Greenhighlander grows

Ya man I grow weed to alleviate stress , not cause more lol

7 Likes

Ok so sometimes I do like trying to figure things out lol That weird calyx on #5 that doesn’t quite look like a pollinated one ,made me take her out this am for a very good inspection .

I went over the entire plant from top to bottom . Sadly I could not seem to find the same one in the previous picture .
But I did find these 3 on it . Right click and choose open in new tab to be able to zoom in .

So I recalled seeing this a few years ago . At that time I thought they were male flowers sporting hairs but they weren’t . It also wasn’t a young seed . They just seemed to be trich free calyx . I also do not believe that these on #5 are young seeds . I am not seeing it on any of the other plants at all.

I had to haul out #6 and a Strawberry Headband to get to #5 so I took a couple pics .

#6 is obviously overfed , so that just shows you the variation between these phenos even more when 3 others the same mix wasn’t strong enough for .

And one of the SH cuts that needs her lowers trimmed but won’t get it lol

12 Likes

I don’t see it in your latest 3 pics, but I think I know what you’re talking about. I had something like that on one of my @Strayfox testers last year:

Ended up staying that way all the way to harvest. I thought it was a nanner or a seed at first, but it was just mutant growth. The DS produced a lot of cojoined twin seeds, so maybe they’re just clownin you. Probably no chance it’s already a seed from this round of pollination.

Either way, nice pics. :slight_smile: Plants looking good. You gonna say which clone that was?

7 Likes

I don’t see what you’re talking about re: a trich-free calyx on the #5. But you know what looks really cool? That first closeup pic of the #5, with that out of focus leaf in the foreground and those trichomes that look like they’re just kinda floating on the leaf or something. Very cool.

2 Likes

Trust me all 3 of those pics have it . The first two are blurry but the last one clearly shows it without needing to zoom in .
The first pic if you zoom in you can make it out in the dead center . Just above the leaf minitiger is talking about .
The last pic it is dead center on the top of the bud right by the red hair.
Anyway I am sure that it is not a seed , just an example of the wonder of this plant lol
I am also not convinced my Wolfpack pollen is viable as I am not really seeing any signs of it taking on any of the branches I dusted . So that kinda sucks .

The cut is of #6

5 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:quilty :seedling: :blossom: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :seedling:

6 Likes

Sorry to hijack, but have you seen good results from using this to keep your ladies going down the stretch? Last round I switched to organic soil with dry amendments, but need something for a quick boost as I run down the home stretch of flowering.

4 Likes

No apologies needed . Anyone who has any question is more then welcome to post it :slight_smile:

I am guessing you are asking about the Neptunes ?

I do find it works better for me then top dressing does . Even though it is 100% organic and such I will not use past week 6 . I have never used it at more then 2 tbs per gal but I do plan on doing 3 tbs per gal on the next feeding for DS F2 #4 and #2 .
They make another one specifically for tomatoes that I think might be even better for weed plants but I have never seen it at the store I buy from.

You also just gave me an idea I have been curious about for a while now. On the next flowering run I am going to only give one plant Neptunes the whole time .

4 Likes

Sweet, I’ll be following your experiment for sure! With liquid organic fertilizer do you pH your solution?

3 Likes

I don’t PH anything ever

6 Likes

You don’t ph anything? Ever? pH perfect nutes? Whaaaat?

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

10 Likes

I just count on what is in my soil to make things right . For the most part it seems to work lol

5 Likes

You mix your own soil? Do you use RO water? That’s remarkable. Sounds like I need to learn something here.

image|nullxnull

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

4 Likes

I do mix my own soil and no I just use fairly hard well water . The solids build up from that is one of the reasons I do not reuse my soil .
The pro mix I use as a base , like most potting soil has a ph buffer , usually Lyme , plus I add a good amount of crushed oyster shells . My well water other then being a high ppm is usually in the 6.6-6.8 ph range .

5 Likes

I just feel like my supersoil should last a bit longer. It seems like the plants kick butt for a couple weeks, and then slow down (1 gal pot). I’m adding in coconut water, kelp sludge, and ffj (after I make some) to my routine.

I’ve switched over to ro water myself. I believe I was getting some high ph from high ph tap water.

I’m seeing some of the same stuff, which makes me believe the extra nutes may help.

4 Likes

And… (sitting on oyster shells)

3 Likes

The problem with RO is the need to then make sure the plants get all the minerals and such that it removes .
With premixed water only soil pot size is very very important. Bigger is always better . That is why I will be moving to 10gal next indoor season .

6 Likes

Also just want to add that with premixed soil it is very rare to have all plants find it perfect the first round or two .
But I believe bigger pots is the answer to make more food available to them without having the mix too hot .

7 Likes

I add a good mix that should contain everything the plants will need.

I have been toying with the idea of flowering jn larger pots. 3s have been working great, but both harvests have been relatively small plants also.

4 Likes

I normally get just a little tip brun at first. I’ve only had one strain really get pissed for awhile.

2 Likes