Growing With Mr.Sparkle : 2021

Really cool stuff going on in here, @Mr.Sparkle! I’m gonna tag along

3 Likes

Really enjoying this thread…thanks

4 Likes

Looking great. I love how clean your set up is. Looks like a lab man

4 Likes

I notice myself rotating them to match one another, since seeing here. Not quite as mr.SPARKLEy in there thou.

4 Likes

Day later… C9D’s wanting to be sunflowers or something, hopefully this STS works on the front plants no signs yet though.

24 Likes

Well it grew too tall so onto “Flopping”

For those who have never done this here are some quick pics on what i do, and its best to do this before a watering rather than after one as the plant is more malleable when low on water.

First pick a node where you want to have the top flopped over at, this is typically where the rest of the plant can catch up and make a more even canopy.

Next plan and think which way you want the top to flop over to typically this will be whatever direction that will allow that top to fill a hole of empty space or just to get down and out of the way with out blocking any side shoots till it pops back up.

Once i’ve determined that i pinch and crunch the stem for a couple centimetres worth typically causing the stem wall segments to split vertically and when flattened the flat of the now pinched stem will be perpendicular to the direction i want to lay the top over.

You usually have to massage and roll the stem a bit just to make it relatively limp so it stays down on its own and to avoid causing any snapping or horizontal stem damage which can be detrimental, also tucking the top below some lower fan leaves is a handy tip to help it stay down a bit longer as it has to work to get past them, if your plant is healthy and mid stretch it will be literally back up and going after your light source in a few hr to a day or two.

And here’s how the plant looks after being flopped, it will be back up in the next day or so and ill grab a picture then to show how it rebounds and the other side shoots start to fight for light.

36 Likes

Gréât explanation and pics @Mr.Sparkle , will certainly help those who haven’t tried this method before. Big thumbs up :+1: :+1:

I quite often tie the flopped top down to hold it horizontally to encourage equal growth.

Enjoying the new 21 journal too, keep it coming as we all learn a lot from you.

Cheers Johnny

10 Likes

I flopped a Spotted Lime Auto recently and tied it down. After 3 hours I saw she was already way up again.

20 Likes

Just shows you how resilient these plants can be. And also the apical dominance.

7 Likes

Excellent tutorial.
I have not seen better! :sunglasses: :+1: :tophat:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

As point to the flopping last night here is that plant this morning

On to the Wednesday update whether needed or not.

Left side doing alright, still working on spraying sts on the front two plants unsure on the left one just as its far enough along flower wise to cause issues with too much ethylene production.

Right side im gonna start plucking ripe pollen sacs and collecting the pollen, little ones doing decent and aligned somewhat all for @Shadey :wink: lol

21 Likes

You collect the pollin after you pluck the sacks? Interesting. I would imagine that would be less messy.

Got that note pad out of list of how to keep your space sparkly!

1 Like

well depends on what im doing if i have plants to pollinate i just pluck ripe and open/opening pollen sacs and dab and shake them over the target plants in this case though i dont have any plants i want to hit with this pollen so i’ll be collecting it for the time being and just pulling ripe pollen sacs as they occur other wise they are just gonna release on there own and it will become messy.

8 Likes

Makes sense. I haven’t dont any breeding projects yet but plan to this summer. I would like to bring my males indoors to finish and then bring the females inside to pollenate. Then back outside the female will go. Trying to keep it controlled as possible. I’ve been reading and taking notes here and there. Thanks for the help.

3 Likes

In this forum one could get a masters or even a doctorate in all things cannabis.

6 Likes

Seed Saturday made up three packs of the Posioned Rose x Cookie Devils this week to give away, so those that are interested leave a comment saying your interested before say 2pm PST which is a bit less than 5hrs from this post, and ill do my normal random selection by die or dice.

Now on to the Saturday update.

Left side ill start with they have all been hungry had to increase the frequency of watering to every 4hr from every 6 and i still may need to increase that running at around 1.6-1.7ec of feed water using megacrop and been running it around 6.4-6.5pH due to the acidic nature of the peat, the next group of plants ill have to modify that as i added some dolomite lime to the mix.

C9D’s STS sprayed one got too tall as well so had to flop that over and its working on some pollen sacs which are visible to me, im may up pot the back plant though thinking if it gets punted to the top chamber in the process it will just allow more seeds if i do so.

PRxCD’s hindsight for the STS sprayed plant is well due to it was already flowering i think i just came in too gentle at the start as i just didn’t know how the STS would handle being my first time using it, and probably should of sprayed daily for the first week just to build up the silver to knock back that ethylene production, as currently all spraying i have done has seem to have no effect and its starting to get along in age as well. So because that didn’t do as planned im gonna do a change up and hit that plant with the Darkspark Pollen instead leaving the back PRxCD to possibly just budout instead, its just the sts sprayed plant is the better one out of them.

Also update on how the C9D flopped plant looks, notice how the canopy of it has leveled out now, with very minimal work to do so, that main top will start taking over again but the other shoots will start filling out as well.

Right side, will be removing the pollen producing Darkspark today as i have collected enough pollen from it. The little ones are looking a little rough as they went dry yesterday as they had a missed watering due to me working 26hrs in the last two days… hopefully i have a quite uneventful weekend.

Also they may be a bit hungry as they have only gotten water to this point, so i gave them a feed watering this morning and will follow with plain water again and monitor.

25 Likes

Guess I’ll be the first to say I’m interested got a buddy that runs strictly autos and he’d be benefiting at getting them if I win .another great Saturday giveaway.

8 Likes

I’m definitely also interested!

3 Likes

People your sleeping mr sparkles beans are gems to grow and smoke .

4 Likes