Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

It gave my freshly dried bud the boveda brick before I could get things back in jars.

2 Likes

Im about 2 or 3 weeks out. Im still hesitant on my second grow . Im seeing others feeling the same, any updates?

2 Likes

Hey bro. Has the bag held it’s RH during the last week?

2 Likes

Not sure, heading home today to see my plants, the autos need to come down and dry before I can try these bags.

1 Like

Cool. I hope your lake stay was all it could have been and more. :slight_smile:

1 Like
6 Likes

Has anyone got anything yet on the Grove Bags?
A friend got in touch with them about an issue with the ziplock coming loose from the bag. This is the post he put up after the conversation:

I ordered a bundle (50 1oz, 5 4oz) of bags, and the ounce bags were faulty…zippers broke free after a couple times opening them. I sent an email to them last week and received a response in less than an hour. She told me to check all the bags and let them know how many were bad, and that they knew of the problem. Apparently the heat sealer shorted out or something…bottom line is the sealer wasn’t sealing the zippers to the bag properly. I went out of town for 3 days, was busy, life, etc and never got back with them. Yesterday I get an email from them and she asked me if I had a chance to count the bad bags…lol. That is pretty impressive…them emailing me for a replacement number. :+1: So…we had a friendly exchange and she said they are going to replace all of them…and that they believe in their product and stand by it 100%. And she went on to say if anyone else here has issues with the zippers to let them know and they’ll send replacements.

Top notch CS and company right there! You don’t find many companies like that anymore!

So,
If any of you have an issue with the zippers, just know that they are aware and easy to work with.
:pray::v: :cowboy_hat_face:

17 Likes

Good customer service like that is usually a good sign!

3 Likes

I have been using the Grove bags for about 3 weeks now, and I am very impressed with the cure so far, I can’t comment on how a long cure is but these will be my method of curing from now on. The buds stay fresh and are easy to roll, the tricomes don’t stick to the sides like they do the jars either. The taste and smell has continued to develop as well. I even used my $20 coupon code to get a cpl of the fancy velvet bags with designs, bonus the coupons never expire. Good to hear about the customer service, and that they are aware of the zipper problem seems like they are on top of things, have already recommended these to a cpl ppl and will continue too

8 Likes

I bought $100 worth of several bags in a range from 8ths to pound. Harvesting some runtz next week for the pound bags so nothing on those yet.

Filled 3 qp bags 2 weeks ago w/ a harvest and I will say they are curing quite nicely, I only heat sealed one and its cured 2 weeks now. No idea when i’ll rip it open. The 2 unsealed are just, perfectly fluffy, soft, excellent cure so far, kudos to the velvety QP bags ($4.something a piece)

But as @MoBilly said, the OZ bags were ASS, I put a fresh cut (4 days dried) blueberry cheesecake in it, not realizing the ziploc on the bag had peeled off, completely dried my oz over 4 days thinking it was sealed, it was so dry and brittle.
I tried to save, i added a few drops of water, folded the top over and added an RH gauge, was at 80% so i opened it and waited until it got down to 63%, and heat sealed the ounce bag, each day RH rose slightly back to 79% or so so I just ripped it open again. I was under the impression that these things basically automatically regulated humidity to 63% and it was going up? So, not to sure on the ounce bags, I’d imagine half, quarter, and 8th bags are relatively the same ass quality, although still much better than the mylar bags you get on amazon that rip just looking at them.

Oz bags are like, .33 cents though, not horrible but shit I expect to be able to open my bag more than 4 times before its useless
if you buy the oz bags, fill em up, heat seal them, and dont fuck with it until you’re ready to smoke. I’m not too thrilled by the OZ and below bags. LOVE qp so far

I have little faith in the 1lb bag as it kind of seems like the same quality of the oz bags, i’ll keep the post updated

8 Likes

I would love to try these, but postage to Australia out of the question…

I recently got a zip from my daughter and it was in one of these bags,
they look similar to the Grove bags and live up to their name, I’m betting they’re expensive…

9 Likes

So I chopped early, trying to make sure I didnt over dry my crop again. The stuff that got trimmed yesterday read at 87% in the bag. Wasn’t sure if it would help bring that number down, but figured 6-7 hours wouldn’t be detrimental. When I woke up, the meter read 89% so I took the buds out to get some air.

It did smell wonderfully, but the buds were sticking together, which is scary. Broke them up and have them on a paper plate atm. (Wish I could remember where my drying rack got to)

12 Likes

Someone said the approach with the bags is that it maintains a humidity rather than corrects it. So you would want to get your humidity level where you want it before bagging it up and then the bags handle the rest.

That’s some good lucking nug btw!

5 Likes

Anyone have some bags they want to come off? Only need a couple.

Interesting. FWIW I find that my jars maintain humidity on their own.

But I also don’t burp them.

When they are 58-62 I just leave them alone in the closet and open them once in awhile to take a nice little smell.

If I’ve let them get to dry I will use a boveda but only as a last resort.

All the best.

9 Likes

Do you know what the rh of the closet you keep them in is?

1 Like

It fluctuates wildly depending on the season and outside humidity. Anywhere from 30-60 depending.

I have little humidity sensors all over my apartment :rofl:

Edit - it is currently at 56%

8 Likes

Well that completely blew away my theory that the closet was contributing to the jars :laughing:

Sounds like the jars are definitely pulling their own weight!

2 Likes

You can build your own variety pack that way u don’t have to order in bulk that’s what I did. The shipping is what gets you the cheapest option is $10 n some change, depends where you live to I would assume.

I saw where you were going :wink:

The jars are from Ikea. 2L I think.

Everyone’s method is different but I’ve found what works best for me is to drop them in jars at the optimal humidity and then leave them alone. I try not to overthink it.

5 Likes