop. Classical, Funk, hard rock, metal seems to keep everyone happy and healthy.

The SilverLotus, AlphaDawg, and SourTangie will be at or past 60 days flowering soon, I’ll chop them when the scope shows 10-20% amber.

I have a batch of seeds on the way from the free seeds threads, I’ll have an update in another week or two. Keep it funky! :man_farmer:

2 Likes

My plants have to put up with me practicing my guitar in there (great acoustics). They don’t seem to mind. lol

1 Like

I’m sure the plants love your playing @MoBilly music is always better live!
Here’s a full closet shot from a few days ago

The closet continues to chug along, I have finished collecting pollen on the 2nd Jack Herer male from @AzSeaindooin420 , and have now set up the nice looking Sour Strawberry male from @Mithridate for some pollen collection. The Sour Grape from @DougDawson is dominating, big boned girl that has some nice phat leaves.

I couldn’t resist hitting a few budsites on the SourGrape with some early SourStrawberry pollen

I have dusted a few lowers of each of my GOGxC99 and the SilverLotus from @iamyou_youareme with some of the JackHerer pollen, hoping to find something interesting in there.

The SilverLotus and AlphaDawg are due to come down in around a week or so, both are looking great and still slowly fading color.

The veg tent is looking a little sad with some failing clones in my low buck baggie cloners. My success seems to be strain dependent. The BogBubble from @Cyr_grow are starting to look good, at around the 4th or 5th node for the bigger ones, likely transplant them soon.

I received a package with a couple of great sounding crosses from @Tracker and will likely get a few of each soaking and in soil soon.
Thanks for stopping by! :man_farmer:

6 Likes

Loving the pink hues in that one plant! Super pretty!

Happy to see some jack crosses being made too! If u need some more jack beans I’d be happy to send some out so u can look for a nice lady to throw some of that pollen at for a continued generation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks man, I’m really liking the pink&orange fade on the AlphaDawg too. I’d love another chance to look through more seeds for a few JH females! Re-sending a privnote :metal:

1 Like

Good to see the offspring are taking after the parents. Nice stretch one and a squat one

1 Like

Back with another update, here’s the AlphaDawg days before the chop.

And some @iamyou_youareme SilverLotus lowers

These pics are from almost a month ago, nice healthy group shot

How about some seeded BOG lowers? A @DougDawson SourGrape and a @Mithridate SourStrawberry were both hit with SourStrawberry pollen.

AlphaDawg post chop nuggz

You shouldn’t be in here!

A lovely Valentine’s Day SourGrape shot

SourStrawberry

Another AlphaDawg starting to fade

Hot Hot Veg Action

@Tracker 's (SKxLK)x(Z3x(WCxBM))

And my own creation, AlphaDawgXJackHerer from @AzSeaindooin420 this one has a mutated looking leaf

I wasn’t having repeatable results with the baggy clones, so I bought a cheap DWC cloner tub. I have 2x AlphaDawg, 2x BogBubble, BlueBerry Cookies, and some SourStrawberry male cuts going right now.

And now for some pics from the last week. I’m getting some early fade and dropping big fans on the SourGrape and SourStrawbery lowers

Frosty SourGrape seeded lower

And some BogBubble from @Cyr_grow

I recently moved BogBubble 1(f) and 2(m) to the flower tent, most of the rest of tent should finish in a week or two. I’m looking forward to trying the flower from the current BOG stuff, and also testing some seeds from the cross. I’ve been having some issues with new seedlings dying off in veg so I’ve purchased some new soil and will get things sprouted and try again. I’ve got 2x more SourGrape and 2x SilverLotus seeds going as I have no clones of them. Keep it Funky!

8 Likes

Very nice looking plants man, great job.

1 Like

Thanks @DougDawson ! So excited to try these BOG sour girls

1 Like

Very cool, wonderful to see u made a cross with jack! Hope it smokes amazing!

1 Like

It’s looking good in there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those look really good man, how do you feel about the Silver Lotus in general, was there much variation between the different plants?

Shoot me a DM when you’re ready for some more seeds, happy to send some more Bodhi and some T-1000 feminized crosses your way.

Thanks for the support @AzSeaindooin420 and @MoBilly

@iamyou_youareme
The SilverLotus is pretty nice smoke, I grew 3 plants this summer/fall and went through most of it pretty quick. Nice high and flavor after about a month of cure. I left around an eighth for a longer cure, and it had a much stronger berry taste and smell. I didn’t notice a ton of variation in the 3 plants, all had reasonably similar potency/flavor during my short cure/smoke time with them. I also really dig the GOGxC99 you sent, I’ll let you know when I need some more Bodhi crosses :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Time for another closet update, things are definitely getting funky in there. @Cyr_grow’s BogBubble… 1&2, looking a lot alike, 1 is female, 2 is male.

I culled BB2 after I ended up liking the other male more, BB3.

Here they are together, 3 is a week or so younger

He stayed in the tent for a while, but his visiting with the ladies was cut short once he started swelling and getting a little frosty

He has since been quarantined under some plastic wrap, I’ve taken some pollen and hit a few lowers on the current flowering girls

Speaking of flowering girls, here’s yet another AlphaDawg clone fading and getting ready to chop. She’s from bagseed, but what any easy cloning happy growing plant.

And here is @DougDawson 's BOG SOUR GRAPE just a few days before chop

She smelled amazing at the end of flower, but quite discreet. Deep earthy grapey wine smells curing in the Grove bag now.

And a few shots of @Mithridate’s BOG SOUR STRAWBERRY

This girl had some awesomely sweet fruity smells through veg, a bit more muted towards the end maybe.

Now on to some GOGxC99 from @iamyou_youareme
These girls smell great, similar but each with a slightly different bud structure. They were both hit with pollen from 2 different JackHerer males from @AzSeaindooin420. Yet another cross I can’t wait to try.

And now a shot from around a week ago, just before removing the male BB3. I’ve got a bagseed BlueBerry Cookies to try out, my AlphaDawg/JackHerer cross, along with yet another AlphaDawg in with the BOGBUBBLE

@Tracker 's GenieJuice right before taking a clone, she looks nice and slender and delicate

Getting consistent root growth on all of the clones now in my cheap bubbling water cloner

The BOGBUBBLE is getting close, only a few weeks now until the chop. Starting to frost up. Seeded lowers swelling.

Obligatory veg shot. I’ve got 2x @Tracker Jack’s Kitchen going along with the GenieJuice. Several clones and a few new seedlings now have the veg tent pretty maxed out

I’ve since jammed another AD clone and 2 of my BOG SGxSSb seedlings in there. The seeds soaked for 4 days without cracking, I finally had to gently pop them both with my teeth. Not much to show, but one of them has trichs on its baby leaves, so I’ve got high hopes!

Waiting another few weeks before getting into the curing BOG and other stuff, but I had a bowl of the deseeded SourGrape today and it was quite flavorful already. Tasty deep earthy grape with and a nice mellow stone. All caught up now, thanks for stopping by!

9 Likes

Thanks for the updates!

1 Like

Those bubbles are looking beautiful!

1 Like

Beautiful buddage! It looks like you keep them happy. lol

1 Like

You have a beautiful garden going there bud, thanks for the updates. Very impressive :v:

1 Like