Greenhighlander grows

The #9 sounds right up my alley. I just chopped some Headbangers, been trimming them the last few days and they definitely have a very Sour Diesel-esque aroma going on. Haven’t smoked any yet, but I’m pretty stoked about them. The way they smell, anyway. Trimming them has been a serious pain in the ass.

How come you can’t run it again? You didn’t take clones of any of these? For some reason, I was under the impression that you did.

7 Likes

Nah man no cuts because I really had no idea what to expect. Certainly wasn’t expecting what I have found thats for sure.
There is only two other times I have found the same thing twice from seeds. Misty from Nirvana and c99 from peakseedsbc . I hope these Wolfpack F2 somehow end up being time number 3 because that #9 is amazing !!!

7 Likes

Ah, okay. Well, you still have a bunch of these seeds, don’t you? Probably a decent chance you could find a similar pheno if you run enough. You probably wouldn’t even have to run that many. Haven’t you already found a couple plants like this, with the Sour Diesel smell/flavor and the nice, up-but-not-racy high?

7 Likes

I already found one that was like sour diesel. But certainly not on the level #9 is . As for how many seeds I need to pop to find it I have no idea and neither does anyone else lol There is only one way to findout

10 Likes

Smell : Burnt rubber , fuel , chem . Very strong smelling

Taste : Chem cleaner

Effect : Another creeper . Both a clear headed energetic and very relaxing sleepy effect. You can feel the two fighting each other and I don’t like it. Very potent and long lasting.

Jar Appeal : 4/10

Nothing about this one makes me want to run it again .

16 Likes

Finally got around to transplanting the starving runt mutant Wolfpack F2 that was popped at the same time as the batch I just harvested. She also got a good thinning and will be happy to have new shoes and some real light.

18 Likes

Looks like the two sour phenos you’ve reviewed so far have very similar look in flower and dried:

#17 at harvest Greenhighlander grows - #170 by anon60559124
#17 in jars Greenhighlander grows - #293 by anon60559124

and

#9 at harvest Greenhighlander grows - #208 by anon60559124
#9 in jars Greenhighlander grows - #331 by anon60559124

Seem to have the same big calyxes. Do you have any other sour phenos waiting to be reviewed? I’m curious if big calyx = sour for all of them.

10 Likes

Big fugly #19 is still to come. It looked a lot different then the other big calyx but its calyx were huge.

8 Likes

I feel like those big calyxes are definitely a “sour” trait. It’s definitely a trait of Sour Diesel and one of the things I’ve been noticing about those Headbangers I’ve been trimming the past few days (they do not have big calyxes haha).

6 Likes

Man, you really got it dialed in! Some of those pics nearly made my eyes have a heart attack! Monstrously good thread!

7 Likes

I agree
Ghl you did an amazing job on these Wolfpack.
Your reports have moved them up on my run next list and I’m excited to pop them and get some going.

Hopefully they turn out even half as good as yours
Thanks for sharing them

6 Likes

Smell : Very light chem smell . Even squishing or busting up a bud doesn’t bring out anymore of a smell.

Taste : Chem cleaner , with a touch of soapy.

Effect : All head effect other then a feeling of ease. Very clear headed and focused . Very functional and long lasting but not very potent compared to the others .

Jar Appeal : 7/10

This would be a good smoke if someone wasn’t looking to get completely ripped . Wouldn’t run again as there isn’t anything that stands out to make up for its lack of potency .

13 Likes

I am also going to do #19 as #10 has left me feeling like I haven’t smoked anything today.

Smell : Crisp clean chem with a touch of skunk

Taste : ABSOLUTELY AMAZING lol This one tastes like a sour candy and is unbelievably delicious. The taste lingers long after smoking.

Effect : Very potent . Hits fast but the full effect creeps up on ya. Great feel good up effect that makes it hard not to grin . It is also relaxing without a tired feeling. Just gets rid of any tension and makes you want to do things. Very stoney , functional , and long lasting.

Jar Appeal : 7/10 Very frosty big calyx but nothing that resembles a solid bud.

Another one I really wish I could run again. Funny how opinions change about a plant after smoking it . Ol fugly #19 sure ain’t messing around in the smoke department . She is incredible

18 Likes

#9 and #19 are the two main standouts so far and I would peg both as being of keeper quality.

8 Likes

Looks like you were a little over trimming by the time you got to #19 haha! That one sounds real good, though.

5 Likes

LMAO seriously dude fuck off with your leaf comments . I only wish I could grow to your standards lol

9 Likes

For the record I say that because I have zero doubt if you and I burned one of this " leafy " weed you would also be saying " fuck that leaf shit " holy fuck I am high AF " , as you were passing it back the first time lol
I ain’t no light weight or in experienced when it comes to good weed and when I say something is good I promise you it is. And just like in my cash cropping days the quality speaks for itself and people very quickly stfu about my " lazy " trimming and sit on their cash waiting for my harvests instead .
So I didn’t overly give a fuck then , now that i grow for me and those I give my extra to for free , I certainly don’t give a flying fuck now about a couple leaves.
The smoke speaks for itself and sadly , as I have pointed out , I cannot prove it first hand with you all. All I can do is tell the many people who got these seeds to plant and grow them , because that is why I gave them all away . The other thing I would like to say even though I know it doesn’t mean shit , but if anyone uses any of what they may find for breeding purposes to please not use it to make a buck and instead do it to spread the love.

14 Likes

@anon60559124 I had to laugh at your comments because the only comment I remember of @minitiger was when he told Nube in his Pura Vida thread that his plants were leafy too. Hahaha dude seems to hold a grudge against sugar leaves lol. Show us on the doll where the sugar leaf touched you @minitiger

11 Likes

Aw, dude, I’m not giving you shit haha! I’m about to trim my last plant and I’m fucking OVER it. Especially those Headbangers, they were a serious pain in the ass to trim; they each took about six hours. I can always tell which plants were the last to get trimmed when I start cracking jars because there’s always a fair amount of leaf on the nugs haha.

8 Likes

lol silly shit! We’re all in agreement - trim jail sucks, but it’s worth it in the end. :wink:

I trim each pheno a little different. Some I do a tight manicure cuz they need it, others don’t look right if you trim too tight.

9 Likes