HaRdRoC's 4 Plant Perpetual

I’ll do my best. Never used Advanced nutrients, leds, air pots or autos before. Should be fun. Thanks for the support bud!!

2 Likes

I’ve thought about that for a bit and it still won’t work for me. I’ll have a veg and flower space side by side but need to have the sensors for the controllers in each space for proper control of each.

I may get one of those fans anyway for the flower space then I’ll have spare parts for my temp/rh controller and not have to build a new unit. Think my cooling thermostat is starting to go now so will need to replace that soon and already have one on hand. The unit I have uses a bathroom RH controller and a cheap heat/cool thermo from Canadian Tire wired together so either one can turn the exhaust fan on.

I see their sensor is on a 12’ remote cable so if a 2nd sensor can be used then that would work. I’ll have to look further.

I just started using Mega Crop nutes after 18 years of mostly AN and am liking them better. ! part dry nutes geared for growing pot with built in silica, crab meal stuff and 18 amino acids. Using my Big Bud this crop instead of the P/K booster that goes with the MC. Still have at least a half gal of each of the 3-part AN left over but will use them if I do some more DWC.

4 Likes

I looked into it and the controller can only use one temp/rh sensor and can run two fans using the same settings. It has a proprietary power plug for the fans so you either need to buy the same brand or DIY a plug end to fit. The socket looks very much like like the old style hard drive power sockets on computers so may be easy to do.

Still a decent price tho the bearings are only rated for 67,000 which is a little over 7.5 years run continuously. Would still probably outlive me! :smiley:

:peace:

2 Likes

Here’s the nutrient schedual, I’ve come up with, please let me know if I could improve on it.

VEG:

Weekly:
Ancient Earth & Carboload, 2ml each once a week.

Week 2 & 3 :
Piranha, Tarantula, Voodoo Juice, Ancient Earth & Carboload. 2ml each

Repeat week 2 & 3 every other week.

Flower:

Weekly:
Same as veg.

Week 1 & 2:
Will be the same as veg 2 & 3, then every other week as well.

Week 3 and on will change out Carboload for Bud Candy.

Week 8: nothing but water till finished. (on photo’s)

3 Likes

No idea, never used any of it :frowning: but it sounds great :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The only thing I’m lacking is silica…looking for a cheaper source of it

1 Like

I hear, rice hulls, but how much silica do they have, and do they have to break down for the silica to be availible?

3 Likes

I use Grotek silica its about the only non organic thing I use. I was looking today for something to boost my K, I always seem to be short near the end of flowering, when its needed most. Ended up buying bat guano from Steves Hydro, I dont like that place, but it was convenient, as my truck was getting MVI 'd across the road from them. As soon as you say, organic or No Till, they look at you as if you’re from another planet lol.

Edit. I think I might start using rice husks for silica, looks good, but would have to be broken down in the soil.

3 Likes

I hear ya, I don’t like that place either, always seems so Shadey…( not like you of course…lol) in a bad way lol. That’s where I had to go to get my AN nutes…as sweet leaf was closed all weekend for some reason, and there was road work being done on the bridges, so the line up were CRAZY, so that crossed off going to the Dartmouth stores…

3 Likes

So I remember this from the unconventional farmer before it went down. But making biochar with rice hulls will make the silica available.

That’s basically what I use. I find it cheaper to buy the dry Agsil16H from buildasoil and mixing it with water to match ProToKt.

4 Likes

August 1st,

Day one of Super Lemon Haze. Tossed out the 1st one I tried to germinate.
I also had to throw another Planet Purple in jiffy puck, as the other one stalled out, which was probably my fault as I dug around a bit to see if it had popped yet…whoops hehehe

5 Likes

Congratulations you’re a Daddy.

3 Likes

Whoohoo, little lady just got home and checked the mail, got some beans in there. I like this I49 place.
They give you free seeds if they don’t germinate 80% of them. Had a batch of 3 Sour Diesel that none of them germ’d, while all of the other 4 batches germ’d 100% So I got to pick a strain for 3 free seeds. This is what I picked.

4 Likes

Thats good customer service and very trusting of them.

3 Likes

quick service too… when I called them about it, the phone didn’t even ring 3x and she was on the other end. I just had to email them, how I germ’d them and my order info, and badabing, seeds!!!

5 Likes

What are you using for base nutes? No Big Bud for flowering?

That Voodoo etc is a lot of money and Bud Candy probably won’t do anything more than Carboload. Both just feed the microbes.

Big Bud comes in an organically derived version now too. I’ve use BB since it was invented. None of the other stuff tho. Just the 3-part, BB and Rhino Skin for the silica.

Diatomaceous Earth mixed into the soil can supply loads of silica. Couple Tbsps in a 5 gal pot should be enough and trace elements too.

Rice hulls take a long time to break down so would need to be well cooked soil to get any from them. If you are using real dirt you probably have enough silica already.

A 250ml bottle of Rhino Skin would last a long time. My liter jug has gone all green with snot balls in it so I’ll be tossing it. About half left too. :frowning:

I’d chuck the pucks and just germinate in your grow media. Line a pill jar with 150 grit sandpaper and shake your seeds around for two full minutes then plant. Don’t handle the seeds with your bare hands as skin oils easily coat the seeds and prevent them absorbing water. Scarifying them in the pill jar lets the water in contaminated seeds easier and more uniformly.

Never heard of those guys so went and checked out their CBD seed offerings. Got some good stuff but bugger all details about the couple I checked out. Lazy. I want to know their parentage and other details before I waste money on seeds.

:peace:

3 Likes

I ended up scrapping the idea of AN line. Was forgetting that it’s going to be my buddies 1st grow. I can only get over there once a week to show him and help out. So I went back to the original plan…

Week 2 & 3:
Voodoo Juice 2 ml / 2 liter,
same amount Bud Candy
1 / 8 tsp of this 40% silica I picked up

The rest of veg, I’ll be using Bud Candy, silica, one watering then alternating the next with Botincares organic tea.

1st 2 weeksof flower will be same as week 2 & 3 of veg.
Will alternate in flower the same as veg.

Trying to keep it simple again. I was going silly with the nute buying lol. (my partner told me so) I have like 8 of thier bottles… Hydro store is gonna hate seeing me walk back in with the same box I walked out with…

Oh yes, the soil. It’s an organic localsoil soil, called Kryptonite. It’s in a link at top of my page, can’t link atm. On ps4 right now.

4 Likes

Here’s the link to the soil I’ll be using.

1 Like

Anyone ever hear of or use this silica??

After this bag is done, or maybe before…I’ll probably be switching to Botincare’s Silica Blast, to go with the tea.

3 Likes

I have seen it on Amazon, looks ok why dont you think its not good?

1 Like