Gumbert's First Grow Log -- FRANKENSTEIN

Good morning OG!

1 Like

Good morning @Gumbert, good morning OG’s, happy Friday.:peace_symbol:

1 Like

Good morning @Gumbert & OG

1 Like

Hey Gumby and all the others :slight_smile:

It’s a Friday - hope you are all doing fine!

Cheers

Calle

1 Like

Good Mornin @m0sirys , @Magu , @Golfnutt , @Greenfingers , @JohnnyPotseed , @CalleMinogue , and all you OGers making a difference!

Its Friday so lets get this weekend started right, here is 4 mins to get your head right…

6 Likes

They look good so far, Ill be watching this thread.

1 Like

Finally got to run this through my system in the TV room and I instantly remembered how Edgar was cutting edge back then with the creation of unique guitar tones run through a synthesizer.

Good one @MoBilly !

Here is one for you, this is what set me on fire to learn to finger pick… What do ya think?

2 Likes

Doc was a pure showoff. LOL
I love that old tune bro. Good one. :+1:t5:

1 Like

Merle was a guitar picker.

1 Like

I have always liked his style. I’d get my fingers twisted in knots before I got through that first song. lol

1 Like

Absolutely. But Doc got all the accolades.

1 Like

Do you think that was because he was blind?

1 Like

Good morning @Gumbert

1 Like

I think it was because he was a perfect “showman”. He interacted with the fans all throughout a performance. The audience felt like part of the show. He just drew folks in. A lot of folks are great singers and pickers but never go anywhere because the just don’t have that “thing” that creates a long lasting fan base.

1 Like

Good morning to you @Fortman420

1 Like

Yeah, I agree IMO he really was a great entertainer. The time I spent with them on a Saturday night many years ago he made me feel like we were just siting on the front porch pickin and grinin like a bunch of Cheshire cats. I really loved it while he was singing he would say, “Pick it son”.

He was not by any means the best singer but he was very entertaining and had a son that knew how to finger pick on demand. Any time I hear any music performed by them I get a big smile on my face.

1 Like

I’ve had the good fortune to pick with some amazing musicians at bluegrass festivals, churches… Probably not you, but a lot of folks would be surprised to find out just how many of these people know their just folks like you that happen to pick and sing for a living. lol
We used to stay up till early in the morning picking out in the camping area and it was a regular thing to walk by the different gatherings of pickers and see band members that were on stage earlier sitting around playing with the fans.

1 Like

Good morning OG, hope everybody is well and having a good weekend.

3 Likes

And a very good morning to you, my friend!

2 Likes

Saturday morning and it’s sprinkling, going to be a good day…

3 Likes