Habitt's little 2x2 grow 2023 Mephisto Double Grape

I specifically got autos for their small size. Im used to working with 6+ feet in height in the past so this 4’ tent is going challenge me to go small.

1 Like

Geezus! That took far longer than it should have. Stupid cables. Finally finished getting everything stuffed in there. Still have to program the controller and THAT will be a bitch and a half for me. Stupid cables. Hopefully I’ll have that finished soon enough.

Stupid cables.

4 Likes

Good work! I have this tent as well, and I think it’ll be perfect for your autos! I had used it as a drying tent, but am planning on flowering out some clones in it soon. Doing some low stress training on them to keep them squat.

1 Like

It’s alive! And we’re off… as soon as the coco gets here.

5 Likes

Well, I got the coco yesterday but finally got the chance to plant the seed this morning.
IMG_8962 - Copy
Going to try my hand with the mini-octopot. Hopefully its as hands off as I’ve seen from others using these systems. Now off to get my vacuum.

6 Likes

She’s finally broken the surface. Day 1.
Its kind of hard to see in the first pic.

Have a close up.

5 Likes

Just added some GH nutes to the rez. As per the octopot grow guide I made it at half strength and ph’d the water to about 6. Will update when more happens.

1 Like

She’s a fuzzy little thing. Lets hope thats a good thing.

5 Likes

So I got a cool little toy today.

10 Likes

I’ve never seen a seedling like this before. I hope she’s ok.

8 Likes

That’s crazy. Maybe you got one of those three leaf clover type mutations, looks like four with one cotyledon. Super weird.

2 Likes

I think the cotyledon are folded against one another. If you look at the second pic, you can see a dark bruise like coloring under the top of the exposed cotyledon, I think the dark section is the second one that somehow got trapped under the first. I THINK this seedling topped itself.

2 Likes

th-2930752655

Reminds me of Tony hawks old haircut :haircut_man:

3 Likes

Day 7 week 1. Temps have been holding steady between 75 and 80F with RH sitting rock steady at 74%. Light scheduled was set to 24/0 and will remain on 24/7.

6 Likes

Day 14
So I made a mistake and Im pretty sure I stunted her. I had forgotten one of the basic tenants of growing; ventilation. I had my closet grow door(Tent is inside a closet) closed for about 9 days till I realized my mistake and then corrected it by keeping the door open. I should have remembered this, so this is totes my fault.

7 Likes

I close doors all the time, looks just fine to me :v:

1 Like

I’m just comparing her to other double grape grows on growdiaries and almost all are at least double the height with their 3rd set of leaves by day 14. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

A little update. Some Walter White from Mephisto

Coco Loco as the medium in a 2gal fabric pot. All I did was wet it with tap water. No ph. No nutes. Going to keep this as simple as I possibly can. I will follow the base three GH schedule and bottom feed as needed.

4 Likes

Have you checked the ph on your tap? All about keeping it simple but not checking ph might get you in trouble, just my 2 cents

1 Like

I phed all my water to 6.0 after mixing my nutes and before adding to the reservoir. I’ll give it a check to see if it’s changed since then and re-ph if I need to.

Edit: Its not the ph(5.85), lights are at 100% @ 3’ away, ppm was 335, RH is at 65%, temps are between 72-78.

2 Likes