Greenhighlander grows

The only other recent strain that has done that was the Sweet Skunk from Peakseedsbc . I remember smoking a joint and being like , wtf this shit sucks, smoked another doobie and was like , yup fuck this is shit . Then as I was driving to town I was thinking, I think I got a little high maybe. Got to the grocery store went inside and within a minute or two realized I was really fucking high lol My eyes felt like they were bleeding , it was hard not to perma smile , and talking to people was like I was talking to them but I wasn’t talking to them.
Made me feel like a kid again haha

14 Likes

The Coywolf are officially starting to flop . Gonna have to do some staking

These are the two side by side buds I have been sharing pictures of. They are all the way laid down since yesterday.

A hanging Koko

21 Likes

Haha this always happens to me - lots of classic awkward moments.

6 Likes

Chopped the first Coywolf at day 49 from flip. She isn’t done but I decided to chop one at day 49 ,56 , and 63 , to see the differences.
This is the cut that had the split stalk and is the smallest by a fair amount. It has an incredibly strong orange peel , with more peel then orange , mixed with some type of chem/cleaner kinda thing. It is a nose burner.

Come Mr tally man , tally me banana

Few shots of SH at day 49

23 Likes

Very nice. I’m currently smoking one of those orange peel/cleaner phenos of my wolfpack f2 right now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m noticing some slight tropical notes in the taste (pineapple?) that must be drowned out by the intense orange zest smell.

Curious to see the differences the harvest times make. I feel like I pulled mine too early at week 10.5. Mine could have stalled though from my shitty growing haha. Most of my phenos have little body effects.

7 Likes

The outdoor Coywolf really is delicious and a really great effect. I think I only had a couple out of last years run that could of been considered sleepy weed. Most were a really good feeling , long lasting , potent daytime smoke. I had a few that did work good for pain . Well as far as smoking for pain goes lol Potency and effect are the two things I am happiest about these Wolfpack F2.

I am impressed with the size of these buds for only day 49. I am hoping to find my scope at some point .

7 Likes

Day 43 from flip for the 3 c99

These two are pretty much identical and I do not know if I have ever grown plants that had no smell to them before. I can bury my nose right in the buds and get a whiff of nothing lol Maybe a bit of a peat smell from one.

This is the Pineapple smelling one. It has the pineapple smell but not the same pineapple smell I am looking for.

When I last grew c99 from peak I think it was 4 years ago now. I popped 14 seeds. I ended up with 12 females and each one was slightly different then each other. I narrowed it down to the 2 I shared pictures of here.
At this point I have no doubt that the c99 I am currently running has been worked from what it was 4 years ago. I am actually quite interested to see how it smokes in comparison to before.

23 Likes

They look awesome, though. Maybe the smell will just show up outta the blue like eight weeks into flower. I’ve read about that happening before, where a certain plant just had no smell until, like, 60 days into flower. And then it smelled amazing haha. You never know…

7 Likes

Yeah hopefully some smells come out in the cure at least, even if they are subtle.

Sucks that you didn’t find the pineapple smell you were looking for @Greenhighlander they look amazing though. Hope they give you some nice wake n’ bake sessions :grin:

6 Likes

The last time I ran into the no smell thing was actually with peaks SS and this kinda reminds me of that. To have no smell at all in my experience is very rare. I am wondering if it is something he bred towards. Anyway just glad I have the pre worked seeds to do the seed run with.

7 Likes

I have 13 of the pre worked c99 for the seed run.

13 Likes

If it came from someone who bred it out while growing illegally, maybe… I have no idea how true it is, but I’ve read that Northern Lights was bred to have a very mild smell because legal growing was still a pipe dream at the time it was bred - pun intended. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

It is from someone who bred illegally for well over 20 years. Might even be over 30 years. He has now gone into the legal world. He is one of the best selection breeders going and was always very highly underated.

I couldn’t give a fuck about anything northern lights lol One of the most overated strains ever . Both #2 and #5 .

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know much about him, but those C99 plants definitely got my attention haha. Love that last pic you posted, the closeup, with those super-thin “Sativa” leaves growing outta the flowers.

3 Likes

Day 41 for Wolfpack F2 #2 . It is developing a very intense musk/cologne type smell and is continuing its weird flower development

Another note on the c99 is that all 3 are fairly frosty but the frost isn’t sticky at all. It just feels gritty with no stick whatsoever

17 Likes

Sure looking good maybe the sticky will come later . Cooler temps should bring out the goo.

5 Likes

I wasn’t saying that I thought it was a bad thing . TBH it is kinda nice not getting all sticky handling them like the other plants lol
Was just something I noticed that I can’t recall ever seeing before . I mean they have nice coverage when you zoom in. But ya no sticky lol

17 Likes

Maybe something weird happened when you mixed up the soil for this grow. Got a strange batch of kelp? Or whatever with the inputs? With the C99’s not being stinky and the “unusual” resin profile on that Wolfpack? I’m not criticizing, just thinking out loud. I’d blaze the fuck outta those flowers either way haha. Looks real good to me. Got me eager to flip. Nine more days, nine more days…

7 Likes

No that is not the case IMHO Also I don’t use kelp although it is in the power bloom. The resin profile on the Wolfpack have been all over the place since the first I popped them. Which is exactly what i expected from an open pollination of a poly mashup. I have actually been surprised by the similarities I have seen in a few of them.
What is going on with the c99 is def where ever he took them line wise. I honestly just hope it smokes as sativa as it looks. Especially because the yield is gonna be nice .

7 Likes

That’s interesting. Don’t you have a little dialogue with peak seeds? Could you ask him, like,”What’s the deal with the non-stinky C99’s I’m growing?” Those plants look kick-ass, you’d think they’d be super-loud.

Anyway, I’m just tripping. Literally haha. Ignore this shit. Ate a bunch of shrooms last night, still feeling it today.

5 Likes