Grounding your plants

You are free to look it up, it’s all there in black and white. No hard feelings intended.

Notice the name Oschman comes up in the authorship of all the studies I can find, and none of them have been replicated by anyone reputable. I’m 99% certain he’s a charlatan who either believes his own nonsense or is swindling the credulous.

Big claims require big evidence, and he doesn’t seem to have any.

1 Like

https://earthandgrow.com/pages/the-technology

3 Likes

I’d be one of the last to admit it, but to try it, why not. I’ve been in terrible pain most of my life, whats the harm in trying, that’s why I’m here (to learn and expand my outlook and perspective).

regards,

I’m not surprised the people trying to sell you something are making dubious hard-to-prove or quantify claims.

If any of the literal thousands of greenhouses in Spain could improve yield with just a few watts of electricity, don’t you think they’d all be doing it? New real advancements in crop science are very rare, but there are plenty of people willing to sell you a magic solution.

1 Like

I found it humorous! I was totally kidding. I drink distilled water and do believe in the third eye stuff, but have enough comfort in my beliefs–and the objectivity to see the controversy and lack of science in them–that I am able to joke about them. I do draw the line at sungazing and humans abilities to photosynthesize. It’s been very difficult for me to find a happy medium between science and spirituality–using humor and fun and dialog, even if some would consider it derisive or dismissive, helps me explore and flesh out beliefs that are newer to me.

4 Likes

Inside grows you can absolutely ground.

Plug into the ground in your wall.

Aquarium world has 2 types who do it. The hippy 3rd eye stray voltage group.

And the safety freaks. Ground the aquarium so if sh*t goes wrong - path to ground that doesn’t involve your body in the pathway.

It kinda works on multiple levels, only question is how you justify it.

Not even expensive for a mass produced titanium one.

6 Likes

very cool @George I will check out that link

2 Likes

That’s what I was always taught, touch something metal once you’re inside the case and all will be well

1 Like

Yes, I am sure that is an over-reaction but saves those mobo’s from being fried in 1 in 10000 cases.

I don’t think it is fair to compare the physiology of humans and those of plants, so any mention of how static electricity or grounding etc affects humans doesn’t really apply to plants. If they were comparable, I would be growing big stinky buds from my armpits :laughing: :monkey_face:

2 Likes

I’m just wondering if it would do anything in hydro dwc specifically

That is an interesting experiment. I run DWC. I’ll have to look around and see if there are any papers on it in hydro. I use clones to, I might be able to test it.

1 Like

Well when I start my next run I’ll test it. One tub grounded the other not. I’ll just have to run the same strain in both. I like to mix it up but for science and all. Thinking sink a ground rod next to the window outside my space and run a wire inside and strip 4 inches of the end and drop it in the water and see what happens. Would just pull ground from an outlet but that kinda scares me lol

4 Likes

also, knowing a bit about electricity, there might be interference. i’ve seen lots of houses with bad wiring and things. eliminate a variable.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever lived in a house with proper grounding or wiring. It is unreal. But then again, I started doing 240 installs myself and cut my fair share of corners when it came to code :-/ I was terrified the first time I did panel work; I had no idea what I was doing. I still actually have no idea what I’m doing, I’m just foolishly confident now.

3 Likes

Lol, I’ve done some electricity work. Never professionally. But it always passed code.

I was flipping a house and replacing outlets, one outlet only shut off when I hit the main breaker… some one wired a hot to ground. So all the grounds were hot. I hated that house.

3 Likes

Whoa, that’s either terrifyingly incompetent or terrifyingly malicious. Whatever it is, it’s terrifying. I’d be scared to touch anything on a house like that.

I had a house built by a NASA engineer once. It was a dream to work on. Super weird but functional panel and subpanel setup, though; there was a separate subpanel for everything.

2 Likes

So how long should I leave my plants in Time out???

2 Likes

My house has to have issues because it eats light bulbs lol led bulbs last maybe 4 months

1 Like

Brother, I have grown grounded and not grounded. One of my old set ups I grounded all my plants. When this new place is finished, it will have grounding polls for all the plants. Does it work? Honestly no idea, but I figure the plants enjoy the communication route that is opened up for them. (Have no idea if any of it is true, but I know it doesn’t hurt a thing…lol)

1 Like

@Daytripr69
Check your breaker box legs. See what the voltage is from leg to ground on each. Let me know what it is. (I suspect 122-126v)
You may be on the high side of what’s allowed (percentage variable…±5%… technically 114-126v), and if you are you will see things like that. But also, your lights are a bit brighter than everyone else’s…haha

2 Likes