Happy Frog Opinions

The Craft Blend?

1 Like

I believe itā€™s a little hotter than ocean forest. I donā€™t grow autos but from what I know they donā€™t like very hot soil when they are starting out. Iā€™d recommend Stepwell Super Soil. Itā€™s organic. Incredible soil.

1 Like

FFOF is hotter than FFHF.

3 Likes

Oh ok. I thought it was hotter than the OF but I stopped using that stuff years ago. Itā€™s been a long time. Again, highly recommend Stepwell Soil

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had good luck with Fox Farms, but not everyoneā€™s a fan. Iā€™ve never heard of Stepwell but just looked it up. You must be up in Canada?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve said this before, but in the last 2 years FFOF has consistently not had a good balance of K in their soil.
I was always supplementing very early to avoid crispy edges from Potassium deficiency.
I think Happy Frog is the superior starter soil of the 2.
But I ditched both for Build-a-soil

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got BAS stuff all over my house. Their Craft Blend has quite a bit of Ca in it. Iā€™ve heard itā€™s more meant for RO water. I still use it, but the Ca in it along with the Ca in my water can want to lock out K. Iā€™ve become a fan of langbeinite for extra Mg and K. And Just recently bought some potassium sulfate to check out.

Iā€™m not growing anything at the moment, but am keeping my soil fed and moist so itā€™s ready for when I want to grow again. I havenā€™t taken a break from growing for years, so this is kinda nice.

Iā€™ll second this!
I use Down to Earth brand, and Iā€™ve generally got a box of it on standby dur to my previous issues with FFOF

2 Likes