Growing with Mr.Sparkle : Trials & Progression 2020

somewhat dialed in, and RPxSBR and GT2xSBR are some seeds from Reiko, Red Poison and Ghost Toof, both crossed to a Sugar Black Rose, all autos of course, but those plants got hit with some GDCxDD pollen, so will be interesting to see the outcome.

As for CS spray honestly a triple 9v battery setup works pretty good and is the most basic form, but i find plant age and whats being sprayed being more crucial in success, so if you can dedicate an entire plant to it, do so as the apical bud is the one you really want to hit, and you want to start spraying before it starts to think about flowering so for me thats typically around week 2.5 or so

7 Likes

Those crosses sound interesting. Iā€™m going to one day try to get some Mephisto Genetics but with them only having one form of payment processing and constantly closing stores cause theyā€™re out of stock etcā€¦ makes it a little tricky hopefully that will change some day.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m moving to a triple 9V set up with a resistor to regulate the amps and Iā€™ve also added speaker terminals to the circuit so they hold the silver rods. No soldering required all put together with pre-made alligator clips and wire. The speaker terminal is mounted to popsicle sticks.

I will start spraying at 15 days this time and do a whole plant just so I get a handle on how it all works then try selfing later on down the track once Iā€™ve been able to reverse a couple of plants.

5 Likes

Day 68/48

Well chopped down the seeded RPxSBR yesterday, and defoliated the right side not that it was needed, so here are the weekend shots of whats left.

25 Likes

Lookinā€™ good Mr.S!..as per usual. I was going through some internets and read that dark devil has a lot of Pakistani in it. I was not aware of this.
Keep fighting the good fight!

3 Likes

i would say very highly likely specifically pakistani citrial kush

4 Likes

Man you grow some great looking autos. One of these days I need to dig deeper into the dark sparks Iā€™ve got .

3 Likes

Mephisto is insanely popular. In your experience @mr.sparkle are there other breeders that sell seeds who you think compare? Seems like mixed reviews on fastbuds and dutch passion is well aged in the game but perhaps not as exciting as mephisto. Iā€™m really after reliability and flavor, yield isnā€™t my focus. I want to order my first auto seeds and doing some research.

5 Likes

Sweet seeds and mephisto would be my top two choices, i know @ReikoX likes another but its escaping me at the moment

13 Likes

Delicious Seeds.

14 Likes

Did some de-seeding and sorting on the RPxSBR buds today so should have right around 750 of some (RPxSBR)x(GSCxDD) seeds going by weight.

25 Likes

Damn, well done!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a fair haul. Iā€™m hoping in my next attempt to get at least 10 :laughing:

6 Likes

Day 71/51

Been feeding straight water and gave them all a couple decent flushes not that i usually do that and defoliated more just trying to get them to start shutting down a bit quicker. They all have till friday then thats it for them. Early for right hand side but they get no choice in the matter.

21 Likes

Oh my god I finally got all caught up in here! :sweat_smile:
Beautiful work as always sir!

Now I just gotta finish catching up on all the other threads Iā€™m way behind on. Like @ReikoXā€™s workshop build. Or @Gpawā€™s phase 2 thread. Or that crazy can that @Instg8ter is building. I donā€™t know where to even start with @Shadeyā€™s fuckin 1000+ post thread.

You cats are amazing, but I kinda hate you all just a little bit cuz I do not have time to take a whole week off work just to get caught up on Overgrow!

16 Likes

you scroll quickly looking at pictures and stopping at what interests you :wink: , so many threads so little timeā€¦ lol

12 Likes

Should I tell him about my 1500+ post Workshop thread? :joy:

15 Likes

Well, thereā€™s my day gone. :wink:

12 Likes

Did you not see it on my list there? I just forgot it was 1500+ :flushed:

So then, I guess, allow me to rephrase thatā€¦

I donā€™t even know how Iā€™m supposed to get any gardening done with @ReikoXā€™s dammn rebuild to catch up on.

Need a week off from work to catch up, HA! As if that would be enough. Nope, Iā€™m screwed, really Iā€™m never getting caught up unlessā€¦
Wellā€¦
If I stop taking my allergy meds for a few days, then just rail up some big awful lines of ground pepper right before i go in, Iā€™ll be sneezing so hard theyā€™ll send me home to quarantine for 2 weeks! :thinking::sob:

I suppose calling in with the plague to stay home and read overgrow would be in pretty poor taste thoughā€¦ :confused:

5 Likes

Just do what I do, one screen up with OG, one up with work. Whenever I get bored of work, I read OG for 15 mins. A few weeks later and youā€™ll catch up on those threads!

10 Likes

Day 54 from sprout.

All the time i have so they got the chop this morning, ended up with 480g wet from 75watts of light at 18/6, so decent considering chopped early and definitely pot size kept them small, will be acquiring and running bigger pots whenever i do a yield run next, these were more just to see what these seeds held so considering out of 400ml pots its about average for what i get root volume vs final yield goes.

31 Likes