Guerrila Outdoor Grow in Portugal

Get the sand aways back from the surf line … if it rains a decent amount I’d say the sand would be ok to use .

1 Like

Get a fan on them as soon as possible a nice gentle flow should work!

2 Likes

They’re outside currently, wind is doing that part of the job, I tried to do some holes with a toothpick in the soil to improve aeration, maybe that will help too. If I can atleast save the other 7, it’s already good for me. I still have some more nepali temple left to pop up.

2 Likes

@George Thanks, yeah it was def root rot. I had done all those things. I have a 4 port airpump the one port went bad. Time for a new one.

4 Likes

Hi guys, I’m sorry for the lack for updates but I’ve been really busy lately and luckily the plants have access to water so there’s no need for that. Almost 1 month since I’ve done an update like this one. Probably the next updates will also be scarce, but that’s how we planned it since the beginning. We decided to have many spots less secure but closer than having the one I talked about in the first posts of this thread, simply because corona destroyed our chances to do so and since the plants have water source from the small water streams, we are also trying to stay away from them, it’s something like if it goes well, it goes well, if someone finds it, then fuck it, we atleast tried. So from the 8 seedlings I had shown a week ago, only 4 survived :cry: but we transplanted them all, and the others two plants that were already in that spot are doing really well, of course a spot with more sun and better quality soil would help them more, but if they end up with something for a low effort, it’s definitely worth it. Some pics for you.
Tiger Jack

Nepali Temple (this one had many problems showing when we transplanted but seems to be recovering finally :smile: )

Group pic

And group pic with names

Big transformation since the last time we’ve been there, vegetation is going wild.

And for last in this area, in a different spot, a Tiger Jack, let’s see if it can survive.

Now for the other spots, I still don’t have any pic from the other small stream, which I think there’s only a maui alive there doing great, but we’re planning to transplant there 2 or 3 more plants, ofc they won’t have much veg time but maybe still give something. So what I have to show you is the auto’s spot, some pics here are a week+ old but you can have an idea on how it’s going.
For the older pics, a maui sunshine which I think it’s a female, and it seems leaning towards the sativa side.

And a nepali temple, way more indica.

For last, the autos which always have bug problems, idk why. The photoperiods seem to be immune to bugs, and these autos just get eaten. Already sprayed them with neem but I think it’s again slugs or caterpillars. The yellow stuff around them is cover crop seeds, not an insecticide or something like that.
Amnesia Haze 1

Amnesia Haze 2

Moby Dick 1, bugs prefer the dick over the amnesia.

Moby Dick 2

And our fallen moby dick, completely eaten by something.

For the very last pic, I would want to ask you, if you can identify the animal that has this type of poop (sorry for showing you poop, but I need help to be sure) in order to see what’s been around the spot.

Thanks for being around and helping me again trying to grow my own medicine, I really appreciate all of you that share your experience with me. Hope you are all doing well and stay safe guys.

6 Likes

Looks like you found good spots, they’re doing fine Arriba|nullxnull . Still don’t understand why don’t you spread around some poison beat for slugs and snails icon_e_confused|nullxnull .

According to structure and density empollon|nullxnull that poo doesn’t belong to an herbivore (which is a good notice for your plants), if you think about sheep, goats and horses, they are light and round. Also not from a :boar: or human, so wouldn’t worry about it … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The pics of the autos were taken by my friend, I didn’t have any chance yet to go there and spread some poison. He told me he will try to do use the beer method to kill some. By any chance do you think the poop belongs to a dog or a fox? I’ve already seen foxes there when I go really early before the sun comes up. Thanks for being around my friend!

1 Like

Beer is a good trick, but it should be covered with a tile or something so it doesn’t get watered. I googled fox shit images and they are not like that :joy:, I think they are not recent, could be from a big dog. Here’s one old from mine, I let nature and bugs do their thing and they finally disappear, good food for my lawn … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Sup guys. Sorry for the long absence, been busy and I’ve only checked the autos spot, probably gonna have to get wet soon to feed some guano to the photoperiods in the water streams but yeah when that happens I’ll update this again. For now we’ve some flowering happening. Sadly, not even close to the autos that we had last year but that’s because this ones get way less water, conditions were different. The others were some monsters compared to these. Probably they could’ve take advantage of some more nitrogen too, but here they are.

This one got really affected by the bugs, and that hole you can see near her, I think it was made by a fox. Many appear there during the morning.

Some of the girls have big bites in their leaves, I wonder which animal does such bites. The photoperiods aren’t affected only the autos, I don’t understand that too.
Here is the maui sunshine, looking really good

and here is the nepali temple, she’s showing some signals of being unhappy, but I can’t figure out what she needs.

Here is the dying leaves before they were dying
If you have any idea of the issue, please share it with me :smiley:
Also how long do you think the autos have until they are harvested?
Thanks for your visit and your help guys. Hope you have a great day. Stay safe!

13 Likes

Ohh the troubles we face when doing outdoors just comes with the territory, as for the auto once they start flowering its 8-9 weeks just like photos but there are strains that are shorter just have to look at the color … hole was probably done by coyotes or fox trying to get at the goodies in the soil would be my guess

Nepali just looks a tad thirsty to me kinda looks droopy color seems really dark green has it been getting something different?

Plants with chewed leaves are insects hoppers would be my guess but I’m not sure what type of bugs you have there

4 Likes

Hi @SpikPT, your grow looks good, you are going to get some nice bud from those girls!

Cheers
G

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle They have been getting everything equally, which is only water and in small amounts. She’s definitely darker than the others but I dont know why. I havent use any fertilizer, only the mix itself. Maybe that specific part of the mix had more compost or something like that? Idk. Maybe She just needs some more water, temps are really high, Next days around 40 degrees celsius, which is 104 fahrenheit. Summer is getting hotter every year. For the insects yes we have hoppers here but I didnt know they could do such big bites but yeah probably hoppers are guilty. Luckily they dont like the photoperiods. Thanks for the visit man!
@Gpaw thanks for the words man, I hope!

4 Likes

The Nepali looks to be in more shade I have some in my back yard that get only 6-8 hours of sun then shade for the rest of the day ironically they are much darker than the ones that are in full sun .

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry as long as leaf conditions are only at the bottom 1/3 of the plant. Most likely just moving nutrients around itself. The photos look healthy. Id suggest looking into ways to repel the leaf eaters because they’ll run out of food eventually and those photos will be the only thing with green on it… But maybe I’m just paranoid lol I’ve had some bad big disasters lol. Also sometimes you can get weird discoloration on leaves from water droplets sticking around and the sun burning the leaves through magnification in the droplets. I hope things finish nicely for you :v:

4 Likes

:v: @SpikPT I’d say your autos are nearly done, maybe 2 weeks more(without knowing the start date), and the bigger the bite, the bigger the animal-- you have attracted stoner :fox_face:s and may have a new gardening dilemma. :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Damn stoner foxes😀. Looking good brother!!! Stay safe and happy smoking soon!

2 Likes

The idea of a guerrila grow here in Portugal seems great, but the summer heat really takes a toll on the plants :s i was thinking of starting my own project when spring starts Next year, but it really has been difficult thinking of a way to order some seeds in a way they dont get stuck in customs or that doesnt compromisse me in case it is somehow found out. Ive been looking at some stealth shipment options, but still with possibly 3 years in jail for getting seeds comes the question of how to do it safely xD

3 Likes

Hi Pedro, welcome to OG, there are safe ways to stealth seeds while sending them, I use corrugated plastic, they go inside and are not easy to detect. Stay around and you will finish having good strains for next spring … beer3|nullxnull

7 Likes

Thanks George! I’ve actually atarted doing some research on the topic of stealth packaging but found very little online (perhaps its appropriated that there isnt much information about it).
Anyway im looking forward to learning the ropes with all of you!

6 Likes

From all the methods tested this is the best I tried so far, you put cotton sticks with the proper size so the seeds doesn’t rattle inside, stick them between two postcards in a normal envelope and it is hard to detect. PM me when spring is near and I will send you some seeds, I’m in Spain so no problemo … :sunglasses:

8 Likes