Make your own drugs

Just curious, I’d like to make a list of the drugs that a regular person could conceivably grow or make without highly specialized equipment or training.

Alcohol
Caffeine (tea)
Marijuana
DMT
Ayahuasca
Psilocybin
Salvia
Kratom
Iboga
Mescaline

What else am I missing? Probably a lot!

10 Likes

Nicotine. Very easy outside

9 Likes

You missed COCAINE!

13 Likes

Poppies are pretty easy too.

10 Likes

Are you the cocaine bear from the movie ?

8 Likes

There are people that aren’t very smart at all in my neck of the woods and they make other drugs I won’t bother mentioning.

11 Likes

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds for LSA

4 Likes

Ah I used to trip with Mrs Salvia but they dont grow from seed.

2 Likes

Kava is very easy to grow

3 Likes

lsd isn’t that hard to make, but it can get a bit tricky if you don’t know chemistry.

3 Likes

Scopolamine, hyoscyamine and atropine.

14 Likes

A must read for most of us on here:

10 Likes

Shulgin too

th-2987093970

5 Likes

I was given a coca plant as a housewarming gift. I’ve never done anything with it but use it ornamentally. Coca tea wouldn’t be hard to make, but I imagine cocaine hydrochloride would require a LOT of raw material, some nasty chemicals, and an appropriate space (lab? Outdoor shed?).

From Wikipedia:
An interview with a coca farmer published in 2003 described a mode of production by acid-base extraction that has changed little since 1905. Roughly 625 pounds (283 kg) of leaves were harvested per hectare six times per year. The leaves were dried for half a day, then chopped into small pieces with a string trimmer and sprinkled with a small amount of powdered cement (replacing sodium carbonate from former times). Several hundred pounds of this mixture were soaked in 50 US gallons (190 L) of gasoline for a day, then the gasoline was removed and the leaves were pressed for the remaining liquid, after which they could be discarded. Then battery acid (weak sulfuric acid) was used, one bucket per 55 lb (25 kg) of leaves, to create a phase separation in which the cocaine free base in the gasoline was acidified and extracted into a few buckets of “murky-looking smelly liquid”. Once powdered caustic soda was added to this, the cocaine precipitated and could be removed by filtration through a cloth. The resulting material, when dried, was termed pasta (cocaine paste) and sold by the farmer. The 3,750 pounds (1,700 kg) yearly harvest of leaves from a hectare produced 6 lb (2.5 kg) of pasta , approximately 40–60% cocaine. Repeated recrystallization from solvents, producing pasta lavada and eventually crystalline cocaine were performed at specialized laboratories after the sale.

Conceivable? Sure. Practical? I’ll just look at my plant in the window.

11 Likes

Not that I condone such things but I’ve read about indigenous peoples using it like chewing tobacco for various ailments.

7 Likes

Those book suggestions look interesting, thanks!

1 Like

Lettuce Opium:https://www.drugs.com/npp/lettuce-opium.html

3 Likes

Kratom requires a specialized grow environment (think jungle/indonesia) or perhaps Florida. Or a climate controlled greenhouse. It’s a big tree so it can’t be grown in a tent.

I think one company in the US is growing it & making “tea-bags”. He’s friends with Hamilton Morris from Hamiltons Pharmacopia/podcast. I wanna say “Top” something.

1 Like

All the way from Africa
Catha edulis
Sceletium tortuosum
Leonotus leonurus

And a couple others that havnt been mentioned
Ephedra
Passiflora
Albizia
Anadenthera

2 Likes

Khat