Growing on the cheap! Korean Natural Farming

Hi Guys is IT possible to use IT for indoor ?

3 Likes

I use everything I make indoor and outdoor

3 Likes

I need to make me some LABS to try out to get my feet wet a bit, would be great to have around/use.

5 Likes

I def dont use all of knf. And have never tried jadam. Probably wont either. But what i use def has quite a good benefit.

3 Likes

yup, im content with FPJ/FFJ along with LABs at the moment, but am about to collect some IMO.
Love the results from JMS @lotus710 , highly recommend. This is as far as ive taken JADAM

5 Likes

Iā€™m very curious about JADAM pest management.
I think Iā€™m gonna make some sulfur solution, and also Oleander extract for my veg gardenā€¦ Fucking bugs keep eating the leaves off of my sprouts

3 Likes

Cool thanks i m going to try IT indoor. Beats bottlefeeding i think

1 Like

Keep us posted on that! Is there a JADAM input for squirrels :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Maybe a foliar application of Garlic OHN? Apparently they donā€™t like the smell or tasteā€¦ Untested, so just a theory

1 Like

I find it better to spray nutrients than pesticides. Pest problems are almost nothing when growing with a healthy balanced soil. Knf focuses a lot on this aswell. Keep the bacteria and fungi on the roots and leaves in check and the pests just become food for your plants.

2 Likes

What kinda bugs and sprouts?

I donā€™t know why but the KNF stuff does feel more approachable than somE of the JADAM preparations (this is coming from a guy who tried it once, failed and hasnā€™t gotten back to it yet :man_facepalming: ) but something about collecting leaf mold and whatnot feels like a bridge too far sometimes in terms of complexity, even though Iā€™m sure itā€™s not, just kinda hits different for some reason IMO

2 Likes

Butā€¦ butā€¦ the leaf mold is right by your feet when collecting for knf

3 Likes

I think we all agree here, but the damn squirrels are the bane of my existence come tomato time.
I canā€™t stomach the pellet gun anymore, something about this way of growing has me thinking differently about all life even the annoying ones lol. Maybe itā€™s that Iā€™m covered in LABs all the time now :joy: I dunno but something has changed

My wife just called me a dirty hippie so there that

6 Likes

When the wife calls you a dirty hippie you know youā€™re doing something right!:wink::rofl:

4 Likes

Ha!

4 Likes

Okay! I havenā€™t done the KNF write up yet, but hereā€™s a little sumthin sumthin for yā€™all: I whipped up some JADAM wetting agent this afternoon!
This is basically a cold process liquid soap, so itā€™ll be used as hand soap, body soap, laundry soap, and dish soap, in addition to being used for pest control, and as a wetting agent for foliar nutrient application.
Ingredients/Supplies for a 5 gallon batch
-5 gallon bucket and lid ($10)
-Electric drill
-paint stirrer attachment
-.5 kg of water (thatā€™s a half liter)
-640 grams KOH (potassium hydroxide) (1 kg was $13)
-1 gallon canola oil ($10)
-additional 16 L of water

Recipe
Pour the 500mL of water into the 5 gallon bucket, then dump in the measured KOH. Roll the bucket around at an angle to fully dissolve the KOH
CAUTION This initial solution creates a powerful exothermic reaction (it gets hella hot), AND is an extraordinarily strong base, meaning that it is caustic and will fuck you up if you get it on you. Always wear a mask, elbow length gloves, and safety goggles when dealing with this chemical.

Once the powder/flakes are totally dissolved, use the drill with paint stirrer attached, to agitate the solution while slowly streaming the entire gallon of canola into the bucket. Donā€™t stop pouring, or stirring, until all of the canola is in. The emulsion should look like runny mayo with a yellowish white coloration. If the mixture breaks (separates), just turn up the drill speed and re-emulsify.

Let the mixture stand, covered, for 3 days.

After the requisite time had passed pour 4 liters of RO (or other soft water) into the bucket. Use the drill to mix the water into the original solution, and to knock any of the concentrate off the wall of the bucket.
Finally, hand stir the last 12 liters of water into the solution until you have a homogenous mixture.

So for about $20 ($30 if you donā€™t have a bucket and lid already) youā€™ll have 5 gallons of JWA/cold process soap.

Dilute between .6%, up to 3% of total solution for foliar use.

Pictures are from today, so the 16L of water will be added in Monday, and Iā€™ll post the finished product

12 Likes

Step one. Make sure you donā€™t have nosey neighbors as to not have DEA knockin on your door for suspected meth lab lol

Awesome write up! Thank you for sharing this, looking forward to seeing the finished product!

2 Likes

Lol!
I didnā€™t even think of that! I was :100: out under the carport at my house doing this project :rofl:
My super even drove by!

2 Likes

Hiding in plane sight eh?

3 Likes