Greenhouse pics. Show yours too

Love the roll up sides. Those are SO freaking good for airflow! Did you use wiggle wire to secure the plastic? Looking really nice - great job! :+1:

Edit: Nvm, I see the wiggle wire now. That stuff is so awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks. We also put mesh fencing in the space where the sides role up so nothing can get in while the side are up. Wiggle wire is the shiznit!

3 Likes

I saw the fencing! Great idea! We even run wiggle wire track on the outer hoops to help secure it (windy as fuck here). Are you going to make a light dep system, or just run full season?

Edit: you can also use some fence railing to make a crank to roll up the sides.

1 Like

No light dep. This is my first time growing in a hoop house. Keeping simple is the plan this year. Im a little worried with the summer heat. Going to get a couple fans up in the top part to move that air

2 Likes

Let me know if you are concerned about finishing in time where you are. If so, I have an option or two for getting them to finish before the cold.

Fans are never a bad idea imho - especially to move the upper air around. We had a greenhouse that the sides opened, but the next year we closed the sides and added fans. Took a serious amount of fan power to equal the roll up sides. So long story short, don’t under estimate your roll up sides. They will serve you well imo.

You have a great looking greenhouse. Hope you post up more pictures as the season goes on. :v:

3 Likes

Thanks. Im pretty confident they will finish before its too cold. How come you rolled the sides down?

2 Likes

It gets cold where I am. :wink:

1 Like

Gotcha. Do you do anything to heat it?

1 Like

Yes, we use propane heaters if it gets too cold. Had to heat two 30’ x 80’ hoop houses last Monday. They are not as pretty and sealed off as yours. So we pull the black out tarps, hung rope lights so they would not cue into flower, and ran two propane tank heaters in each greenhouse. Fun times lol.

1 Like

Like the whole fkn planet freedom…

It is exciting though. Gives a different feel to growing. What are your temps like at night?

2 Likes

It sure can be exciting lol. Temps got down to 31f a week ago Monday. It’s looking like we won’t have anything below 40 for a while. How cold is it getting there?

1 Like

Mid 40s has been the coolest. This upcoming week its looking like mid 60s. Pretty nice. I really need to get fans circulating air. I was working in there today and it was warm.

2 Likes