Growing the weed from seed

that is a fast finisher…sounds like the one leans to bubba for sure. And it definitely kicks. If it were a clone they finish faster and with some MBP on the regular could get it in about that I suppose. I took it down at around 58 days…could easily have gone 63 but that was from seed and no MBP Stems were good, not what the Appy leaner was though.

1 Like

Time for some pics. By the numbers.

But first Goohead supported by wall instead of yoyo’s The little guy is in a hurry to crop I guess

The two that were topped. Left #12, right #7

The next two started at 12/12 while the others were still at 13.5/10.5 for a week or 10 days.so a litte ahead and stretched more than the others. I chose them first since i was running out of head room with these two and waiting for the two topped ones to get a couple weeks on them

#9 is marked with an M since it threw a four fingered leaf on 2nd or 3rd set. Two did but think the other was male and culled. Also the tallest

Nice top on #4 but like 9 lacking on the stacking imo

the last two are the shortest girls. #11 is much better on node spacing. Slower on growth.

And then there is #6 the shortest one of the bunch. Already stacking stuff under her so she can hog some light too.

Not one wanted to throw lower branches of all 12 plants other than the one of the selected males. Neither male looked anything like the #6 plant

7 Likes

Everything’s going kinda how we predicted it would it seems. Looking good! @Herbie!

3 Likes

The tops of the two I did top have now rooted. I have one in a solo cup and the other in a 4 inch pot in case one of them turns out special. I took 2 cuttings from #6 and may still take one from a couple of the others. Rooting was easy on those two tops as they both rooted in a solo cup of water with a change out of fresh water every other day. Hoping #6 roots as easily but it is a side branch and not an apex.

4 Likes

Took another branch from #9 today. She gets better lookin’ everyday! Some kind of freak though…count the fingers

But frosty

And then #6 the runt of the litter

The branch I took had a couple of fat beans on it. Removed and hoping not so many fertilized it won’t root. That branch doesn’t seem to have any other seeds forming. There were a few more here and there on other branches though. :slight_smile:

The rest not enough of an outlier to sling packets for atm will update later.

5 Likes

#12 left #7 right

#6 very indica from the start little to no stretch

#4 narrow leaf some stretch, masses of hairs late

#9 a frosty sativa mutant with a 6 finger pair of nodes that hit the lights

#11 weird thing…not sure what to make of it.

4 Likes

3 Likes

The #6 has a bit of color in the fans. Trichs are clear. 2 more weeks? :wink:

And #4 is so petite. Not really a fan since unlike above not especially fat so low yield

Long cola all the way down the stem on the next 2 girls #11 first

And #9 (mutant plant-odd because it is even-holding a 6 finger leaf)

The last two were topped because they were the tallest. Frosty #7

Finally #12

Everything smells really wonderful but I dunno how much is the plants and how much is the Recharge. I can still smell the latter I added to feed about 3 weeks back. They all seemed to have liked it.

9 Likes

TWO :clap: MORE :clap: WEEKS :clap:

3 Likes

Took a lower branch from #6 and #9 and stuck them into root in the new cloner. The one from #9 has a root today. The two apex cuts survive until the plants are tasted and hopefully the two I lack are not so great I regret them.

One of the two had a cover…the one that has not rooted yet.

2 Likes

A lot to cover and won’t get it all done in this post. In jars now and sampling. Able to draw some conclusions about yield and structure for all of them now.

Calling the stretchiest 2 sativa leaners. That would be numbers 7 and 12. Both of those showed an open structure and had decent yield. Nice dark leaf colors, some even numbered leaves. The buds would be decently OG structure and easy to trim

Number 9 and 11 were hybrids 9 with even numbered leaves leaned sativa in bud structure and yielded like those. 11 has a more kush like bud structure as does #6 Decent yields in the hybrids as well.

The two shorter and indica leaning plants are where I expected to find the gold. Not sure about that. I have not tasted these as yet, but they certainly yielded less. #6 had nice color with some purple in the leaves and the buds seem pretty dark. Looking forward to tasting. #4 was a classic OG structure in miniature.

Clones survive for 7, 12 and 9 The one I took for 6 failed :frowning: Will wish I had done the others and it again no doubt.

I have sampled 9 and 7 so far. Quite nice. 9 tastes and smells and looks just like the dispensary (23% thc label) version I sampled a month or so back. But number 7 kicks nice too. :slight_smile:

7 and 9 had what looked to me like high levels of frost. if that correlates to good stuff I dunno. Sometimes I think ‘frost’ is more about bag appeal than potency

2 Likes

Everybody’s jarred now! (Why do I hear Everybody Dance Now? Friggin’ earworm)

Got’s 3 left now after the chop and all are revegging- from left to right
Frosty #7, Six Finger Sally (aka #9) - chopped the top part and left a few bottom branches, #12

I expected to just toss the last one…but the smoke is too good already. Actually have sampled all 3 by now and waiting for a full cure to give reports on everything and weed them out. I have at least a few seed from all of them.

5 Likes

#6 is the indica leaner. She was colorful toward the end and though the bud pictured is a little airy it was taken perhaps a week ahead of what I would have considered ideal and some of these scores might have changed had it had the time.
Indica/Sativa- 85/15 did not see any sativa characteristics in this plant but oddly enough do not feel drowsy. Growth is very indica dom
Potency: 7/10
Yield 6.5/10
Flavor: Fruity, sweet and smooth
Aroma: Fruity with subtle notes of overripe fruit.
Color: Some purple in this one in.
Effects: This morning it settled my IBS right down and my hip muscles and lower back discomfort have subsided since tasting it.

6 Likes

These sat leaners did not have any racy in them for me. This is good. These did not seem to represent what I experienced years ago. Those plants did better than my expectations as far as potency and effects.

#7 was very frosty and easy to trim. Spacing of the nodes wasn’t terrible. The stretch was real as is the kick. This one had 4 finger leaves on the regular after being topped As did 12. Would be better outdoors perhaps.

Potency 8/10
Yield 7/10
Color Dark Green leaves, lighter colored buds
Effects No multi-tasking allowed! Not aware of any aches or pains this am which is nice for a change. Good day time herb.
Flavor- Not as fruity as some others. She is tasty and smooth
Smell- In the jar it smells like someone left half a ruby red grapefruit on a fresh cut pine board. On the grind, fuel overwhelms any fruit.

Undecided on which mother to base any line breeding on but this one has some good characteristics

2 Likes

#12 Sativa leaning and with a flower structure closer to the #6 indica and #11 hybrid

Potency 8/10
Yield 6/10
Color similar to 7
Effects- this one is not so distracting but certainly has that lift. Great day time smoke.
Flavor is fruity and smooth.
Smell - Strong fruity smells but stick your nose in the grind and there are subtle mint notes underneath the fuel and fruit.

This one kicks arse but is light, airy and low on yield, though only say 10% less than 7

4 Likes

#9 I seem to have forgotten to take pics of the finished flower, but here is a pic I have not shared yet.

This plant had the fuel/gas and the fruit. Good yield, great taste and smooth. When I chopped this I left the lower buds on the plant and have let it reveg. I will be keeping this one and have plans to BX it. Soon to take some cuts.

Probably going to develop this line and will also run some of the #6 seeds to see what comes in them.

#4 had tones of mint and was low on yield an odd duck in the mix.

#11 was a hybrid plant that mirrored #9 but with the bud types from #6 At first I was not a fan of that one at all…but after the cure it had a very nice high…still the buds were very airy and light and yield was low.

1 Like

2 clones of #9 have roots today. The rest are only history. The mom didn’t do well after the repotting. If the clones take well to new media, then at some point soon I will bx it with seeds I have from her.

1 Like