Growing Kratom in Humidity Chamber with Induction Lighting

Interesting, can you get sick from it or take to much? Is it addictive? I am gonna do some research but its interesting to hear from someone who has done it…

Yea, it is quite addictive because you enjoy it so much you want it everyday. Way better then a coffee with a mood lift kick (same family as coffee too). If you take a lot and quit suddenly, instead of taper you will get symptoms of a cold, runny nose, slight depression and urge to take it again. The best way is to taper off of it and it is literally painless. (Ive done that a few times)

3 Likes

It’s not physically addicting like opioids and lots of people are using it to get off of opioids. But it can be habit forming. But you can stop and not go through really bad withdrawals. It’s uncomfortable but not for long.

Most places sell it in powder form. You can put it in capsules or buy it already in them. I take it by 1/2 spoon at a time followed by Limeade and it takes affect within 10-20 minutes or so. 2-4 grams is a typical dose.

You should always go through a legitimate vendor who undergoes testing. It’s sold in smoke/tobacco shops but it’s not pure. I bought some from a local place and I also drink a little beer. Man, It got me constipated for more than a month. I don’t what they added but it was obvious once I bought some from a trusted vendor.

It’s still illegal in some states, or just not sold or delivered there. There is a Kratom Association for the best info. They have been lobbying hard here in the states for making it legal and available.

The place I started buying from here in Colorado now has a brick and mortar store and you can walk in and buy it but they ship as well.

I try and keep it in check and not go crazy with it but it does help if you suffer with chronic pain or other things. I have some sort of irritable bowels syndrome condition for the last 5 years or so and this is the first thing that has helped wit that.

Usually it’s sold in Red, Green, or White veined strains. In general, Red is for sedation and sleep, White is more stimulating usually, and the Green is somewhere in the middle and sort of does both. Also your personal metabolism may react a little different than others.

So far, research is suggesting that it is safe and useful for lots of conditions. It’s been used in Asia for 1000’s of years.

7 Likes

The leaves are getting nicely condensed, so I’m harvesting a bit of them soon to make a potent tea. :slight_smile:

Yes, definitely safe. I always get a liver check because I drink kava kava as well and my liver has always been healthy. I enjoy the kratom through the day and I love it in the mornings to start the day with a light uplift. Im a runner and it also gives me the energy later in the day to run 4+Km.

5 Likes

A co worker of mine introduced me to Kratom 4 yrs ago.I love it helps me w mood, energy and pain. Awesome that you’re growing your own happy growing :seedling:

5 Likes

Thank you! Glad they are phenotypes from seed as well…looking forward to testing it out throughly

3 Likes

I think it would help me a lot in my treatment of dysthymia I will look for it and see if I can find it here in my country

3 Likes