Handguns and firearms talk

Don’t let fear get in the way. An ar is the simplest gun on the planet. How complex can it really be? Jar heads use it’s cousin so you know that are simple lol.

From the time I lock an 80% lower in the vice till I’m shooting it is about 2 hours.

If I start with a completely milled lower it’s only about 45 min from pile of parts till bang including mounting the barrel to the upper without lapping the upper first.

You can get away without even having an armorer’s wrench depending on what barrel nut your hand guard uses.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, got lucky today lol! Walked into sportsman’s, and they had 9mm, 5.56 match and 6.5 creedmoor. Bought my 2 box limit ofc. :joy:

2 Likes

Lol, my cottage welcome mat.

8 Likes

8 Likes

I used to shoot and ref competitive sporting clays in PA with my old man. It was a pretty cool thing to do together when I was young and got me into shooting. Nothing better on a really bad day than to take it all out at the range. I just ordered a P320 80/lower to build my first pistol. I was going to build a glock but I really like the design of the sig.

2 Likes

Go to Marinegunbuilder.com. They have a good forum and a pretty significant amount of information on building your own guns. They also give you trusted sellers and discount codes. If you are good with your hands it’s not difficult to build a gun.

1 Like

Sweet! Thanks man! I’ll take a look! :v:

1 Like

Very good point sir. :joy:

Nice :grin:

1 Like

This site has everything I keep finding new places every day!
Here’s a couple of my recent purchases

7 Likes

Once I move out of California I’ll own loads of
Guns

3 Likes

It will be nice to live in the real world!

@Kushking902 nice! What’s that in the second picture?

1 Like

Anyone have any suggestions for bolt action rifle, preferably less than $1500, chambered in 6.5 creedmoor? Been looking at Tikkas, but they’re pretty hard to find state side. Remington went through bankruptcy so I was told to be weary of the Remington 700. Bergaras are nice, but pretty damn heavy.

I was wondering the same thing. Bullpup shotgun or rifle of some sort.

3 Likes

Rock river arms, Springfield arms
Hard to beat RRA in a 223 or 308 got them both, I know the owners.

.300 mag XI with muzzle break about 28lbs.
Like shooting a bbgun

Remington 700 always been reliable have one of those in a 22.250

4 Likes

Ruger works fine and would be in the price range. Slightly janky and not super polished OEM but it’s modular. I’ve reached out to 1K with precision on a Ruger platform. I call this a entry level gun for long distance … that works. It’s a good platform to understand many of the ‘issues’ you’ll discover with precision.

Bergara has a model I think but it may be pushing the pricing. Weight is actually a good thing depending on your intent. If you’re going 6.5, the most popular application is long distance where you are mostly set-up and not moving around too much.

R700’s are sort of the benchmark but it’s entirely dependent on the smithing and component quality. I’d go R700 as a custom build once you’ve had a chance to get comfortable with long distance precision and some of the niggles that are personal preference. For instance, bore axis is going to be slightly elevated relative some of the other solutions. Are you able to overcome the muzzle rise to regain sight picture timely? Barrel swaps may get a bit more complicated, etc.

3 Likes

Top one looks like a .22 bottom one is not a shotgun and I believe is classified as a pistol.

3 Likes

It is most certainly a bullpup, but I agree the barrel/mags look too narrow to be a shotgun. I saw the top one is a .22. I was trying to read what brand it was, but my eyes aren’t that good.

I’ve been shooting an older laminated Remington 700 chambered in 22-250 and it is crazy smooth. I just need something with more knock down, and I’m a little leary of Remington atm.

1 Like

Thanks Loki! The plan is to get out to 800-1000 yards. I will be using it a lot at the range, but I also hope to take it hunting this fall (which should be pretty funny being as how I’m vegan). I’m not sure what the threshold for carry weight is, but I figured if it was less than 9lbs or so would be good. I don’t want any of the feather lite stuff.

I do like Rugers, especially for the price point. I have handled a couple of Tikkas, and I really like the action on them. The Mauser M18 actually felt pretty nice. I don’t think I have seen any OEM’s. I’ve been hawking all the gun shops, and looking online. It’s really not easy to find guns right now. Thanks for the response!

4 Likes

That’s the Tavor X95. Beautiful little rifle. I just got it a few months ago so it will need a few mods to get it where I want it

3 Likes

It’s 5.56, I found out it comes in a .308 model but I had already got this when I found that out

2 Likes

Nice! I’m looking for a bolt action right now, but an AR chambered in 5.56 will be next! Ummm… Well maybe after I get a bear gun lol. Thinking a 10mm for that. Damn it, I want them all! :speak_no_evil:

4 Likes