Growing out the seeds that were gifted to me

@KingGhidora, when I switched to using coco last year, I went with all Botanicare products.

The medium is CocoGro by Botanicare.

For nutes I am using their CNS17 line:

• CNS17 Grow formula for everything up to Flowering.
  • CNS17 Bloom formula for the first 3-4 weeks of Flowering.
  • CNS17 Ripe formula for the last 2-4 weeks.

I mix Botanicare’s Cal-Mag plus at 2 ml/gallon for all feed mixes.

I also use HydroGuard in my plain water as well as my feed mixes. This is the first Botanicare product I used.
It is what they call a root innoculant. It is actually a beneficial bacteria. It eats dead plant matter which encourages new root growth it can be used straight to root clones. It worked so well I tried the CocoGro. Between both of these. I decided to stay with the Botanicare products.

I mix HydroGuard at 6ml/gallon for the water I give the clones and seedlings. I use it at 4ml/gallon for the regular plain water and the Grow feed. I mix 2 ml/gallon for both Bloom and Ripe feeds. I use this product at every feeding.

I rarely feed plain water. I use that mostly for the last 3-4 days of Flowering as a mini flush. I also use it when a plant seems stagnated for 1-2 feeds and go back to the regular feed routine. I have a feeds that is heavy in iron and 1 that is heavy in copper, but haven’t needed them in about 2 years or so.

@gordongecko, I’m not sure I’d have found it worth it to grow if I smoked only a couple of ounces a year. I was going though about 1.25 oz per month while I was working. I expected to spend a lot more time watching TV and getting high after retiring. Turns out I smoke just an ounce/month now and watch about 1/3 of the TV I watched while I was in the workforce. A stressless life is a wonderful thing!!!

You and me both. That’s why I prefer the strains that are less sativa and more indica. The paranoia factor is why I quite smoking weed for more than a decade. It was only after my former wife became an alcoholic that I started smoking again. I have noticed much less paranoia highs once I went back. I read somewhere it was deliberately bred out of many strains for a more pleasant high. The Mexican dirt weed of the '70s was all paranoia to its high

As long as no one tries to turn the thread into a pro-trump thread anyway. lol

5 Likes

Its a passion I will never lose till the day I die, even if I didn’t smoke I will always grow.
Ive got a mission from the universe/god to make seed/protect diversity (Im weird)
Re the first post it was @KingGhidora not me
I was very rude and didnt even ask about your grow, I will say the plants look very nice and Im following from afar. Can you see me? Im over here!, here waving the Union Jack :gb:

5 Likes

@gordongecko Yes I can see you. The world isn’t so big afterall. I didn’t realize you were from Great Britain, you don’t drop letters from your words, so I can’t hear your accent. :wink: To bad too, I really enjoy listening to anyone from the UK talk.:heart_eyes:

No rule that says you have to. Stop by and look. Comment if the desire strikes or don’t. I have an open door policy.:slight_smile:

OMG! I need to fix that. Thank you for pointing that out. I must be pretty stoned because it took me about 10 minutes to figure out what you meant. Lol

4 Likes

Hey fellow growers, here are a few pics to add. (Would this be considered “glog”?)

First, the baby Durbans. They are growing very nicely. They are currently outward growing at rapid pace. The last pics in the first post show the leaves just reaching the edges of the pots, just 48 hours later, the one on the right is trying its best to hide its pot from sight, while thje one in the middle is following right along.

Despite this rapid outward growth, the upward growth is going much more slowly. The one in the middle is growing up slightly faster.

Now, pictures from the newer seedlings, the Low Ryder x La Diva. 4/11, 3:52am Just before getting buried in moist paper towels and put on an old heating pad set to low (avg 89°). I used to use my seedling mat which I keep at 82.5°, but it took 4 days and more for seeds to pop.

I looked at them at 3:00am on 4/12. They had not popped yet. I looked in on them at 1:54pm and was greeted wiht this sight.

I prefer to let the tap root get a bit longer before burying them. This is just before planting.

So far only the 3 of 4 seeds I planted have rooted, hopefully the last one is still going to as well.

I currently am using what I call a rainbow light for my clones. My CFL wasn’t doing as well as it had before changing to the same bulb, so I thought I’d try a cheap full spectrum LED. It was just a little more than my CFL had cost and was worth risk. I didn’t want to like it light after I plugged it in. The light was a pretty color but so strange that I was immediately certain ity wouldn’t work. I even took the Durbans out and put the under the Veg fluoros because I didn’t want to ruin them with this experiment. I left 2 clones in there. 2 days later, I moved the Durban babies back into the clone box because the clones were doing extremely well. The new seedlings are now sharing the clone box with 2 new cutting starts.

11 Likes

I would cut across the big fan leaf at the bottom to stop the leaning and concentrate growth to the top and roots, (just saying). Nice cutting btw.:seedling: (bottom left in pic).Take care doll . Mechelle x

2 Likes

@MBSeeds, thank you for your advice, but I never cut the leave on my clones. The cuttings always droop until they have roots, then they straighten right up. I am a firm believer that the more leaves a cutting has, the faster it roots. The only time I’ve see this fail is when I get flyin’ fuckers in the clone box or I do something stupid.

I have a thread that tells my story of how I stopped cutting the leaves and got faster rooting and better growth during Veg mode. The description starts about midway down the first post. I know this method isn’t for everyone, but I find that since I have a humidity friendly clone box, leaf cutting is unnecessary.

Edit:

The other is better than it looks in this shot since the droop direction is facing away. :smiley:

4 Likes

Nope! I have two that have sprouted. I still have hopes for the other seven. I have been super busy so i haven’t taken photos yet. They are about two inches tall in full outdoor sun.

2 Likes

My last LowRyder x LaDiva showed her tap root about 3 hrs ago. It was just a barely visible nub poking out the shell, so I wasn’t sure it’d show up in a photo since I am using a very cheap camera. I just snapped it’s picture. This one is my plant #81. For those of you just meeting me, I took such spotty records previous to 1-1-17, that I had a difficult finding information from my 1st 15 years growing. I started up a database using Microsoft Office Access. All my plant names became numbers when I started the database. This plant is the 81st I’ve worked with since 1/1/17. Even the failed and destroyed plants are recorded.

I’m going to let the tap root get about 1/4"-1/2" longer before burying. That will probably be about 3:30AM

8 Likes

Feels good to see them pop out doesn’t it. Pretty amazing to think that little thing that looks like a Spartan Sperm is going to grow into the beautiful plant it will be!

:seedling: :sunglasses: :seedling:

2 Likes

I buried my last LR x LD at 5:42 AM today. She looked like this when I did.

Her new home for now

Now she is relaxing in the baby box with her siblings and a couple of 3 day old Purple starts.

Just make sure my Durban babies don’t feel left out, here they are 27 days from the root poking out of the shell.

I’m going to be growing seeds out so much, I hope I don’t lose my clone skills. :astonished:

I hope today is nicer for you than it is here today. It is a cold 35° mid-April day and it is rainy and dark. Good thing I am so stoked by my grow or my mood could take a fast nosedive in weather like this.:thunder_cloud_rain::umbrella::cloud_rain:

8 Likes

Almost. OGlog!

:laughing:

3 Likes

They both look good. Good luck :blush::+1::seedling:mechellep.s my pics are always rubbish ,!so when I think a plant looks good ,then go to take pic ,it doesn’t even look like a plant , never mind ,making it look good lolololol​:slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s been a couple of days already. Here is a group shot of all my children. My camera batteries were flashing a red icon at me so I just have the one tonight.

I don’t give seeds a number until they sprout. When several sprout at once, I give the lowest number to the tadpole with the longest tail. It is then a bit interesting to note that numbers 78 & 81 look as though they had sprouted at the same time now. It is probably because it took an extra 12 hours to open its shell all the way. I had to crack it to help out. I always worry that I cracked a shell to roughly until I see the round leaves open all the way. 81 took longer to grow a tap root, but her progress is going about the same as 79 & 80 had at this point. Her helmet is ready to come off any time.

73, 74, & 75 are the Durbans. They are spreading out great. And bonus, no stretching. It must be a genetic thing my two oldest strains grow up at more the same rate as they grow out. 73 and 75 are the shortest so I am guessing this will be the bushy genome. I’m hoping 74 is going to be male, just 'cause it is a taller plant at this point, maybe that is why. :fingers_crossed:

Cheers :vulcan:

8 Likes

Plants are looking really good @Cobra50, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Thinking about my grow, planning future improvements (and numerous bong hits) has kept me somewhat sane. At least you didn’t have to plow the rain away. It was 33* here, but we got 22" of white stuff :snowman: Lookin’ forward to watching your grow.

1 Like

Right back atcha. Yours is looking awesome as well. Now that I know about your thread, I’ll stop by often. I love watching healthy plants grow. :smiley:

That must’ve been a lot of work!

On Sunday, it was about 33° as well. We got a very wet snow storm. I have a D125 John Deere with a 42" plow blade. It kept stopping dead in its tracks from the wet snow packing as I pushed it. Sometimes I could just back up and get a running start to get it to move, others I had to raise the blade and move the top part and go back for the bottom part. It is almost gone now.

Ours was nothing compared to what you got. If it hadn’t been melting while falling, we probably would’ve gotten 5-6".

I hope yours wasn’t all wet and slushy too. Even with a truck/plow 22" of the snow we had, would been a difficult challenge at best.

This thread will be around for a while. @MadScientist added more seeds in both quantity and strain, so I think I’ll be getting 3 strains total from him and I’ll be getting 2 more strains I believe from @pookie123. I will try to have one grow from each strain in this thread as we go along. You are welcome to come and see or come and stay. :hugging:

I can’t say it enough times, this community is friendly, helpful and generous. Our blasted governments should takes some notes. The brotherhood here makes sure we all have an opportunity to grow the garden (or farm) of our dreams. OG is a place to be very proud of!

@MadScientist’s good karma for his giveaway is coming back to him as well from @pookie123.

I’d also like to give a shout out to @99PerCent. He recently helped out @MBSeeds the same way @Jellypowered helped me. @MBSeeds tells that story here while she grows out her gifts:
First grow diary for Mechelle. X

Cheers and good will to all.

6 Likes

I will never be able to thank, @99PerCent for the chance to grow out his seed ,he gave me the seeds to grow and the wee glass jars to keep them in, forever gratefull. You can see them grow on my grow diary. Thank you again @99PerCent. Mechelle. As :seedling::blush::+1:x

6 Likes

New pics, freshly taken.

First, my 3 baby Durbans. Look at how far their veg leaves reach out.

And yet they remain short. These are going to be very productive plants.

Next we come to the LowRyder x LaDiva autos. They are in the boring phase where it seems to take months to get any real growth to admire

Number 78 is now lagging behind all the others. Right after the last photo I took a look at it with magnifiers and realized it was trying to grow on the inside but couldn’t get enough pressure on the shell to crack it the rest of the way. I gently cracked it with my hemostats and helped out of one side of the shell. It is just starting to look like new growth and is lopsided with it as one serrated leaf is much smaller than the one other side.

Such an exciting time for me to be growing out two strains unfamiliar to me. I can’t wait to taste them. :yum::hugging:

9 Likes

Time for another update. The Durban babies are in an awesome period. I swear, if I stay perfectly still for a few minutes, I can actually watch them grow. The pictures my camera is capable of don’t do the plants justice.

My little autos are still in the boring stage. They are growing regularly but slowly. I can’t wait for them to start taking off as well.

Number 78 is still lagging behind its siblings, however it can now be seen that it is growing. It is growing lopsided due to being stuck in the shell. The first serrated leaves are growing in. One is normal size, the second leaf is stunted, but is also showing signs of growth.

I got word from @Baudelaire today that my new lights and seeds shipped today. The Sol Sheet is going over the autos.

I’m not certain whether I am more excited about the lights or the seeds. I love indicas and it’s been a long time since I a mostly indica plant to enjoy. :yum::heart_eyes::smoking:

Edit: Had to reduce picture sizes and re-upload them

8 Likes

I love to watch the plants grow and move.

2 Likes

it’s hard for me to not associate those numbers with years, as in, 19_ _… :slight_frown:

:older_man:’ wherl, weh beck in non-tin-fiff-ta-great

My money is on #1978, a strange and discoey time.

:wink:

c.s

2 Likes