Greenhighlander grows

Can we please not get the thread way off topic with random chit chat. It is really annoying when trying to scroll through and find stuff .

4 Likes

Haha, that’s the kind of high that I chase. I feel like if I can “get outside” myself, then I have realizations and thoughts that I don’t normally have. But hey, different strokes and all…

Good to know, I personally don’t think genetic drift or whatever is a thing. I think if your clones are taken in good conditions and kept virus and disease free, then they’ll perform like they always have. I was mainly just surprised at how much one little OD of N stunted her so badly, but plants are weird and if you don’t make 'em happy when they’re starting to stack those buds, I guess they’ll let you know.

4 Likes

With all love and kindness of course lol

3 Likes

Kinda slightly ignore this lol I am just in a bad mood today .

3 Likes

Genetic drift is def a thing . I have seen it with a few strains over the years with Kali mist being the most obvious and pronounced.
I have also seen strains that the clones are nothing like the seed plant. Which happened with Black Domina in the late 90s.

I am not 100% sure on the N causing this with Koko . It is just that she does look overfed to me. I do know it can’t be genetic drift because it has grown normal in between the times it hasn’t. Now one of the big differences between the two Koko above are that the good looking one from last year was vegged in that pot for a bit before flipping and this runs ones weren’t. That makes me believe that the N could be the issue. Hell maybe it is the combo of that and power outages lol

5 Likes

WP F2 #5 has also been transplanted and put in the flowering tent. It is also surprisingly stinky and has a skunky B/O kinda funk to it.

Both of its lowest branches were tri

13 Likes

Day 34 from flip for the 3 c99 . Had to tie up the first branch on one.

Full tent shot . Will have the empty space filled up today

15 Likes

Just a note on the c99 . The seeds I popped are a couple of years newer then the other ones I have and have grown. I did that because I have heard that MikeJ has worked the c99 line . I have read in a few spots he has worked it to a possible F7. I haven’t talked to him in quite sometime so never did ask .
I can confirm that the one I thought could be pineapple , does indeed now smell like pineapple. Still not getting anything definitive from the other two smell wise .
Anyway I am glad I kept my old seeds to do the pollination run as I believe they have a much wider possible gene pool then these newer worked ones.
As long as I find the rotten meat mid flower , pineapple finisher I will be happy. That is the one when it comes to c99.

10 Likes

Cool to see some peakseeds in here! His c99 seems to be well regarded… I’ve got some of his blueberry and northernberry to try out at some point. He certainly works all his lines!

8 Likes

I have grown most of his catalog and a few things never listed over the years He certainly has some very nice and solid offerings.

8 Likes

Wolfpack F2 #6 . She is also very stinky and also smells of a foul skunky BO mixture.

And after removing the big fan leaves that were blocking lower branches

15 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

Another Koko got the chop today at day 43 .

I spy with my little eye lol

I might also chop the other one today. It looks identical. I can fill the space it makes and maybe get a couple of the mystery beans in there. They are def looking quite unique

13 Likes

So the mystery beans I am referring to are explained in the post quoted . All 4 have turned out to be females. This is them now in desperate need of a transplant and more light lol
The 2 to the right are pretty much identical. The one next to them is much branchier and the first on the left is somehow even lankier then the others and of course has my signature t5 light burn haha . I will def have to keep a close eye on these in the flowering tent.

11 Likes

I chopped the remaining Koko . I haven’t scoped any of these as it doesn’t really matter and I actually can’t find my scope lol

16 Likes

For reference to the 4 mystery gals this is the plant ( Mother’s Milk #31 x PU F3 ) that the 8 total seeds were found in at harvest . And no I don’t recall the exact flowering time on her. I believe it was day 60 or 63 though.

That run was while I was infested with aphids and I believe that was also when Koko did her early and small thing before. With this picture I think being one of them. I always regret not labeling my pictures , yet I still don’t and tell myself it helps exercise my memory lol

19 Likes

Wolfpack F2 #7 with some big ass leaves lol Has a strong generic weed smell

After her pre transplant trim

11 Likes

Wolfpack F2 #8 No strong smell noticed. It was the last to show and last to be topped

Post haircut

11 Likes

This is the veg tent currently. SH , Coywolf and Koko are all in need of transplant . I will also be taking cuts of all 3 to flower out.

The cuts from the 3 c99 and the first 3 Wolfpack F2 . Sorry about it being blurry but I am too lazy to go take again lol

16 Likes

Spent another hour or so going over plants in the flowering tent this am. Thank fuck for glasses or I would be seeing black spots for days lol

Anyway I have gone over Wolfpack F2 #2 very thoroughly yesterday and today looking for male parts. Looking at it I am convinced it has some but I can’t find anything other then weird flower development. I will have to keep keepin a close eye on it.

At day 44 the Coywolf are smelling absolutely incredible. Their branches are officially starting to sag with a ways to go till finished.

One of the lowers

I also went over each Coywolf and noticed this on one of the split stalk tops

And this on another top

The split stalk plant I kinda expected to see. I let her dry right out on purpose to see what would happen. But the one on the other plant who knows. I am not concerned about late nanners especially when I can catch them before opening like those two.
I have been enjoying the outdoor Coywolf so much that the anticipation of smoking her indoor flowers that will actually get to finish , is killing me lol

26 Likes