Greenhighlander grows

I spent a ridiculously infuriating amount of time trying to fix the camera. Have had it as far apart as is possible and nothing checked out . There has also been a small amount of some type of oil or lube leaking from the dial that you choose the setting from , for quite sometime now . I am guessing that has something to do with it .
As for using my cell phone I have not had one since the galaxy s5 was all the rage lol I don’t get cell service where I live and that is why I bought this camera used when my old one died .

I will still try to do my best to describe any smells from the DS F2 . #3 had none and #2 had a weird BO type smell . I haven’t chopped #5 yet but it has a very interesting almost lime mixed with old school skunk thing happening . Anyway I will post when each of the remaining plants is chopped. Once the tent is empty I will be switching to my lights being on during the night in the hopes of helping keep the temps down on the next cycle.
I am also going to try to find even a decent point and shoot camera for now. I am also sad to announce that it does very much look like the wolfpack pollen did not take . If I ever try to keep some pollen again it will be going into the freezer until being used.

11 Likes

I may have a line on a camera for you if you’re not extremely picky. Leme know.

Peace…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

7 Likes

That’s what my thought was too. Shutter sticking. I’d try a thump. What model is your camera @Greenhighlander ? It a nikon dslr? I had a nikon that had a shutter blade stick like that. It was forever ago, but I remember the images being partially blocked out.

5 Likes

I’m gonna be a getting a new camera in the next couple months. The one I use now is my girl’s camera, but if she’s cool with it, I can just send you the old one. I’m about to give her ten grand for the new Tesla she’s buying, so I think she’ll probably be cool with me sending you a camera.

10 Likes

The camera is a canon rebel xs that I bought used a few years ago . It has now been smashed and tossed in the garbage .
Thank you for the camera offers . I will have to think about it as I am not big on being indebted to people . I also will most likely find something used for cheep on kijiji eventually .

Really wish the damn thing could of waited a week until the current crop was harvested FFS lol

10 Likes

At day 60 from flip the remaining DS F2 all look done like diner and after scoping them, all 4 are also showing far more amber trichs then I usually wait for . I would say they are showing at least 30-40% amber .

I will do my best on the smells but they have some very interesting and complex terps happening .

Everything about the look of this one screams Afghani . It stretched slightly more then #6 but not as much as #3 . but also put out much more and longer branches then #6 and #3 . It put on its bulk very fast and looked very much ready for chop at day 42 from flip . It has very solid full buds and I will not be surprised if it yields the most . It is the only one that shows no coloring other then a slight yellowing over the past few days. It has a very strong and complex classic weed smell again very Afghani like .

This one was the frostiest of the bunch. It stayed the shortest with the least side branching . Buds are very dense . Some purpling on the tops . Most likely will yield the least. Has a very greasy stinky weed smell . It reminds me a lot of trainwreck that I use to get in salmon cans in Alberta around 2008-2009 ish.

This one is very LA con like in plant and bud structure as well as smell . It smells identical . It was the third tallest with very good and strong branching that made for quite a large plant with an even top canopy . It showed lots of coloring and is currently sporting an impressive amount of purples , reds , yellows , and greens . Rock hard golf ball type buds.

I hope this one smokes as good as it looks . It has been my favorite since early in flowering. It and #2 were the tallest and reached identical heights. It had extensive branching and is another real looker with an incredible display of colors. Very nice plant and flower structure with the buds being very solid . Has an incredible fruity/berry type smell with some real greasy funk mixed in .

From what I have seen #1 has the best shot of flowering outdoors here. It started flowering a number of days early then the others and has the right flower structure and plant structure, so I am going to give one of the cuts a shot this year.

As for Koko and the SH , Koko has more then reminded me why I love her so much . She is beautiful with her usual finishing colors , is ridiculously sticky and stinky , and the 2 that vegged the longest are going to out yield the rest of the tent by a lot. I won’t be shocked at all if they are pushing 1/2lb plants .

As for SH I am still undecided if I will keep it around or not. Waiting on the smoke as its been awhile , to make the decision .
I also should very much have a camera in time for the DS F2 smoke reports.

10 Likes

I don’t think anyone is going to consider you in debt over the camera bro. I think we enjoy your thread and want to keep following. It’s a great and generous forum.

I for one was pretty upset when you left OG for a bit. You have mad skills, and a great thread.

11 Likes

Yeah, I definitely wasn’t gonna be like,”Godddamnit, I gave Greenhighlander that camera, now he owes me BIG-time…” haha. Once I get my new camera, the old one’s just gonna be sitting around. I’d rather someone use it.

Anyway, nice report, @Greenhighlander. I’ve already decided on fifteen of the seeds I’m gonna pop May 1, but I have three spots left open. I think you’ve convinced me to plant three of the DS f2’s…

6 Likes

I didn’t mean it like I thought you folks would feel that way . I know none of you offered your help so that you could say I owe you . I feel that way . The life I have lived has taught me many times over to think like that and some habits don’t need to be broken . I most certainly appreciate the kindness and generosity. I just prefer not feeling like I owe anyone anything .

Anyway a new camera is being bought today and I should have it sometime next week .

8 Likes

Just wanted to say I spent most of the morning going through this thread, from the very beginning. I thoroughly enjoyed it and wanted to say a personal thank you @Greenhighlander

Glad you got the camera coming in, was going to offer to send you a nice one and ship it xpress so you would have it in time for harvest. Offer is still there if you need it, thanks again for the detail and effort you put into this.

Wish you the best in your health and your grows.

9 Likes

You are very welcome . Always happy to here what I post is enjoyable and/or useful to folks.

I am now starting the only downside to my lazy method of growing . The mixing of my soil one 7 gal pot at a time lol I think I have 6 Granola Funk x Goji , 6 cuts of each of the DS F2 I just ran , and 4 Wolfpack F2 to now up pot . I have tried mixing more then a pots worth at a time in many ways and amounts , and while it is indeed a time saver I have never found it to be as good for insuring each pot gets what I want it to .

Also crying about this is hilarious even given my current health . What an awfully great problem to have hahaha

10 Likes

Well, transplanting is annoying no matter how you do it. Also exciting, though, cuz it means flower time is right around the corner. I dunno if I’m a slow-ass transplanter or what, but I always have to set aside like five or six hours just to transplant eight or nine plants haha.

I didn’t realize you mixed each individual pot, though. That’s pretty cool, actually. If I wasn’t so lazy, I might do that, too. Might try it out anyway.

6 Likes

Trimmed up DS F2 #3 . It smells just like citronella oil with just a touch of skunk funk .

5 Likes

Day 63 from flip for the last plant ( Koko ) to be chopped and the first pictures with the new camera . Gonna take me awhile to get it set up right .

Uploading: IMG_1896.JPG…
Uploading: IMG_1884.JPG…

Gotta like getting logged out just about every single time I try to make a post with photos on this site. Yes there were two more pictures and this time I am saying fuck it and not reuploading . What an annoying pain in the ass

18 Likes

It’s alright, we still get the idea. Koko looking real fucking good.

You don’t top your plants, huh? You just let them grow as-is? I always wanna do that, grow them un-topped, but I never do. The one time I did was when I was testing for Bodhi and those plants yielded horribly. I don’t think it had anything to do with not topping them, it was definitely the genetics. But ever since then, not topping kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

7 Likes

I don’t top my plants on the first run , especially from seed. Unless of course I was advised otherwise like with the DS F2 .
I like to see them in their natural state and make my topping/training , etc decisions based on that .
That Koko is a clone that was topped many times and tortured before going into the big tent. I cut those cuts last August lol

And yes she did throw her usual nanners because I let her get too dry lol I really wish I could gift a cut of her to folks so they could experience her themselves and know I am not talking out my ass about her. It is better in , smell ,taste , and effect then anything I have ever smoked that was called GG#4 by a lot . And a few of those were good enough to make me choose these testers over many others in the hopes of finding exactly what I did .

23 Likes

Calendar quality!! :sunglasses: :+1:

Great work!

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Having the pleasure of seeing the photos and reading your descriptions makes me feel like I have experienced it.

Magnificent photos by the way, not sure why but for some reason they make me feel very comfortable and give me the feeling of being right at home.:slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Absolutely. Great pics. Glad you got a good camera.
Looking forward to some more.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

9 Likes

One of the shots of Koko that didn’t upload yesterday

DS F2 #2

25 Likes