Progressive grow issues

Old head, new grower of cannabis…

Add images

![PXL_20231107_031616942|664x500](upload://ewoghHRUjbbF4BBGEAS5o5rBuND.jpeg)

I’m about seven weeks into my first grow, The pictures are of my most mature ladies so far… I’m runing organic, live soil, It;s made from choice garden dirt, compost, vermiculite, pearlite and coco… The coco came from the cheapest block I could find- and was completly unamended… The soil seemed rich, light and loamy… Germination and seedlings seem great until week 2 to 3… At which point I started to see yellowing, fading, and some spots… in particulare the cotyldon leaves turned crispy in about 2-3 days…

My round one plants recovered, but are now backsliding again- we are currently at 7 weeks, the plants are skywalker autoflowers… And I’m not sure whats going on… Origionally I thought perhaps light burn (no)… Then I thought overwater (no) then I thought I lett it get to dry and the coco got wacky (maybe), Then I thought nute lockout due to low PH (maybe)… I flooded my plants with tap water (just left to sit out for a few weeks)tried a little epsom foliar ( I think it helped), and kept lightly feeding tomatone food… They recovered , grew but now-- you can see the pictures… My tap PH should be about 7-7.5 ph, and unremarkable…(from water company) But I have shitty tools and can’t get good readings on anything…

My next batch of soil was enhanced with 10lbs of worm castings, some lime, some peat… and left to sit for about a month… new seedlings are doings the same thing at the 2 week mark… They go from a vibrant healthy green, to a faded lime green over week 2-3 and growth slows way down…

I have begun using cal-mag with waterings about 3 days ago, I seem to have stabilized but I’m not sure if im recovering, don’t really know whats going on, and I’m hoping you guys can help…

I’m thinking I got some very wacky coco, and didn’t wash it or pre-treat it and it’s messing up my grow.

2 Likes

Without more info I think they’re hungry.

5 Likes

Why add the coco to organic? How often do you water?

Well, I added the coco for lightness, and volume-- Ithought it would be good and most peeps on grow sites use coco with live soil… Mostly I try to keep em moist so- some water every other day.

I can try to give more details, temps are good, humididty 45-65%, it;s a basement tent in north jersey

What are the temps, my plants look like that when the seasons change and they are sitting in a cold floor. How much are you watering when you water every other day?

Oh I typically see people do coco or organic, I personally haven’t seen too many mix the too successfully.

Probably in the realm of a cup to cup and half to each pot… To me, it seemed like everything went wrong when my pots got dry the first time-- so I have not let them get dry ever again.

3 Likes

How large are your pots? What are your temps and what is the ground temp in the tent?

3 gal square and the knockoff 3 gal equiv air pots…

You are watering far to little. You want probably closer to 8-10 cups. I bet they are really dry at the bottom. If it was me I’m filling a bucket with a few inches of water (4-6), and let eaxh pot soak for 15-20 min. Changing water each time. You won’t need to water for a few days. We also need other details about your grow.

4 Likes

Those 4 x 8 sheets of Styrofoam from home depot are great for insulating floors.

3 Likes

Hmm… I water till I get some runoff, my pots don’t get light, my top inch is usuallly dryish bu the time I water. If anything I would think I’m on the overwater side

1 Like

I think my temps are good I’m running a vivosun controller, and my temps have never gone below 66, avg temp is 73, max temp have been 78…

1 Like

I bet your soil is hydrophobic and that’s why you see run off with a cup in that much soil.

1 Like

The air and the cold basement floor aren’t the same temp bud, you should check the floor temp, in veg I keep my plants about 8 inches off the ground with a heat mat under them.

1 Like

hmm… I get what that means, but I’d have to say no- My soil holds alot of moisture, and drains very well, I tend to water slow and all over the top of the pot. When it starts dripping from the bottom and pooling in the tray I figure they are wet.

OK good luck with your grow.

2 Likes

I have air under my pots, and they have a cushion layer (1/2 inch) foam pad under the whole tent. My basement floor is only 5 ft below grade…I can’t see why the floor temp would have an impact 2 weeks into the grow-- seems like that would have been a consistent problem all the way through…

1 Like

Seasonal weather changes. I deal with it too.

so, are you saying this might just be normal, typical grow issues and that we will get thru it? Those two smaller plants in the picture are at about 3-weeks behind the big girls.they are just starting to perk up and seem to be growing again., I have another batch 2 weeks behind those and they are fading too, just can’t figure out why they start so vibrant and healthy- stay that way for a week and then start to get crappy for 2 weeks, then grow a bunch, then turn crappy again? It does’t seem right, but I have no experience … so maybe thats just how it goes?

1 Like

I had a grow last year about this time…my plants did the same thing. I can’t remember what the solution was, but the plants did grow out of it and harvest was good.

Bottom watering may be a good idea for a while. Let the roots find the moisture gradient they’re happy with.

1 Like