Handguns and firearms talk

Likewise, I’ve done it twice. I love psa.

It may be super hard to find anything right now though.

3 Likes

Boy the receiver sets I have in the closet are looking more and more gold colored by the day lol

Showed my wife what they were selling for if you can find them and reminded her I only paid $50 each for them lol

6 Likes

Hey guys has anyone heard the song; RoLand the headless Thompson gunner, by warren zevon? Are tommy guns like in the old movies in black and white the same company as Thompson/center rifle? The modern company Thompson/center I heard the best rifle is a Thompson.

1 Like

I have thought about building my own. I know there are a lot of videos and resources for that. However, I know very little about handguns, and absolutely nothing about rifles. Pretty sure if I don’t run out and buy that DD it will be gone in a day or two, but I think I’m going to pass it up until I can do more research. Appreciate the responses. :v:

4 Likes

All it takes are a few cheap tools (the proper ones), mechanical saavy, hand eye coordination, and YouTube.

Edit: I’ve assembled 2 (not a gunsmith). It set me back like 30 bucks for punches and a specialty wrench.

4 Likes

Putting receivers together is very time consuming and sometimes needing magnification

5 Likes

It does depend on your eyes, and hand steadiness for sure.

It took me less than 45 minutes to put together a lower reciever, and attach to an assembled upper. I don’t have to tools to deal with the barrel.

Good point Reynard, I should have specified. Go with a lower parts kit, stripped lower reciever, and assembled upper if you have assembly/ mechanical skills.

4 Likes

Don’t let fear get in the way. An ar is the simplest gun on the planet. How complex can it really be? Jar heads use it’s cousin so you know that are simple lol.

From the time I lock an 80% lower in the vice till I’m shooting it is about 2 hours.

If I start with a completely milled lower it’s only about 45 min from pile of parts till bang including mounting the barrel to the upper without lapping the upper first.

You can get away without even having an armorer’s wrench depending on what barrel nut your hand guard uses.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, got lucky today lol! Walked into sportsman’s, and they had 9mm, 5.56 match and 6.5 creedmoor. Bought my 2 box limit ofc. :joy:

2 Likes

Lol, my cottage welcome mat.

8 Likes

8 Likes

I used to shoot and ref competitive sporting clays in PA with my old man. It was a pretty cool thing to do together when I was young and got me into shooting. Nothing better on a really bad day than to take it all out at the range. I just ordered a P320 80/lower to build my first pistol. I was going to build a glock but I really like the design of the sig.

2 Likes

Go to Marinegunbuilder.com. They have a good forum and a pretty significant amount of information on building your own guns. They also give you trusted sellers and discount codes. If you are good with your hands it’s not difficult to build a gun.

1 Like

Sweet! Thanks man! I’ll take a look! :v:

1 Like

Very good point sir. :joy:

Nice :grin:

1 Like

This site has everything I keep finding new places every day!
Here’s a couple of my recent purchases

7 Likes

Once I move out of California I’ll own loads of
Guns

3 Likes

It will be nice to live in the real world!

@Kushking902 nice! What’s that in the second picture?

1 Like

Anyone have any suggestions for bolt action rifle, preferably less than $1500, chambered in 6.5 creedmoor? Been looking at Tikkas, but they’re pretty hard to find state side. Remington went through bankruptcy so I was told to be weary of the Remington 700. Bergaras are nice, but pretty damn heavy.

I was wondering the same thing. Bullpup shotgun or rifle of some sort.

3 Likes

Rock river arms, Springfield arms
Hard to beat RRA in a 223 or 308 got them both, I know the owners.

.300 mag XI with muzzle break about 28lbs.
Like shooting a bbgun

Remington 700 always been reliable have one of those in a 22.250

4 Likes