Gumby Plays Cupid

@GumbyBuds somewhere here on OG there is a post about seedlings/clones and light distances. Maybe it’s in a thread, but the gist of it is…

You can shower too much light on seedlings and clones. One of the most noticeable symptoms is dramatic yellowing of the entire plant. What happens is the plant exhausts it’s reserved energy in the leaves to stay alive rather then move that energy into the root system to make roots.

Obviously there are roots growing, but maybe it’s slowed or stopped, because yellowing in clones is normal for a few leaves until they die off completely before/while roots are forming, but from seed? I could be so full of shit though, but from a recent cloning failure myself, that’s what I narrowed it down to. Hope that’s a more descriptive explanation.

Anyone ever try to pop a seed under extreme amount light and heat/cold?

1 Like

well every thing you all honed in on are most likely at fault.

I will be soaking some seeds later tonight, but I will go back and look at every suggestion and fix what I can.

If I give her :palm_tree: paradise :palm_tree: she will be good to me so that’s what I’m going to try and do :seedling: :herb: :evergreen_tree:

But I have to admit, Semi-Hydro seems easier for me -Coco/Perlite for mediums Hempy/Top Drip for watering in Smart pots. I may be going that route to see where it takes me and revisit soil. There is so much I have to learn and I know for the Truly best tasting soil is the way to go.

1 Like

Did you rinse the perlite?

It sometimes has very small particles that will clog your roots. Which is what it looks like to me… IMHO.

1 Like

Never thought of that! I didn’t really beside the watering to get the soil wet but that would mean the particles are all in the soil still… Ill be sure to rinse from now on as well Thank you Friend!

1 Like