Growing with Mr.Sparkle : Trials & Progression 2020

If your seeing pollen sacs now they will start increasing as it effects the new growth or growth to come, but also is more a take over and you will see the plants still producing calyxes and pistal’s along side pollen sacs. Typically the earlier you are at spraying the quicker the changeover and more dense the pollen sacs are, as if say the plant is already throwing calyxes it takes awhile to change over vs giving it no choice. Like my one right now I left it alone too long and probably old CS isn’t helping, plus my sporadic spraying allowed it to go full female which then your trying to fight to suppress ethylene production to get the male bits…

10 Likes

OK thanks, I started spraying every 10 days, 2 times before I flipped them, I was hoping to remove the branch before they start dropping pollen, and keep it separate, they are 15 days from flip atm, and I have been spraying every 5 days now since flip.Will it have a negative impact or just waste the STS if I up that to every 2 or 3 days?

4 Likes

well with sts you only have to spray a couples times and usually it works like your probably good now so you could probably stop spraying with it or limit it down to once a day or every 2 day if you don’t, CS though you spray every day, and a couple times a day if you wanted till you start seeing pollen sacs then you stop.

But consider the plant needs to continue growing in order to produce said pollen sacs as sometimes depending on the plants condition and what is sprayed “apical or side shoot” and how often your spraying the growth gets stalled out and thats not what we want.

11 Likes

Thanks man.I will hold fire for a bit and see how she develops :slight_smile:

4 Likes

All good info I’ll soon be using thanks guys.

6 Likes

Same, loving the knowledge being dropped.

4 Likes

This is basically how I feel about OG! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Welp, here goes a lot of reading!

1 Like

only if you want too, a lot of mumbling and direction changes, better to look at pics and then read what piques your interest, and i have no issues answering any questions if i can answer them or provided my experience in things

6 Likes

Day 25/20/14

Took out two plants on the right side, may take out a couple more this week, just selections and there not doing anything for me was a trial and discovery run with them anyways. All kinda on the smaller end comparably for the time they have been growing but whatever. Also made up a fresh batch of CS last night and started spraying one of the PRCD’s as it stem and leaf colors are kinda cool.

Thats about it.

and a bonus close up shot just cause i was playing

23 Likes

Beautiful close up shot!

Cheers
G

4 Likes

That’s what i was just thinking too, nice work dude

1 Like

Gorgeous macro

1 Like

Day 27/22/16

Thinned down some plants as im only looking for purple and non mutant “regular growth structure” plants with the dark devils and just to see how this branch expresses. Swapped the PRCD on the right side with one from the right cab as it was stretching decently so wanted to give it more room. Also upped the reservoirs up to 1.7ec at 5.7pH just to see as i was noticing some spotting on some leaves.

Also to note one of the Cookie devils in the promix is just well small looks healthy though which they all do, just one of them is small, other than that i will probably start culling a few more plants those being the dark devils most likely just so i can spread them out, really this is just to see expressions as i take off in a couple weeks and whatever is still around by then will just get thrown on the patio till i get back.

19 Likes

We all know how i like to simplify things if i can… But let me drop these comparison pics that have me intrigued.

So first we have these Coco plants from 6 days ago at day 16 for them, photo cropped just to make it easier to compare.

And here we have some plants in Promix Potting Mix at day 16 ignoring the small one as i have no idea on that one but that usually occurs if some tap root damage happens early and yes they are in larger containers but at this age wouldn’t matter much.

The difference is only water so far for the promix plants… Now if they can go the whole grow without needing anything, you may see me going lazier.

19 Likes

Which promix are you using? Most of it is just peat and perlite, so I wouldn’t expect much more than 3-4 weeks of water only with that.

3 Likes

My guess based on the name would be this: https://amzn.to/3kpvo8F

“Contains A Slow Release Fertilizer That Feeds For Up To 9 Months”

Is that right?

2 Likes

Promix potting mix, its peat and coco but also on the package says feeds up to 9 months, so if it lasts 2+ then well…

Has a slow release pelletized nutrient in it just fyi
and yep that stuff ^^^ @Howard.Crane posted

6 Likes

Okay that makes more sense. Water only sure makes things easy, even if yields are a little less for the same pot size.

5 Likes

Well and thats the thing compared to the canna coco i normally buy per volume this is 1/2 the price, so if i cant yield as much per same volume vs coco then whos to say i cant increase my pot size to achieve that as i can double my container volume and its would be the same cost.

Its $18cnd for a 85L liter bag, Canna coco is $25cnd for 50L

9 Likes