Guaranteed the Feds are going to legalize

you just need lawyer.
you can be arrested for anything. cop doesn’t like your blue shirt, arrested. they can hold you for a day or so too.
you can go to jail for anything.
they cannot sentence for all that though
you can lose your bud, grow equipment, etc.
you can try to prove it is not mj.
your lawyer will tell you to just leave it alone and let him get the evidence thrown out as it doesn’t incriminate you

you may have a hemp authority. mine says if you grow hot hemp you have to have a plan as to how you will not grow hot hemp. then if you fail, you make another plan. if you don’t have a license not much happens, but you can get shut down. feds may have a different opinion on your hemp, but they don’t share the legal states opinions on growing anyway.

the wild west of weed. tons of laws, also no laws.

2 Likes

That is Big Fat Nope!!!

2 Likes

i’m not arguing, it’s semantics at this point and neither of us knows anything for sure.

@splinter7 did not know that, thanx. i’ve been wondering how they get away with selling it calling it industrial cannabis. i have a vested interest in it also, since i am planning on taking advantage of it. thanx a lot for that.

@ColeLennon when it is illegal, you know it and so does everyone else. when you get caught doing it, it is a fairly stable penalty, depending on how much money you have, what color your skin is, etc. when it is decriminalized, that’s all out the window. pay to play, and heaven help you if they have it in for your kind that week. if you want to ensure staying legal, just grease the right wheels, but that applies in both cases. i prefer to deal with illegality straight up than half-assed whatever they feel like at the time. but that is mostly semantics and anecdotal experiences. it differs everywhere.

1 Like

well, read the farm bill of 2018. it was the sweetest thing ever. it is very specific in what is defined as MJ. if the dry weight content of a cannabis product is less than 0.3xx percent delta9thc it is not MJ. if you have ever been to a dispo that has some of the chemical content, you might notice delta9 content. well, look closely, lots of buds don’t have that much delta9. it’s all thca which doesn’t convert unless heated or aged a long time…decarboxylation.

texas made similar bill for the state that mimics the federal one.

congress is trying to make a new farm bill that takes this loophole away.

one caveat, there is something related to origin of hemp vs. mj. the DEA, regarding seeds, said the origin part isn’t important. my speculation is it is impossible to prove, so it’s moot.

on reddit, there is a sub called Cutlofthefranklin that is focused on thca bud. it’s been sold for a couple years now. they sell it next to the police station at a brick and mortar …in Texas no less.

only delta9 percent is controlled federally. other forms of thc are not unless a state has regulations on it. for edibles it makes little difference. they were selling those first, because 30 gram brownie can have 900mg of delta9. totally legal in texas.

2 Likes

Except that I do… and you’re totally wrong. You can look at the sources I provided you with or not, but it won’t change the facts.

1 Like

there is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD8qiWXrFQE

cookies understand what is legal. it’s their business to understand.

1 Like

those are the “facts”, aka what they want to let you see, not the facts.

1 Like

Let’s just hope they use HPLC to test the bud. If they use GC, then it will all get decarboxylated when the column heats up anyway. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

so…i think a small sample gets tested once on the mother plant or periodically and they get a COA. just like bud sold at dispos (most of us don’t believe those either) then they just produce and put the original coa in each delivery (or a qr code). i very highly doubt all of what ends up in the mailbox is still legal hemp. i also think some of the coas are not real. i

once i got some bud that didn’t actually meet the hemp criteria…it even said in the coa it was over 0.3%. it’s too hard to enforce and there are so many outs for the vendor.

when NY legalized, eighthorses hemp had to shut down for a few weeks to get recertified. so, they are regulated but likely not too much.

1 Like

I believe the tax act of 1937 was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in the Leary case of 1969. The Controlled Substances Act in 1971 on the surface appears to be a quick replacement for the changed view on the tax act, but it’s likely that there is more than meets the eye. It’s likely that the 1971 act was a twofer, so to speak, in that it helped replace and strengthen the intended purpose of tax act that Leary successfully contested, while also fulfilling obligations to the United Nations Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 1961, this is where cannabis was scheduled 1 and 4. Schedule 4 being reserved for substances already on schedule 1 with the added context of propensity for abuse, that it’s liabilities are not offset by it’s therapeutic benefits. This placed more restrictions on cannabis from a global perspective than if it were just schedule 1 alone.

It’s interesting to note, like etymology, the progression of things. How they originated. Where they formed.

It’s interesting to note that cannabis was dropped from United States pharmacopoeia in 1941, while Britain had dropped it from their pharmacopoeia nearly a decade earlier in 1932. It’s also interesting to note that when writing the language for the 1937 tax act, the nomenclature used was marihuana instead of the more commonly known terms like cannabis or Indian hemp. Surely trying to pull a fast one on those whose livelihoods it would inevitably be affecting as pointed out by Dr. Woodward of the American Medical Association in 1937:

In other words, marihuana is not the correct term. It was the use of the term “marihuana” rather than the use of the term “Cannabis” or the use of the term “Indian hemp” that was responsible, as you realized, probably, a day or two ago, for the failure of the dealers in Indian hempseed to connect up this bill with their business until rather late in the day.

Rulers and those in positions of power have tried to leverage the reduced accessibility of cannabis against it’s people since antiquity.

Soudoun Sheikouni, the Emir of the Joneima in Arabia, outlawed the use of cannabis across his jurisdiction. Sheikouni’s prohibition is one of the earliest, if not the earliest, attested cannabis ban in the world.

@buckaroobonsai it’s interesting to note that Anslinger was married to the niece of Andrew Mellon, appointed secretary of Treasury that served under three different sitting presidents. Same dude that had a significant financial interest in Old Overholt Rye, a liquor company that he eventually granted exception to the Volstead Act. Same dude that also helped finance DuPont. Same dude that owned Gulf Oil. Everything touches. It seems they were protecting their investments through regulatory action.

On a lighter note, on December 2, 2020, during its reconvened 63rd session, the Commission on Narcotic Drugs voted to withdraw “cannabis and cannabis resin” from Schedule IV of the Single Convention. It’s wild to consider the lasting effects some individuals have had on the culture of humanity. Limiting access to a plant that has been with mankind for mellenia to protect ones financial interests is a supreme dishonor. In turn, it makes the community here and the essence of spirit behind Overgrow culturally significant and in my opinion quite honorable. Much love

9 Likes

Civil disobedience is a duty.

7 Likes

It’s been said that we have a moral obligation to disobey unjust laws. Much love

4 Likes

I’m not sure you’re even making sense any more, but whatevs.

Note that the Tax Act wasn’t judged unconstitutional as an invalid exercise of Congressional power, but because it required individuals to self-incriminate themselves in order to be compliant with the act, and because the act imputed knowledge to the individual (that the cannabis they possessed was illegally imported).

2 Likes

Just to get the prior Commerce Clause talk back into relevance to the subject at hand, see SCOTUS’s decision in Gonzales v Raich:

2 Likes

The actual savings was likely most realized in the number of lives, accidents, vehicle and property damage saved. Vehicles were less roadworthy than those of today. It was also the time of inspection stations where your vehicle had to be approved to be on the road.

The quote you partially cited was about reducing gas consumption, not economic savings.

So because this is the smokers lounge.You coming at me over a wikipedia quote that is not relevant to the OP makes me wonder if you have a political axe to grind or stock in the oil companies.

You quoted me, making it look like a wikipedia entry I posted a link to was something I had said, with a comment about the wikipedia entry… and completely missed the point of my actual post (which was about the supremacy of federal law - specifically reiterating for the umpteenth time that there was at one time a national speed limit, and that courts upheld congress’ authority to make such a law).

Moreover, all of the originally went back to an earlier post I had made about federal legalization… that they were unlikely to simply legalize without putting a national regulatory scheme in place, and that it might effect current state laws in ways people might not like (e.g. banning homegrows).

1 Like

Your reply is a post in isolation that appears to say that the fuel savings was negligible. So it sounds like a pro gas point of view. It is a wiki quote and I asked where the numbers you quoted came from. You can’t find the source. It should be flagged frankly as supporting the gas economy and fossil fuels in a my POV and without pproof