Hey OG, show me what's in your pants :)

Hello OG’ers. So I am of that age where I got a pocket knife when I was a kid from my father. This seems to be something that does not tend to happen as often as it did when I was growing up. It was a tool and something you did not go anywhere without. Now as an adult I am the same, I don’t go anywhere without at least 1 knife in my pocket or on my belt. As an outdoors person I have many, many knives but am curious what others are packing either as their EDC or when they are in the bush.

For my day to day at work I have a Kershaw Blur Tanto blade with Tiger stripped DLC coating and a Kershaw Chive Chrome. When I change after work I carry a Zero Tolerance ZT0303. So I will start with a few pics, this is my Blur / Chive combo at work and the ZT0303 and Chive for after work.

22 Likes

Here are a few more from my collection.

14 Likes

These are just Kershaws, they stopped letting us import them into Canada so I stocked up:)

24 Likes

Never bring a knife to a gun thread :rofl:

23 Likes

LOL, not really a cutting tool but cool none the less.

2 Likes

LOL, I will leave my gun cabinets for another thread.

11 Likes

Same, I rather the government not know how many I really have.

41C3OW-CWOL.AC_SY780

13 Likes

Unfortunately lost all mine in a tragic boating accident.

10 Likes

I lost mine on 12/16/1773, during a tragic boating accident in the Boston harbor.

15 Likes

I’ve cut a fair share of paper with firearms.

I’ve removed a lot of material from clay pigeons too but that chips and doesn’t cut well.

I never got any fancy knives. The only ones I own you’d consider collectors pieces are my Opinels, but fancy they aren’t…

5 Likes

I’ve been testing this one that I made latley… it can hang off my belt or hang into my pocket to be a little less obvious to the Karen’s.

1084 high carbon steel
2 tone micarta scales
Kydex sheeth with a spring steel belt loop

13 Likes

Nice work. I kind of got into putting handles on blanks awhile ago. Never smithed anything though. I’ll have to see if I can dig up some photos.

3 Likes

I have many very cheap Mora knives that are some of the best things ever. You can even start a fire off their spines with a good rock. Fancy does not equate to good in the case of knives IMO.

6 Likes

Hey, take that talk here. We need to revive this thread a bit. :wink:

3 Likes

That’s beautiful bud, nothing like a good full tang knife. I like the one in the second post top left. It’s a Habilis bush tool. Thing is a beast.

3 Likes

Thanks, I think shaping the handles and doing the finish work is one of my more favorite parts of making them… somthing about watching the figure in burl start to pop with every finer grit is satisfying!

@DougDawson thanks man! I do prefer folders for daily activity but I havnt got to the point of trying to make one yet lol it hides fairly well though

6 Likes

Very cool. When I am up north I tend to use full tang knives but have a folder backup as well. My ZT 0303 is 14 oz and a beast of a folder. I got a custom sheath for that. My full tangs I tend to carry in a cross draw so they sit horizontally on my side of back. People get weirded out by knives for some reason so I try to keep them out of sight as well.

3 Likes

I made my post there like a month or so ago.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get it. I mean, cops can walk around all day with guns and no one bothers to even look twice, but God forbid I carry a folder, or worse, a fixed blade.

To me, it’s one of the best tools you can have on you. Even my wife has a small locking buck knife on her Keychain.

7 Likes

I agree, it’s a must have. My wife carries that rainbow one in the second post. It’s an Mtech with assisted open. A cutting tool is one of peoples oldest and most useful tools and everyone should be comfortable around them. My favorite safety tip, a sharp knife is a safe knife or dull knives hurt people.

6 Likes