Gumbert's First Grow Log -- FRANKENSTEIN

I think they are doing well… Take a close look and tell me what you think.

9 Likes

Good morning brothas :coffee: :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

looking healthy & happy! that’s what counts

1 Like

Good morning Gumbert :slightly_smiling_face: and OG :slightly_smiling_face:…33 C temp with Rh below 40% and my sixth day without coffee after a romance of 25 years :green_heart:
Experiencing extreme fatique some of it is because of the heat and sleeplessness along with migrane type headaches …body tightness …disorientation and mild visual hallucinations.
Enjoy your coffee have a nice day :v:

1 Like

YIKES!!

I went 2 days once back in the 70’s… Worst headache of my life, thought I was having a stroke. I assume this is something you want to do opposed to something being told to do. Anyway, good luck on your quest.

Today is my 7th day with no Duloxetine… So far day 5 was the worst so hoping it gets even better today. The doc said withdrawal could take up to 3 weeks. I pray he is wrong.

My ability to think and concentrate has improved greatly in just 7 days, this is mainly what I am after.

Hav a great rest of the weekend!

9 Likes

Hang in there @Gumbert. I have been on the duloxetine, and the pregabalin for at least the last five years. Late last year I just got fed up with taking all of the meds and decided to try and get away from them. Now I am only taking blood pressure medicine with the occasional pain med. But overall taking much less medication and I feel better for it. I know it’s tough but you’re halfway there. You can do it.

4 Likes

good morning @Gumbert and OG! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

have a great start into the week ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good morning :sunny: @Gumbert

1 Like

Wake up! @Gumbert We’re Good morning-ing over here! :crazy_face: Good morning, bud! Have a great week! :fist:t3:🪶🪶

2 Likes

Been There
Done That…

(Dark-Side of the Moon in Quadrophonic)

Spectacular Audio experience !

• still shaking my head at Roger Waters re-mix of that album
4 Likes

Morning Gumbert. Hope you have a good day.

1 Like

Good morning @Gumbert, have a nice Monday.:peace_symbol:

1 Like

Good morning @Gumbert ! Good on you bro! Keep your eyes on the prize. I know I feel 100% better now that I’m clean of the poison I was on for almost 20 years.

2 Likes

@MoBilly , @Greenfingers , @BigMike55 , @MissinBissin @NDNCHILD , @Golfnutt @m0sirys , @JohnnyPotseed
Good morning everybody, boy we do have some early risers here huh? That’s great, I should have been up at least 2 hours ago but I was sleeping sooooo good.

Today is day 9 off the duloxetine and each day seems to be a little easier but the brain zaps are still there. Day 5 was the worst day of all having hundreds of them. Yesterday maybe 100. I need those to be history by Thursday, need to drive 2 hours to VA facility for Podiatry.

Enough about that shitty part…

The Frankie sisters grew about 3/4 of an inch last night and are looking super healthy. I am trying to decide wehat size pot to move them into next. I have 2.5 gallon double pots, 3 gallon, 5 gallon and 15 gallon grow bags in stock. Any suggestions?

Here they are this morning.

I need some music to get things moving here this mornin.

How about a little ZZ TOP!

Let’s Get This Week STARTED!!

15 Likes

I’d start by putting those pretty little gals into 6" pots. The when they get big enough, you can move em into the bigger pots.

5 Likes

I assume those double cups are to catch run off water.
And you have drainage holes in the bottom of the inside cup.
I usually use clear cups inside so I can monitor root growth.
But when the roots start coming out the drain holes by about an inch or two, that’s when I put them in a 1 or 2 gallon plastic nursery pot.
Then up pot again into their forever homes. I use Five gallon.

But you do seem to be on the right track there bro. GET THERE.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have 6 inch pots on order from Amazon that should be here Friday for the greenhouse. How many moves do you make before the final grow out pot? Also, do you finish up at 5 gallon or larger. (Frankie)

2 Likes

Just the one intermediate move, then into their final home of whatever big pot you want.

2 Likes

Thats a very good idea to use clear cups inside!

Yeah, the inner cups have drainage in the bottom corners. I like to measure runoff and also water seedlings from the bottom.

Is the first grow always so slow? LOL this old fart is dying to try this stuff and make sure it works!

I really don’t recall the last time I smoked a joint or had a hit from a bong…. It was probably back in the 70s when I was on the road playing Rock & Roll music all up and down the Easter Seaboard. Lord what a time I can hardly remember and try not to…

Hope you and your bride are well.

3 Likes

It does seem like the first grow takes forever. But, really its only about 5 months.
You will love the outcome tho.

On those cups. The clear ones just give me a nice view of the roots as they grow down. I like it but not necessary. The roots will eventually come out the drain holes. If you made your holes big enuff. I usually make three holes about 3/16 wide. That way, the roots have plenty of space to come out, plus she you go to up pot, it will be much easier to get the roots out of the holes without screwing them up. I also put a pebble in the bottom of the outside cup to keep the bottom from sitting in any run off water.
This is just me. You play by your own rules. That’s why its fun. Everyone does it different and no one is best. Its what works best for you.

6 Likes