Growin' and Chuckin'

I was responding to the post where you talked about the difference the new lights would make. A theoretical answer would be great, I am just curious about these comments. I’m not doubting anything, just trying to learn.

Edit: post 187

1 Like

That’s freaking awesome by the way. I’ll enjoy watching these.

2 Likes

I didn’t think you were pimpin’ me. It’s all good, brotha! I couldn’t tell what post you were responding to. Had to go back and read. I’ve had several discussions about lighting and right now, industry leaders are using LED and CFL. Tons of info to read online. There are pluses and minuses to each light. CFL can cause blindness. My eyes are bad enough at almost 50. Up front cost on the LED is more, but electric bill is 40% less, the diodes last about 20 years, so no buying bulbs every 6 months. Lights are cool, so much easier to not fry the top nugs. I’ve also heard LED penetrates the canopy more than high intensity lights. And it’s full spectrum. It’s well known full spectrum light with grow better plants in every way possible, than a standard hps or mh bulbs. Kind of like back in the day. Everyone knew high intensity lights grew better buds than fluorescent lights.

Those Affi’s were gifted to me by a friend who got the used pack from his friends dad, who had them forever, but didn’t grow anymore. My friend so no value in them because he was hooked on the hype buds at the time. He started Green Dot here in Colorado, but recently passed away from cancer at age 40. Sad. Anyway, the point is he was getting new clones of all the hype buds because a weed business has to be current with hottest strains and terp profiles. I grew and smoked sensi Afghan in the mid 90’s, so I have an expectation of something pure hash flavored. I’m praying bro. :pray:

7 Likes

I had to make sure. I’m so direct sometimes I come across wrong, so I’ve learned to try to combat that most of the time. I’m not always trying to be an ass, I just have alot of ass genes :rofl:

I think it’s pretty sade that you need to have every baked sweet strain or frozen dessert to keep up in the business. It should be about the effects and usefulness of what you grow IMHO.

I’ve tried the led light bulbs that are supposed to last a really long time, but they never seem to last as long a regular bulb. I have my reservations because of this. I think before too long, I’m going to have to build a bridgeluxe light. I just like to get several opinions on the leds. I got a used hid just to get going. It was super cheap. I guess I’ll see what you think after the grow. Thanks so much!!

Edit: I’ll pray with you bro.

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with HID’s. Everything Ive grown here has been grown under HID’s. I’m just tired of buying bulbs and dealing with the lost plant space in the tent from my setup. Having hvac and two hoods takes up too much room. Plus looking to cut down on electric bills. Almost all professional LED grow lights come with a 3 year warranty. That does make me question the longevity.

5 Likes

For sure, I get that. I’m just trying to get some opinions to justify the added cost later, know what I mean? I think the biggest benefit may be a mix of both (if you have the space). I totally understand why you are ready to get away from them. It’s much cheaper and simpler in the long run.

1 Like

Garlic Knots bx1 f2’s, grinding along. Looks like I overfed the plants resulting in a little lockout. They’ve been flushed and topped at the 3rd internode. Wreaks of Chem and funky burnt rubber

13 Likes

Sounds like a tasty strain too bad I’m not in the US I’d ask for a few seeds . Looking healthy and happy .

4 Likes

Starting week 6, things are starting to take shape. I love the look of light blueish green buds. The smells in the tent change every few days. The cream is gone and a much more astringent Mr. Clean type of smell is kicking in now. Couldn’t ask for anything tastier. There’s one Animal Mints leaner that is forming some nice long tops. There’s some kind of candy sweetness to it, but not enough to annoy me.

21 Likes

My two Valley Vixen look nice but they’re going to be small because I mixed my soil wrong and I sort of stunted their early years. Plus they started flowering right away. They’ll be inside mostly from here on out. They’re at week 3 I think. They may jump up and run still .

3 Likes

You’ll still end up with a little :fire:. I’ll be running them again with the rest of the Peacemaker seeds. Peacemaker could very well top 3 cultivars I’ve grown. I haven’t seen one banana. I left the light on for 3 nights during week three, to see if the plants were stable. No problems, now in week 6. Nor did I see bananas on the Valley Vixen.

6 Likes

My two look special. They are filling in nicely but just mini me plants. I’m looking forward to them.

2 Likes

Thats good news. Taste tester! Every pheno is powerful, but no two plants taste alike.

2 Likes

Nothing makes fat buds like an old school HPS. Love em!
Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::mask:

4 Likes

Got some weird shit happening The plants including my tomatoes, look like they’re either underfertilized or have lockout. Looks more like lockout, but I haven’t fertilized yet. I think it’s the bag of Roots Organic soil. It smells a little like ammonia. Never had an issue with their soil. Maybe an old bag?? After rinsing the soil with ph’d water, plants seem to be back on track.

13 Likes

That last one is a tomato right?!

3 Likes

Yes. Brad’s Atomic Grape Tomato.

4 Likes

How do those taste?

3 Likes

I heard about those somewhere else but can’t remember what… lol I remember the name.

2 Likes

First time growing them. My friend from LA is a food purveyor and said they’re beautiful and sweet, but are a thick skinned tomato.

2 Likes