Growing With Mr.Sparkle : 2021

trizzlers very cool sir and killing it as usual grats to you lucky folks as well have a great day

Bliss

1 Like

Congrats to the winners!! Thanks @Mr.Sparkle for the always nice giveaway!!

1 Like

I finally got to burn some of your CinderEvil!
The jar smalls so good! And the smoke cut straight through my tolerance! Burnt a little joint and was way more stoned than I expected/planned for. Good thing I was at work!

8 Likes

Well, at least you werenā€™t doing anything important then, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Day 65/2

Still likely 2 weeks out on seeds for this plant, as for seedlings guess thats what im getting this round, i will start some more seeds though as these will eventually be reduced down to 4 - 2 plants in the end, now what seeds to start thats the question .

Also could put all of them in one cabinet though have had fungus gnats in the older stuff so just holding off as long as i can though i have some mosquito dunks that arrived yesterday so will likely inoculate the next water fill for the older plant with that.

29 Likes

Always impressive!

1 Like

all of them :grin:

12 Likes

Agreedā€¦the moderate approachā€¦ :rofl:

4 Likes

@ReikoX lol now ya sounding like me cuz!

1 Like

New stramps, kinda cool

26 Likes

Send me something, so my wife can have a stamp. :rofl:. Iā€™ll make sure to put myself in the drawing next week. :+1:

She keeps saying, ā€œI want thoseā€, but I keep saying weā€™re not in Canada. Lol.

Those are gorgeous stamps! :green_heart:

4 Likes

Only 180,000 made the 1st set of Stamps

5 Likes

just stopping in to say heya Iā€™ve had issues with the gnat bastards myself to the point that under watering is now affecting the grow Iā€™ve tried the mosquito bits as well as captain Jackā€™s dead bug brew or whatever spinosad I guess tough to deal with the first time I had them after 5 years with no issues peroxide worked great but I was still getting the perpetual running its kind of hard with 16 plants in 3 gallon pots not counting a dozen 1 gallon breeding plants and the stuff in veg itā€™s tough is all also the mites are back for round 2 almost a year later so Iā€™m downsizing going to a monthly cycle instead of a weekly the Joyā€™s of growing right your cabs are rocking as usual anyway I hope the dunks work for you dirty gnat bastards lol such a pain have a great day

Bliss

5 Likes

Might I suggest coating the dry surface of soil. With Diatomaceous Earth.
They donā€™t eat it. When they try to crawl out of the soil , the DE acts as microscopic razor blades. It slices the insects abdomen and cause them to dehydrate and die.
Thatā€™s what I use anyways. As a plus, when you water it adds a bit of silica to the soil. Wait until itā€™s fairly dry on the surface and reapply. It needs to be dry to be effective.
I use DE a lot. I dust the undersides of leaves as well. Any crawling soft bodied insect will be affected. Just my opinion.

5 Likes

With top feed autowaters typically the top is never dry so DE has never really been an option, as for the gnats for the most part they are manageable at least when i can separate cycles this time it was just a combo of unhealthy plants, perpetual overly wet coco, that time of the season when they start to try and migrate from outdoors to in, and also some reused coco where they went to town in already.

So currently they are just in the old plant though not many as i kill them on sight or when they fly into the fan and i find there bodies and i have never tried mosquito dunks though if they work on the larvae stage and say work on a few other non intrusive pests then i only seeing myself using bits of them very occasionally as more of a maintenance thing.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve used, and still do use, for various things, DE itā€™s great! But, Like you said @Mr.Sparkle ā€¦ with the top moist/wet all the time it wonā€™t do the job. Have you tried Nematodes?
Hope you get them Fā€™ers whatever means you can! Iā€™ve heard good things about them dunks, and figured Iā€™d give them a try next time any showed up around my grow lol Let us know how they do for you.

2 Likes

Iā€™m curious about the dunks as well and I also use DE in my mix even and have used it to treat mites but itā€™s harder with the gnats the peroxide and mosquito bits and captain Jackā€™s all work but the last time I had 6 or 8 plants not like 30 and the issue with all of them is you do a soil drench and the plant is already not happy so itā€™s not up taking water like it should and if you dont get them all now all your plants are waterlogged and you have made it worse lol bugs

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using this in dtw coco. I had a bad gnat infestation and it has cleared it up well.

4 Likes

yeah same stuff in it ā€œBTIā€, up here though its kinda hard to get the stuff apart from mosquito dunks just cause of the potential waterway impact and well just insecticides

4 Likes

Those are so much better than the ones I got stuck with the other month. I almost feel bad sending them to people.