** HAMBURGERS ** Thread

Blue cheese, red onion…the only way to fly :wink::grin:!!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, “Black and Blue” burger is so good. Here, a favorite pub does it with blue cheese and a fried onion ring, and med rare is the only way. It’s usually on the rare side of that. So good.

4 Likes

For me… run it thru the fire till it stops moo-ing, then it’s done enough!! Rare-- just chared n the outside and heated through!
Rare with blue cheese, caramelized onions and garlic mayo is one here that is one of my Faves!
Little hole-in-the wall called Brenda’s Burgers-- They only do Burgers and hot dogs… with chips or fries, and a can of Soda or bottled water…everything done on a real flame grill.
Their pinapple jalepeno burger and he one with Maple-glazed bacon, crunchy onion petals and special spicy maple mayo is awesome!

2 Likes

We have a place here that does a Black and Blue burger and it’s sooo good, medium rare and they make it on the rare side. The also put a big Onion ring on top. I had it medium one time, and never again. Totally different experience, lol.

4 Likes

Sounds almost like The Big Bear here… they have a burger they also call the Black & Blue- with onion rings!!
They also do a burger SO BIG it feeds like 5+people… about 10’’ across, 4’’ tall… topped with pulled pork, bacon, shaved ham cheddar, BBQ and Slaw…
We’d never been there, so didn’t know how big it was-- wondered why it was so pricey, but had to try it…
I started laughing like a loon when they brought it to the table-- it looked like a doggone Birthday cake!! I guess they weren’t kidding when the menu said our biggest burger’!!!

Damn… I KNEW not to come on this thread… now I want burgers!! :tired_face:

3 Likes

Haaa, nice. I can barely eat a whole one in one sitting anymore. I always take half home.

3 Likes
6 Likes

The burger is hidden under the red onion. It’s on sourdough toast. It was delicious! I’m going to watch that Gordon Ramsay tutorial.

8 Likes

Bambi burgers are where it’s at, baby!

8 lbs lean, trimmed and cubed whole muscle venison
2 lbs bacon, cubed

Shove it in the freezer until it’s partially frozen, then run through your meat grinder (you do have one, right?).

Add a little splash of Worcestershire sauce, pecan liquid smoke (if you have pecan smoked bacon it’s even better), and teriyaki sauce, then form into patties. I like dusting mine on both sides with cracked pepper and kosher salt before cooking.

If you want to be extra bougie, add a packet of hidden valley ranch seasoning to the mix (try a half packet per pound).

Top it with sharp cheddar cheese and whatever else you want, and enjoy.

Beats a boring beef puck all day every day…

9 Likes

Best burger I’ve ever had was in Istanbul turkey at salt bae’s restaurant by the Galeta tower. Can’t stand the salt bae guy and as a American I can’t believe the best I’ve had was there but here it is.

The vaccine burger…they inject hot liquid cheese into it at your table right before you eat it.

11 Likes

Love a good burger

Lamb and spicey yoghurt

Mushroom cheese burger on brioche

Bacon Cheese

Coconut crusted Mahi Mahi burger from when I had my food truck

12 Likes

Burgers it is today!

Not the best pictures but they were tastey af, tasted like big king from burger King lol

Beef is from Galloway cow, awesome!

11 Likes

I do ground chuck 1/3 lb or so,on the pit boss.Set to smoke for 45 minutes to an hour,then raise temp to cook for a medium rare.Everybody loves my smoked burgers.

3 Likes

Last night was a burger, 1/4lb of 80/20 beef, and 1/8lb of ground pork. It was delicious if a little sloppy to eat. I have to say that that’s just a little too much for 1/2 a slice of bread (as it is), yet not quite enough for 2 slices, as I have posted before. Guess I gotta start making the burgers a little bit bigger.

Did I mention it was delicious!! :yum:

7 Likes

Hey @GMan i worked at a steakhouse that used this seasoning callled black and blue, from a company called spiceology. It’s basically Cajun spice and dehydrated blue cheese.

I’ve used it on steak, burgers, fries, potato chips… you name it if you like blue cheese and a Cajun spice mix (mild heat) you should check it out I give it away as Christmas gifts all the time.

3 Likes

I decided to upgrade to a brioche bun. HA! Lately I’ve also been using 2/3 regular ground beef and 1/3 ground pork. Perhaps I’ll try lean ground beef next time (if I remember). This was last night and it was delicious! No ha!!

6 Likes

Cheeseburger

9 Likes

That sounds unique. I’ve never heard of it. I love Blue Cheese, and Gorgonzola even more. I’m going to have to look for that! thx :v:

3 Likes

Dinner last night was a burger, though not Hamilton Burger. (Been watching Perry Mason.) 3/4 beef, 1/4 praise the lard pork on a brioche bun. Condiments were mayo and mustard. It was delicious!

7 Likes

That is a very delicious looking burger!

You know what would be funny? To Photoshop it in old paintings of people. It really has a certain look on it which reminded me of those paintings. You know like this for example:

:smile:

2 Likes