Grey squirrel infestation

Helps with seasonal allergies :+1:

1 Like

Exactly, I recommended it all the time.
Works wonders for inflammation and acne too, my skin always improves when I drink nettle tea.

2 Likes

15 Likes

Get a little mountain Feist! I had one as a boy and we hunted many a squirrel over the years. She hated squirrel

1 Like

If your going to kill them, then I highly recommend cooking them up! Grey squirrels are honestly one of my favorite game meat :drooling_face:

More than one way to skin a squirrel

6 Likes
  • 2-3 squirrels
  • 2 cups stock
  • 4 tbsp bacon fat
  • 2-3 onions, sliced very thin
  • 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp rosemary
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1/2 cup Madeira
  • 3/4 cup tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
  • 1 cup lima beans , or other broad bean
  • 1 cup corn
  • 1 cup cut okra, optional - I couldn’t get any
  • bread crumbs
  • chopped parsley
  1. Place whole squirrels in a dutch oven with 2 cups stock. Braise the squirrel meat, covered for about 30 minutes until tender.
  2. Remove the squirrels and stock to a separate container to cool. Debone the squirrels when they’re cool enough to handle, and add the meat into the stock. Reserve it all for adding back into the dutch oven later.
  3. Add 4 tablespoons of bacon drippings to the empty dutch oven, and fry the onions until browned.
  4. Add in chopped garlic and fry for another minute.
  5. Pour the stock and squirrel meat into the hot dutch oven to deglaze the pan.
  6. Add in all the remaining ingredients including spices and vegetables. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
  7. At this point, serve immediately or add a few handfuls of fresh breadcrumbs to help thicken the soup a bit, along with fresh parsley if desired. If adding breadcrumbs, simmer for another 10 minutes before serving.
15 Likes

Only thing I can say for racoons is they will eat any chunk mouse bait you put out for fun, doesn’t kill them… But if you go online and get Golden Marlin fly bait granules and put that in a little bowl where racoons go, you’ll soon have no racoons

Yea I haven’t gotten fancy with my cooing at all lol. Found this one and really like it. But I’m usually leaning towards the easier/lazier method I posted above lol.

1 Like

My mother just catches them in traps then gives them “free swimming lessons” while still in the trap.

3 Likes

They ate my tomatoes and hot peppers. I’m sure it burns.

I dunno about squirrels… but to keep rats and mice away from my parked project cars n shit, ill put some of my cats piss n shit in yogurt containers and leave it under the hood. Since doing this I no longer have evidence if them crawling on my engines. Best I figure is they smell predator piss and steer clear. It might work for squirrels?

7 Likes

You need to get one or more of the Squirrelinator 2000’s.
I’ve got 4 of em.

I have pecan trees all over the property.

Between the 4 Squirrelinators and the 2 Dogs the Squirrels do their best to rob an occasional pecan tree. The cats are Tree Cats and have chased and humanely disposed of squirrels on occasion when they try to hide in trees.

And this is all Natrually Organic :call_me_hand:

17 Likes

I remember them swimming in my potted stuff and large wooden planter. They loved the potting soil. It was nice and soft and they would literally treat it like water.

I’m lucky here. I have one or two squirrels and I had a Rock squirrel but stray cats have taken up residence around my property and I haven’t seen it for a while. No mice either or field rats anymore either.

You should see the moles I have though… :roll_eyes: at least they stay underground and the cats love catching them, too.

1 Like

Try some of this stuff.I had the little fuckers dig through everyone of my smart pots and my replants into my ground plots.You have to keep up on sprays after it rains but I don’t have little shit heads running around burying peanuts in my plants anymore.Seriously I found 4 shelled peanuts they robbed from my neighbors feeder .Just checked and not a single hole dug .I’m going to try and make my own this shit is mostly peppermint oil and some laurel oil I imagine thr essential oils are pretty cheap just spray it around not on the plants it burns young leaves like a mofo .

2 Likes

Used cat litter works wonders.

3 Likes

I agree. They are cautious animals.

Human hair or dog hair works well and are really high in nitrogen.

Growing up we used a cacao shell mulch. It kept the rabbits, chipmunks and squirrels out. We did NOT have a dog at the time.

1 Like

Visual aid of my working routine:

6 Likes

Everyone looks at me like I’m crazy when I say that lol. Atleast someone else knows too

3 Likes

I wanna try that out first, so what I do sprinkle some on top of of the soil?

1 Like

I had one set up in my back garage which is basically a big shed. The fuckers chew everything, why the middle of a 12’ 2x4? Ruined a brand new swinging bench, chewed up the canvas. We have oak trees everywhere in the neighbourhood and the phone company says they have more repairs here than every other part of the city due to the squirrels chewing the wire. So I decided to shoot the one in the shed, rattling around stuff to smoke him out. Standing at one end I saw him stick the front part of his body out from two boxes. I thought to myself, “Sure, he has enough time to run away before I reach him, but he really does not know how a pellet gun operates.” Dumb fucker.

So I shot him. I look, fuck I missed him! Eyes are getting old. Then I see him sort of fall out. Not being one that takes to torturing animals I shot him again. Still alive, put another round in him. This time he falls. But then his hind leg catches a string and he is hanging upside down. OK, one more time. This time he falls. But usually they are good at hiding and won’t stick their heads out. And who has the time to sit there? I did get a few by using a rat trap and drilled holes around where the spring wire hits them and put roofing nails sticking up. Pretty sure death is instant. Got a few like that. Have a live trap and they never go in it, even with peanut butter in it. They do like the peanut butter on the rat trap though.

7 Likes