Guaranteed the Feds are going to legalize

I was watching a movie last night and this line really resonated with me: Money and power are going to the same place they always go - to those who already have it.

4 Likes

Freight brokers for metric tons of cannabis. Maybe not metric tons but a fuckin lot.

This is exactly why Oregon decriminalized less than an ounce in 1973

We have an interesting journey as a state with Cannabis laws.

That’s crazy! I pay an average of $30 an 8th for cresco and 15 an 8th for anything gti here in PA. Cresco was one of the best when the program started a few years back but them and gti have definitely been slacking for close to a year now.

1 Like

someone hasn’t heard of the supremacy clause. article VI, clause 2.

@splinter7 pretty sure thca is still federally illegal and as such cannot be transported across state lines, even from a legal state to another legal state. i am not a lawyer though and could be wrong. due to the part in the constitution i posted above i doubt it though, and unless they changed in the past two years, it is still a crime they win in court. i have references of folks who have done time for it if you want to ask them how legal it is. may have to write a letter though.

@ColeLennon decrim is worse than having it illegal. pay to play is allowing you to do what you can afford to do. like rich folks who pay fines and never see the inside of a jail cell they so richly deserve. pun very much intended.

I was going to say “We don’t have a national speed limit” but apparently that hasn’t always been the case. In 1974 Congress passed a law that set the national speed limit at 55. In the 80s they increased that to 65 in rural areas, and in 1995 they repealed the law and gave states the power to set their own speed limits again.

they always had the power to set their own speed limits but they lost federal tax dollars if it wasn’t set at 55mph.

2 Likes

Someone doesn’t understand that there are limits to the supremacy clause.

1 Like

This is the headline from a June 1995 NYT article on the repeal of the national speed limit:

“Senate Gives Right to Set Speed Limits Back to States”

And the first paragraph:

“The Senate today approved a bill that would permit states to set their own highway speed limits for cars and repeal penalties for states that allow motorcyclists to ride without helmets.”

Amen :pray::pray::joy:

2 Likes

It’s all be said before ___________________ “The Times they are a changing” song by Bob Dylan 1969

and surely you believe every word of what they write, correct? they’ve never gotten one wrong or used the incorrect terminology? like in this case,

and @rasterman the limits are what the feds say they are, and when they are questioned, they go to scotus to settle it. so yes, there are limits, and they are whatever they are at the time. it varies so widely and is so fluid that they are effectively not there at all. just like any other “right” that is “guaranteed” by the constitution, that poor failed document so many swear by, they are mere words. for example, women had a “right” to bodily autonomy until a bunch of crooks took it way, aka a bought and paid for scotus decision.

@sfzomvmbie13 I don’t disagree completely, and will refrain from answering further except to say that state legislatures can do much to assert states’ rights that they don’t choose to do.

1 Like

Why does nobody see the truth???
How about they repeal the unjust laws currently in place.
Why should they do this.
First off, the law is unjust and it was put in place based on lies.
Lies like cannabis has no medical uses.

Stop perpetuating the lies, we now know enough to know they lied to us and the laws based on those lies are completely unjust.

The best answer is to repeal the unjust laws that were based on lies.
How is that not the answer every time is beyond me.

Good folks are being jailed under false pretenses by unjust laws that are based on lies.
That is 100% the truth, why do we still tolerate the lies and unjust laws?

6 Likes

I’m not really sure why you’re continuing to argue this point. There was a federal law, adopted by Congress and signed by the President, from the 1970s to the 1990s that set a national speed limit. Courts have generally upheld Congress’ power to make laws, and have recognized the validity of the Commerce Clause and the Necessary and Proper clause.

https://www.findlaw.com/litigation/legal-system/the-supremacy-clause-and-the-doctrine-of-preemption.html

Of course there are limits, but I wouldn’t describe the situation as as fluid and nebulous as you are. The long history of constitutional interpretation is sometimes more informative than the words by themselves

More on the NMSL repeal:

Article about the 9th Circuit upholding NMSL constitutionality:

Relevant portion from UPI article:

The court said Congress may set a national speed limit under its authority to regulate interstate commerce.

‘That it chose to enact a lesser restraint, by cutting off highway funds to states unwilling to adopt the designated limit, does not render its actions unconstitutional,’ it said.

Any changes in the 55 mph restriction must come from Congress, not the courts, the judges said.

And if you want to dig even deeper, here’s the 9th Circuit’s decision. The relevant discussion of the constitutionality of the NMSL is in sections III and IV.

1 Like

this kind of oversight just tears up the page we’re all on.

I doubt Congress will do much about legalization unless there’s some political advantage to them. So far they seemingly don’t care about public sentiment.

1 Like

This is already the case for CBD Hemp where I live. Legal at the federal level, but I can’t grow it at home. Only a licensed operation can and if I get caught I get charged as if it were full on weed. How’s that taste? Literally charge you with something you’re not doing but looks close enough. Wtf

5 Likes

it is not federally illegal. delta9 at over 0.3xx percent is.
this company is great.

this one is ok, but cheaper most of the time:

will get you high like normal bud, because it is normal bud.

2 Likes