Gumbert's First Grow Log -- FRANKENSTEIN

@Gumbert, on you hoophouse with your base poles for the hoop poles did you burry them into the ground with a cement base or just gravel packed around them?

1 Like

I live in the suburbs but on the fence of which route to take got with a hoophouse and build it to the size I want or buy 1,but cost with be between 2-3k but have a nice eye appeal and finish.

6 Likes

This of course when this white crap goes away

2 Likes

The poles are all 6’ long and I drove them into the ground 4’ giving me a 2’ side wall that I screened. If I had it to do again I would have made the side walls 4 or 5’ because you end up with more usable space inside.

Also, I would still drive the poles in but then add at least 4" of Quickrete around each pole. food for thought.

G.

2 Likes

That’s it for me folks, time to call it a day. See all you OGers in the morning after I get back from taking Ms Trish to the airport. Have a good night everybody.

6 Likes

Nite @Gumbert, appreciate the insight on the hoophouse and deffinatly food for thought

1 Like

Sorry @Oldjoints , some howI missed your post. I think you are right. Initially the Frankie Sisters were sharing a light with three other taller plants that I should have moved sooner. Now the Sister have their on light about 12 inches above them and I just cranked it up. Time will tell if they get caught up. Thank you for the comment. I have much to learn about this plant.

3 Likes

I believe you are surrounded by the right folks to get you squared away as far as how to grow this plant.
Finding the correct strain and then breeding in a certain amount of CBD is very doable!
Here are a few CBD rich strains you should look at in your research:

And here are some CBD flower if you wish to try:

2 Likes

Good morning @Gumbert, I love your greenhouse. I bought a greenhouse a couple years ago and I think it’s time to get it put up. I’ve always wanted one so I’m gonna start small see how it goes.:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

good morning @Gumbert , @Greenfingers and of course OGs!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Have a nice Tuesday!

4 Likes

Good morning @Gumbert and the rest of OG!

3 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking for that size how cheap can I do it ! I noticed you said duck tape is that to hold at each bar ? Do you have a drawing of your idea ! I’m go outdoor this year and I would like this idea ,to keep the deer and noise niebourghs out of my business ! But like most I’m on a budget. I like the idea of the two poles with the conduit flexed to make the half moon I’m just stuck on this part of the idea !

Good morning everybody, just got back from the airport I need to get caught up and will be right back

When I built this one the main structure cost me about $1500 in materials not counting utilities wiring or plumbing or venting and circulation.

The reason for the duct tape is to protect the greenhouse film from the PVC. I discovered that pvc off gasses properties that destroys greenhouse film when it is exposed to sun light. The duct tape prevents the suns waves from direct contact with the pvc.

I made a drawing of this plan in the beginning I will see if I can find it and will post a picture of it.

I watched a lot of youtube videos on hoop houses and high tunnels and sort of designed this one based on some of the materials I salvaged after Hurricane Michael.

My side walls and roll up curtains are 24 inches. I wish they were 4 or 5’ as it makes for much more usable space

2 Likes

Ok thank you very much for your time ! I guess I got my home work ! I collect scrap for extra money on the weekends so I will have to keep my eyes open now !

1 Like

Thats great! Look for some long sections of chain link fence top rail. They can be used for the purlins. I used 6 of them 20’ long each that came from scrap.

Still looking for my drawing.

@Thetravler I just sent you DM.

Thank you I will look at them as soon as I’m done with the ladies he’s today’s update Frankie is starting to bud and coral kush well she just bbbeuatiful !!!

1 Like

16 Likes

Awesome!! I can not wait to see the sisters at that stage.