Growing on the cheap! Korean Natural Farming

You got me there little buddy! LOL

1 Like

Very inspiring thread, thanks guys… I must try one these recipes at least outdoor! Are they measurable using EC meter or not?

1 Like

I have no clueXD never used a pen before.

The prickly pears (4) gave off more liquid than the mangos (3)
they were smaller but have feeling cacti have more water storage
capacity or such.

The mango sauce was much thicker viscosity and took longer to
filter. Put 0.5 ml of each into my sprayer bottle (500ml) and gave
every plant around the house a foliar misting.

1 Like

I got me a truncheon pH pen, so when i start to feed the plants i’ll let u know. They are one week today since they started photosynthesizing… I got at least another two weeks to go before feeding. The soil came with bat guano, and horse manure plus worm castings. I dunno that i have to feed it at all.

2 Likes

I always have something (comfrey, kelp, crabmeal, etc…) breaking down on top to keep enzymatic activity going on. Even if you aren’t feeding the plant you need the soil to be fed.

3 Likes

I’m trying not to overwhelm the plants with nutes, will KNF do that or can i start to feed them with my ferments as of now…? Is it not too early?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t feed any liquid nutes until you see rapid growth and the leaves are getting less green.

3 Likes

Those are big pots for those small plants. You got a ways to go.

1 Like

I believe the plant will tell us when she needs the food right? Exactly @ryasco! With this soil i think in about two weeks or so, they’ll be asking for food. Well, let’s just see. Thanks man.

1 Like

They are autos bro. Supposedly finish in 60 days from seed, specially under 12/12 outdoors.

1 Like

That is another thing i have never grown auto’s.

2 Likes

… as someone who using the “random guess and see what happens” approach to topdressing, how much and how often do you add your meal-of-choice?

1 Like

Wondering the same thing…

If i am flowering i use a pinch of crabmeal and kelp maybe two teaspoons up until three weeks of harvest. If i have fungus gnats i add a little less crab and kelp and use a pinch of neem meal but only three weeks or so into flower. If my plants are darkening i skip a week. I am slowly switching over to using my own soil so things are going to change. Before flower i add a tablespoon or so of gypsum also. If i have had calcium issues from a long veg i would add a couple pinches of oyster shell flour. A lot of stuff i do is by watching the plant and i rarely measure top dressings.

8 Likes

I need to learn more, i think i’m only doing things half good! Experience is not something you can learn on a weed forum, you actually have to go thru things in order to get it…

4 Likes

I feed from seedling to harvest. But yes you can easily burn plants with ferments. Shits strong. A mulch of straw or plantals instead of the rocks would be 100% better and it wont over do the nutrients.

1 Like

I gotta get me some of that, would hay do?

1 Like

Yessir. So would alfalfa, clover, nettle, dandelion, yarrow, comfrey, etc.

2 Likes

They sell Neem trees here in Costa check it out…

http://www.costaricaneem.com/index.html

6 Likes