Greener grass ? Help me design this grow room!

Thought forwarding

Should I paint the floor and walls white after I deep clean unit

3 Likes

There are a few ways I used over the years. Poly Batting, pulled over stove pipe fittings, or just staple a piece over the passive vent, you can also fit a register cover.
image then cover with nylon or Poly Batting. I change those out as they get dirty.
Another light leak damn, is to make a 3 sided cover from rigid back foam, the 3 sides set how far away the cover off sets the passive vent, 1" or 2" (inches) tall, as long or wide as the vent, then make a top to tape over the passive and one side the bottom is open for air flow. I always extent the cover a few inches past the passive opening to keep light out.
Mars lights I know nothing of, I see them used all over, but Iā€™m ignorant of their particular coverage or heat out put. I use a crappy light meter to see where my glow is at. Veg plants are very forgiving. Myself, I prefer to use enough light to keep them happy, same with food, to aid time my perpetual cycle. T5ā€™s are an excellent light source for smaller areas, IMHO.

1 Like

looks like you could also just keep that whole room dark. then you dont even need to worry about light leaks.

1 Like

Iā€™d use 4" passive vents myself, do 3, and once your extractor fan, is pulling out, that is when Iā€™d sit in my room and burn punk, to watch the smoke path. Even in my small box grows, Iā€™d cut a hole, tape glass over it, to watch the punk smoke extraction path.

White paint for me is better than Panda, and I love Panda, or silver insulation as that has become very expensive. I use a cheapo latex, myself.

Many many ways, to crack this nut!
Iā€™ll rummage around in my pics to see if I can find something to just help with ideas. Iā€™ve made some weird shit over my 21 years of indoor growing. NOT PRETTY, functional.

1 Like

Gut room. All shelves and tables. Bleach clean everything good. Hang lights and fans. Exhauast through holes you showed. If you need to feed air in you can use one of them for that. Im not a fan of co2 but it is pretty much a perfect room for it. Id use that whole space as just a flower room. Hps cooled hoods im not sure the exact dimensions but think 2-3,600w hps. Those walls are like acrovyn. Hospital like plastic theyll be perfect reflection cleaned up and theyre easy to reclean with bleach. Did you say floor is heated? If so just make sure dont get too warm. Thatll cause issues too.

1 Like

Thanks for all the ideas I am gonna do one last tent grow to pass the time of setting up the room and try to get in there in dec .

1 Like

That last photo gives me much better interpretation of the space!!
I was going to mention that it would be some indoor growers dream box!!! Even more so now!

Alot of potential and I think you will be happy no matter what you do and have many options .

Interesting to see the ideas coming across.

Good luck!

1 Like

Havenā€™t read everyoneā€™s posts yet but I would install an 8 in dimmable duct fan blowing air out at the top and a fan blowing air in at the botto. Fae (fresh air exchange is very important) good luck Iā€™ll be watching

1 Like

Thanks man I appretiate it !! I saw this and was like ā€¦.oh shit donā€™t do this to me :crazy_face:

Honestly Iā€™m only about two runs and fifteen plants in my journey so updating to a room has more perks but also more dialing in and learning !

1 Like

Thanks for the input core !
Well donā€™t hold your breath Iā€™m planning December gonna do one last tent grow for now and clean up that room to pass the time with the other 1,00000 things I have to door

Perks of being a new home owner lol

Have a good day brother

2 Likes

Digging the detailed description!

Yes the floor is radiant heat but only plan to have it turned up to about fifty and have the plants set off floor a little bit Iā€™m have a fce3000 3x3 coverage so if I buy another one Iā€™m gonna just use two ā€¦thinking about cutting down the room to a 6x6 room for flower then maybe 4x6 veg room okay maybe a little bigger room for flower :crazy_face:

1 Like

Side thought wonder what my power bill is gonna look like :crazy_face:

I know it was a damn $424 deposit transfer the power in my name ā€œcommercial propertyā€

I was thinking lady I can make it a commercial property but I just want it to be known as my garage :expressionless:

3 Likes

One of the reasons I use Vortex, (not slagging any other fan) I would see them out in industry for various reasons. Printing has a lot of uses for them. They do not use up a lot of energy, LEDā€™s tiny, T5ā€™s tiny, oscillators a bit more juice, should be small costs for juice.
After talking with a couple of maintenance dogs, at 2 different print houses, they told me how well made they are.
My 6" Iā€™ve taken apart, cleaned up all the internal bits, rubricated the bearings, and put them right back into the fight.
Same with filter media, sure you can run them, cover the media with dirt and debris, chuck the carbon out and buy new. OR, you can simply use some compressed air, and blow the dirt off the carbon pellets, without removing any of it. Reseal it, and back into the fight it goes for another 10+ years.
I have used a 4" during a 6" maintenance removal. I sucked in the sides of a pair of 4ā€™x4ā€™ tents, that was plumbed to a 4ā€™ x 8ā€™ x 7 tent also.
Pulling air moves TONS more air than pushing air will.
I love all the possibilities you have with that area. Taking a knee to think about your plan is golden.
Rattle my cage if you need anything I can help with. I only pull/offer from what I did or have done, in my ever changing grow area.
You got some great ideas from these other growers, hell, Iā€™m scanning always looking for pieces of gold information.
best yo ya!! webe

2 Likes

Iā€™ll keep you in mind brother !

Donā€™t knock it! I actually cut a channel in my basement floor to guide water to sump pump #2ā€¦ looks just like that, and keeps 2/3 of my basement with a dry floor when I get water down there (much better than 12" of water we got when I was a kid, 2nd sump pump did wonders)

1 Like

Easy fix, send dryer vent hose thru holes, black hose is even better than silver. Just put a curve or two shaped like a C or S. I would do a C facing down, it pulls in cooler air from near floor,and dumps it in room near floorā€¦

2 Likes

Good read. Full of info and options.

Iā€™m forced to run sealed AC to control temps, which requires supplemental,Co2 to maintain ppm above 400. Also have intake/exhaust venting available as needed.

3 Likes

Idk if anybody is still following this ā€¦ā€¦
But another question light distance for my light says 16ā€ so how am I suppose to pull this off with a eight foot ceiling

Building a table would restrict air flow from underneath correct

Whatā€™s my other option ?

1 Like

The ratchet hangers that @Neb posted work for me. My ladies are on the floor, and 7ā€™ ceiling in my basement.

1 Like