Hand-Me-Down Grow Down

Hey everyone!

It’s been a few years since I’ve even attempted a grow but it’s so good to be back in the community… This really is a place like no other as you all know. I can’t wait to get to know you all!

So I’ve been tasked with trying to help two different med patients and this will be a place where hopefully I can record my attempts, get advice, and use my “phone a friend” when I can’t figure it out.

I bought myself a used setup and am currently going through everything and will be posting my material and equipment list. I still need to figure out what I’m missing and need to replace.

I have no idea how I’m going to grow this time. Things have changed in 6 short years, there’s so much to learn and I can’t wait to try something new.

Stay tuned
Growit

28 Likes

Well I’ll be first to pull up that fine chair in the back :wink:

4 Likes

Cool! I’ll be watching :eyes: too.

4 Likes

First order of business is Genetics.

Last go round I was fortunate enough to receive seeds from various members and seed giveaways. When I stopped growing I gifted what I thought was everything but about 2 months ago I found a small box with a few goodies left in it.

Perhaps I knew this day would come.

They weren’t stored properly and some may have been old when I received them over 6 years ago. Germination rate is to be low I expect.

Some are crosses from OG’s very own members which you may recognize.

Also some small retail as well as test/giveaway seed packs given to me.

Here’s the Rundown

(2) Royal Queen Seeds - Northern Light - Auto
(6) GreenPoint Seeds - Garlix - Reg
(2) GreenPoint Seeds - California Cannon - Reg
(5) SensibleSeeds - Seriously Citrus - Fem
(3) HSO - Trainwreck - Reg
(2) TH Seeds - DarkStar - Reg
(2) Emerald Triangle Seeds - Royal Purple Kush
(3) Mephisto Genetics - 3 Bears OG - Auto

OG Crosses

(6) Tangelope X 9LB Hammer
(6) C99 X Romberry
(6) 9LB Hammer X NL5xOG
(6) AO X XJxPENNY
(6) Jacked Up X Platinum Haze X GSC
(6) XJ Medley
(6) C99 X Romberry

Stay Tuned
Growit

14 Likes

Those garlix and California cannon both intrigued me enough to add to a list…. And I’m all about anything dank/rank/garlicky so the garlix would be a no brainer. Looking forward to your grow my friend. I’ll be in the corner in a cloud of dank if you need me :wink:

4 Likes

pulling up a chair for this show… the dark star caught my interest. What kinda of lighting are you going to be using?

2 Likes

Thanks for pulling up everyone… It’s good to know I’m never alone at this.

Shall we start the rotation while we wait for the others? :dash:
@Justsmkn @AzSeaindooin420

@TopShelfTrees1 I think those two may have to meet one day. Might be cool to do a seed run. I have a feeling those plants get huge.

As for lighting @Mrgreenthumb & That Dark Star looks :fire:

I have (2) Spider Farmer SF4000 and (1) SF2000

I have zero experience with LED lights. Hoping these will do the job for a little while.

In the purchase I also acquired (2) Viparspectra V1200 Blurples. Honestly I may put them to the side for someone who needs them - to anyone who may be in need reach out.

I don’t have my space ready to set the tents up yet but for the sake of figuring everything out I have a 4x8 Tent and a 2x4 Tent.

Still going through everything. Looks like I will have most of what I need.

I was really trying to stay on budget for this grow since I’m solely funding it and wanted to make sure I could produce usable medicine for the two of them before I over did it. However, I started lurking and saw the Octopot success people have been having and now I’m contemplating getting some…

If anyone knows if there are any sales or discounts coming up please let me know… or don’t . HA I don’t know

Stay Tuned
Growit

13 Likes

Definatly give the octos a serious consideration. You have a4x8 and 2x4 tent. What about a cloning area.?

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking I may need a small little clone set up. The goal is to eventually keep it perpetually going that way the 4x8 always has something in flower.

I never really tried my hand at cloning to be honest, a few cuttings in total maybe. That will for sure be a topic I need to refresh & relearn.

Is it worth getting a small tent like 2x2x4?

Thanks for pointing that out :+1:

I have an order sitting in my cart on octopots site :man_facepalming:

Do you have a closer you can use?if not you will need some thing for cloning, there are some nice cloning tents

1 Like

Nice! It’s always fun starting a new indoor setup!!! And if you go past your budget don’t worry you’ll save money with that grow medium…
just reuse it for 20 years lol it just gets better and better as long as you get it tested and add what you need, here and there :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

@Mrgreenthumb no unfortunately my house is very limited on storage space. So I’ll start looking for a tent setup.

@WeTokeChronic I’m super stoked this time around. Everything I did before had to be in secret and I was broke so that didn’t help. Now that laws are different I can do it the way I want.

Well you all have talked me into it, guess I’m going to pull the trigger on the octos. Now I just have pick what size I want…

Glad to have you all along for the ride!

I’ve got a lot of prep work to do to my grow area as far as getting it to a baseline of cleanliness and somewhere acceptable to grow medicine in. No small undertaking but I’ve already started. Baby steps I guess.

But in the meantime Im thinking of tossing a few autos in the 2x4 and getting something started for smokes sake.

Hopefully I can get them in a towel to germinate by the end of the night. Then I have to decontaminate the 2nd hand equipment.

Just have to figure out where the 2x4 is going now.

Stay Tuned
Growit

6 Likes

I have the 6 gal octopots and couldn’t be happier. Very easy going system.

1 Like

Trust me I’ve SEEN :eyes: your plants look so happy! I can’t wait to watch them progress

I hope I have the same luck you all have had. I’m leaning towards the 6 gals myself!

1 Like

Those sf’s will do great, I’m a fan of spider farmer and have seen them produce stellar plants. Looks like you have more than enough to me lol, awesome

3 Likes

I think you’ll have zero problems with those spider farmer lights. I use a a couple of their SF1000 in my little tents, and they are pretty stellar.
I pulling up a chair to see what comes from this :+1::sunglasses:

3 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 & @firehead thats really great to hear. Glad to have ya!

I’ll be setting up the 4x2 for a run while I set up my main area. Should I run the sf4000 or sf2000 in it?

I also may have found a home for one of the extra lights I have to a fellow OG member who reached out, so life is good.

Germination to come!

Growit

3 Likes

The sf4000 I’d put in a 3x3, you could use it in a 4x4 but you won’t get optimal lighting on the edges(big fan of bar lights over qb style for this reason) the sf2000 you can comfortably veg a 2x4 with. The game really hasn’t changed that much just more efficient lights and wider available info really. You can still grow great weed with a 1 part fertilizer in some Promix(or equivalent). I really like gh maxigro/maxibloom, with added silica(any brand of ksil will do) 1/4tsp Kskil/gallon water then ph down at the same amount (this may differ depending on your starting water) if starting with ro water at least with the gh maxi line you want to add like 1ppm borax works out to like 3.7-3.8ml of 1000ppm borax solution (1g/liter water) but that’s only if you’re using ro water, if you’re on city tap you’ve probably got trace elements in your line. Other than that go get some seeds and happy growing!

4 Likes

Before the octopots I ran a coco drain to waste system with only four plants but was using close to double the nute and water as I am now with the octopot. Another benefit is several of the OGer using octopot there a lot of information if you listen. I didn’t and on my second octo grow I am and can clearly see the difference. A lot of trial and error already been done just follow the process. I go outta town tomorrow for a week and it no problem at all if your running the octopot res can handle atleast six days in veg

4 Likes

Greetings and welcome home.
Nice organic inputs in that pic. I’d suggest 1 City Picker from Lowes or Home Depot run all organic with worms and shit.

Gotta spot in the front row to watch the grow show
Peace

2 Likes