Growing with Mr.Sparkle : Trials & Progression 2020

Thats a VERY impressive haul from 75 watts!

6 Likes

I always enjoy watching your grows. Well done!

5 Likes

Gets me every time! Love what you do sir!

5 Likes

so very nice! so dry weight is 25-30 %, wow, you are approaching 2gr/W!!

3 Likes

The guys in white hazmat suits soon to follow. Think Star Wars. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Look Mr Sparkle aliens are scoping out the superior tech here :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Hah! Maybe I should just do that, everyone already knows Iā€™m a big freak around here! But Iā€™m a really useful freak, so it doesnā€™t matter. :nerd_face::lab_coat::boom::rofl:

Plus, everyone always wants a taste come harvest timeā€¦

4 Likes

usually i figure around 22% so 105g dry would be my guess

11 Likes

That was 2 plants mr sparkle ? Decent yield with low power .

2 Likes

4 plants in 400ml container under 75watts of bridgelux eb2 light, yeah it pretty decent for the limitations

12 Likes

The yield is also noteworthy in that it only took 54 days from sproutā€¦ Normally I think we see gpw as a metric for grows that take at least 70 days. Very nice :+1:

7 Likes

Wild that I think your containers are roughly the same size as a solo cup. (A lot of people have no conception of size in ml). Nice harvest!

4 Likes

Very nice yield consdering pot size, lights and time :+1:

3 Likes

I have to up my game Iā€™m only getting half an ounce out of a one gallon container in a 4 by 4 tent. I guess growing in soil I have to find that sweet spot size of container and size of plant to get the max yeild :thinking::grin::dash::+1:

6 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever grown in less than three gallon pots when I was growing in soil. Even then, I kinda wished I had room to go bigger :wink:

7 Likes

i have grown in soil and soilless mixes ā€œpeatā€ in pop bottles in the past those being cut 1 liter and 710ml pop bottles drgreengenes style but you always had to supplement feed, cant say ive tried it in the size im growing now, but i do want to try some promix again.

7 Likes

Also now that im back i deseeded the GT2xSBR plant for some (GT2xSBR)x(GSCxDD) seeds about 500 of them but gonna have to come up with some shorter names for all of them as iā€™m tired of typing out the crosses, and ended up with 110g of bud all said and done between those 4 plants on the 75watt side, the little jar is just remnants of the de-seeded bud i make some resin from, probably the fate of the others too.

now i need to start some new seedsā€¦

26 Likes

Beautiful beans. Legend you are.

Questions for your breeding expertise. I have some regular autos going (non-feminized) and expect some males. If I collect pollen and then pollenate a branch of a feminized auto what would I expect from the seeds?

What if a photoperiod male is the pollinator? Some risk of losing the auto genes?

2 Likes

Thereā€™s some good info about that topic buried in this thread about the origins of mephisto genetics. Page 28, etc.

5 Likes

if its auto pollen on auto plant then it will be an auto, if it was from a male auto they would be regulars auto seeds that are created, only pollen from a reversed female will create feminized seed whether auto or not.

As for non auto pollen ā€œphotoperiodā€, all of the offspring in the first generation will be photoperiods, only in the 2nd gen will 25% of the offspring be autos, and 100% if two autos are crossed further for a third genā€¦

11 Likes