Gumbert's First Grow Log -- FRANKENSTEIN

First thing that comes to mind is that it’s ideal breeding ground for fungus gnats.
Unless you put a fabric pot inside the outer pot, that would slow down evaporation more than just placing it on a saucer.

2 Likes

I want to see this. Pictures please. :slightly_smiling_face: I collect audio equipment from the 1970s. Mostly Pioneer gear.

4 Likes

Look into Sour Diesel, Headband, and Headband crosses for relief. They work for me and so does a low THC strain called Catatonic. Another option is from @JohnnyPotseed his creation Frankenstein. I just harvested earlier today my first grow of Frankenstein and it is hanging in my drying closet. I will let you know how it works.

4 Likes

I wish I still had mine!

I had mostly Sansui equipment, power amp, tuner, reel to reel recorder, 10 stop equalizer, Gerrard Zero 100 turntable and 4 monster Warfdale 3 way speaker cabinets with 15" woofers, 8" mids and 3" horns.

Back in 1978 I fell on really hard times after we lost our first child and had no choice but to sell it. But I now have a complete component system as entertainment center but no turn table an no recorder and its all Sony…

Bums me out every time I think about it…

2 Likes

Yeah I am just starting Frankenstein now so please let me know after your dry process.

3 Likes

I am not familiar with them being a problem here.

About the only thing we have had an issue with here in the greenhouse are white flys. We attack them as soon as I see one or two with JWA or Neem oil, or JNP using rosemary or mint.

I am in NW Florida where are you?

1 Like

When i used to use Fabric Pots i used a Laundry bag a fine mesh one i cut the bottom off and sewed the fine mesh draw string part to the top of the fabric pot ,gave the Fabric pot its own top draw string and the little cocksuckers couldn’t go into my plant had 360 degree protection top and bottom.Now if i could only find a laundry bag big enough to fit a 50 gallon pot lol

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that you no longer have that Sansui gear. It was top notch back then.

4 wharfdales! Sounds like you had a quad system.

Never too late to get your hands on some of that vintage equipment and have a retro system setup :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m in Belgium!

1 Like

LOL, Back then there was only stereo no surround sound, The power amp had a speaker select switch for room A or room B or room A + Room B. We used it in two different rooms in our first house… It was top shelf back then.

My son has a Sonos system that is killer.

1 Like

My Kenwood receiver finally took a shit about two months ago. No sound output.
I still have a Technics turntable that I use daily. 1974 bought in Germany. And I have a Kenwood CD changer and a double cassette deck. I bought an Onkyo to replace the receiver. All I needed was something to drive my turntable. I use that stuff a lot.

3 Likes

There was surround in the 70s. It was called quadrophonic and used 4 speakers.
Some artists/ record companies released quad albums.
Sansui was involved in this.

https://images.app.goo.gl/uPwPetSEFiGASyy98

3 Likes

I’ve had Kenwood recievers. Very nice.
Technics turntables are hard to kill. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sorry to turn your grow log thread into a vintage audio discussion. @Gumbert
I can’t help it :blush:

1 Like

12 Likes

Well thats it for me folks been a busy day in the greenhouse. Be back at it in the morning, Good night OG…

2 Likes

I heard a quadrophonic Cut of Pink Floyd’s Darkside of the moon on my buddys Oldmans Set up he had in his Garage.Sounded like the sound was coming to and from all corners at once bouncing around.You could hear things on Darkside of the moon on Quad you normally couldnt hear well.He starts saying something like were not really on the darkside of the moon.They also had this egg chair thing that looked like those interview chairs in men in black.They had a speaker inside the chair that you could get Stoned and feel the music go up your spine.

3 Likes

That’s a nice turntable. I like to see people still spinning vinyl.
I have an Onkyo similar to yours for 5.1 I really like it.

2 Likes

That would have been awesome to hear.
I have so many versions of Dark Side but not the quad.

1 Like

Edgar Winter did a Quad recording of “Frankenstein” on one of their albums. I had a quad version of it on an 8track tape. That drum solo was just amazing on my buddy Jeff’s surround sound system! It sounded like it was spinning around the room. I wish I could experience that now that I get high. lol

Anyone with surround sound should listen to this. :slight_smile:
You are welcome.
:v:

7 Likes