Question for you masters

About to finish up with this run. I’ve noticed a significant difference in my plants colors between the two. One looks like a cover plant. Looks glorious and the best I’ve ever done. The other looks behind and not as rich in color and the flowers seems a little underdeveloped compared. Everything between the two is exactly the same same pot same dirt, same water same light schedule same everything same nutrients both from seed just the significant difference. I’m not quite sure and I’m looking for some answers that maybe you guys have or maybe I did something wrong or it’s just genetics I don’t know. Thanks guys I’ll post pictures in the coming.

25 Likes

Probably just genetics.

8 Likes

You didn’t mention which strain. Most beans you can buy, especially the strains that have really been hyped up, are polyhybrids. Having two grow exactly the same is fairly rare, depending on what was bred to create the seeds you’re growing.

9 Likes

Cannabis is kinda like humans and what I mean is this, You & your siblings come from the same two parents, and everyone can tell that your all related based on looks alone, however everyone has their own identity & trates that set them apart from eachother.

Cannabis works the same in general, Same parents, same food, same home, same everything, yet have different results in the end due to genitcs diversity. Whice is a FABULOUS thing.

When plants are IBL or F5+ you start to get Identical looks, smelling, tasteing plants, In general. This is why people “hunt” through a Batch of seeds to find that “Golden child” or (phenotype) then work hard to keep the favorite genitc trates in future projects.

Your plants look great by the way.

20 Likes

Snow Thrower and I won these in a giveaway. I was more worried about the significant difference in colors. I still have a week+ on these ladies.

3 Likes

They’re supposed to be stable according to the breeder, but they’re definitely polyhybrid. I’d say what you’re seeing is normal.

3 Likes

no two cannabis plants will ever be the ‘same’; just like no two humans are the same. identical twins have separate identities. don’t ask me about clones :wink:

phenotypic variation in my eyes. fyi they look gorgeous and grown with care! well done. you should be content with both of them. very fine ladies. :grin:

8 Likes

Thank you. I am happy to hear positive feedback on my grow. Thank you for making my day.

4 Likes

Just phenotypic expression. Don’t trip. :+1::+1:

6 Likes

You seem to really get the hang of it. As it was said before, you will get multiple different types of phenotypes of the same cultivars and it’s due to the dna recombining into different setup. Think of multiple houses built with lego, each house is the exact same building blocks, but the color of the building blocks is different. That makes the houses to look different, but will is built the same.

Also, small constructive things I spotted is that you have burnt leaf tips(I got that too sometimes) and it’s due to over fertilisation. You also got some bleaching in the very top leafs which is a sign that your lights are too close, or to bright. It looks really good though, that’s just small things I noticed.

Good work :fire::metal:t2:

Pz :v:t2:

7 Likes

sometimes I’ll see variation in the same plant(cuts) based upon where they are under the light how well they rooted all manner of factors.

6 Likes

Yea I was concerned about the tips and I appreciate that feedback. It perplexed me throughout b/c I am pretty precise when feeding and what I give to them. I messed up by letting them veg too long and then not correcting for the stretch, and boy did they stretch. I was able to come here and receive guidance about super cropping. Was new to me, but worked out and I prob could have tied them back a little better. Next run of these clones is set to flower in a month, so I hopefully learned from this batch. Anyways I always appreciate feedback and love to hear so i can get better each grow. Thanks!

2 Likes

@SirFur when I get burnt tips it’s usually because I run full strength nutes for to long. There is plants you can blast forever and they show no signs, but most of plants want a lighter feed deep into flowering, especially N. Which is why there is so many companies that have extra PK bottles. The idea is to dial back on the N while keep the PK the same. This is something that is plant to plant based and it take a couple of days for plants to show the first signs of over feeding and by then you can’t really correct it to the extent you want. Which is why I don’t really care too much about this. But if you have a favorite clone you really want to Dial in, you can keep a feeding chart and adjust it fram grow to grow.

Yeah, I grow in a super constricted space so I really know what you are talking about… Just hoping that the stretch will stop ASAP! While the plant is stretching, if you turn down the dimmer, the plant will stretch even more. So my suggestion is to wait until stretching is start to slow down and then dimming 5-10% while keeping an eye on new growth closes to the light is a good way to find the balance. New growth is more sensitive to light bleaching then old established growth.

Hope I could give you any ideas for the future and I want to say yet again that you have done a good job and should be proud of yourself for how far you have come with your home growing.

Pz :v:t2:

4 Likes

Just the generic lottery playing around

These two are from the same parents, wide variation in F1s.

Ok is a bit hard to see the rear plant but she’s completely green, no early purple like her sister.

Little easier to see the difference from this angle

3 Likes

And you both ate nachos & drank soda but only one figured out how to grow weed.

:joy:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Nothing looks wrong to me

It was me. I was the nacho kid.

4 Likes

Topped with your fancy moon cheese

2 Likes

I worked in a movie theatre so I had an unlimited supply.

2 Likes

Did they use real butter on the popcorn or that shit butter?

Snow thrower from @santero ?

3 Likes